SERIE A: Bologna - Juventus (3 Viewers)

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
Tare is not big deal, i liked him better in brescia. the only thing that can be a problem with him are long balls, when he plays really well. but if our defence can stop that than we will have advantage. but the question is WILL our defence do that

as to a must min game, yeah i absolutely agree with you

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Agreed. Keep Montero out of the first team and we'll be ok for now. Zamby - Thuram - Legro - Pesso seems to be doing well enough, better than Thuram - Legro - Monty - Zamby anyways. Also, it's only going to get better imo as Legro is finally starting to gain a bit of confidence and Biri should be back to strengthen the right side (Zamby will play left back as usual) in a week or so.

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #49
    zamby is better as a left back.. he was a bit shaky when he played RB in the last match.. I think he got used to be a LB.. Thuram and Legro should be good.. though I don't mind seeing ferrara beside thuram.. is he back yet..?

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ferrara rocks....!!

well, since CL is coming....and trez just recovered, maybe he wont play the whole 90mins. lippi shud play trez 1st, then sub him for DV coz marco sucks when he starts :wallbang: he's so used to coming off the bench, he doesnt know how to be a starter anymore. but i hope micco will start :extatic:

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    I can't see us keeping a clean sheet against Bologna, but it would be awesome to..strange that we used to take clean sheets for granted and now we pray on them..
    Miccoli needs to play an active part in this game, but so does all our attackers - they can all amount to a certain degree of threat in front of goal, however Di Vaio has slowed recently.
    My prediction; Juventus 2 - 1 Bologna. Another game where we dominate, but frustrate in finishing.
    This is just teething after that 'capital crushing' - the media can't shut up about; week after next we'll be banging them in! :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, 2-1 sounds like a safe prediction to me. Hope DP scores, and I want Enzo and Micco to start. I know that it's not very likely because of their height and aerial prowess, but I'm praying for Miccoli and Del Piero to prove to Lippi that they can play well together (like Cassano and Totti).

PS. I know that Totti is taller and probably stronger than DP, but Alex scores quite a few headers and has a pretty good jump as he showed against Inter in the Coppa.

Anyways, the important thing is that we win. Forza Juve!

Aug 1, 2003
    Oh shoot I forgot what I wanted to ask.

Oh yeah, is Birindelli back? I'd prefer him to play on the right and we can move Thuram to the centre (although I prefer thuram on the right.. but Montero can't be relied on :down: )

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    DV - Miccoli rested well in the past days while Alex was engaged with the Azzurri 2-2 draw with the Czech Rep. So I would say rest Alex and Treze for Deportivo and play with DV-Miccoli against Bologna. Maresca should also definately start.

Sally, Birindelli returned to train with the team yesterday but is still short of match fitness. He should be back soon. Trezeguet, Tudor and Camoranesi also trained seperately to recover from their respective injuries. The only absentees were those in International duties (Buffon, Legrottaglie, Del Piero, Nedved and Thuram). They should return today.

Tacchi will miss this match through suspension, and I think Appiah should replace him.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    Forza Juve! it sounds like Bologna has given us trouble before....it would be nice to get a clean sheet though :rolleyes: I think it could be 3-2

Aug 27, 2003
    Deff will not be diffrent hold on..bologna may not be the top 5 in the standing but thye sure are very stron and we shouldnt take them for granted and lippi knows his openents very well..
    lets hope he brings up the top players in this match..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I wouldn't rest DP just yet because this game could turn out to be a very important one with Milan involved in the big derby against Inter. Either Miccoli or Di Vaio would partner Alex upfront, but DP would exit for Trezeguet some time in the second half. We can't take Bologna likely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)