[Serie A] Bologna 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 21st 2010) (10 Viewers)

Man of the match - MoM

• Diego

• Candreva

• Del Piero

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
By the way, who's this guy? is he one of the trainers Zac brought with him?
He seems he's developed a great friendship with our players, motivating them in a very positive way:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Juve's strategy thus far seems that the best way to improve a mid-table team's position is to drag the entire table down. Thank you, calciopoli.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
man, enough of Zacchs shit ... again the players have won it ... we can be glad that melo somehow managed to regain his form all by hisself despite zacch becoming our manager...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Look how pathetically static Legro is at 2:08.
without looking at the clip i just want to remind how ridiculously headless-chicken'esque de ceglie was, when we conceded ... i can't believe everybody is bashing grosso when he plays, but this absolutely useless peace of meager meat on glass-bones gets away with it

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
It feels good that we're winning again, and that we're obviously improving. And it is obvious that the under-performing players, aka Amauri, have clearly improved along with the return of some of the injured players.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's ridiculous. Before each and every game the majority of posters complains about "the idiotic line-up" the coach makes yet we keep on winning. Through the game the majority of posters complains about the subs, yet Candreva scores the winner and we keep on winning. Even after the game when we've gained three points majority of posters says that we played bad and it was all luck, yet we keep on winning in the next game. Admit it, Zaccheroni has proved most of you wrong. Now have some faith and support for the guy and our team please. They need it.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
I did not see the game, just the highlights. It seems Diego was substituted for Candreva, did Zach change the formation after? Or did Candreva take the playmaker role?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I did not see the game, just the highlights. It seems Diego was substituted for Candreva, did Zach change the formation after? Or did Candreva take the playmaker role?
Near to the end he seemed to be playing as a winger. However when he came on he took the playmaker role.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Not sure what you're seeing there because today and on Thursday there were still holes in the defense, even when we switched to four at the back. Bologna had a couple chances they should have converted because of poor marking and overall organization.

Take a look at the holes we have had on the flanks these past two matches. Our opponents have raped us regardless of the formation we used. The difference is that our opponents have not finished their chances recently as opposed to earlier in the year, which I guess Zach deserves credit for just because it happened under his watch.

I don't really agree. Our defenders were panicking against Ajax just like they were in the Ferrara matches you've highlighted. In my opinion, you're mixing up the results with the actual performances which, in reality, is probably something folks got used to.
I'm not saying the defence is perfect, what I am saying is that the defence has improved over the last few games. Yes Bologna had their chances today, they had that open goal opportunity and a few other times they looked threatening, but all in all I think we soaked up the pressure quite well today, and this is something we couldn't do with Ferrara.

Also talking about chances they 'should have scored' is irrelevant because we also had 2/3 chances that we should have scored too, these things even themselves out. If both teams would have scored all of their chances we would have won anyway. Regardless I know what your saying, we are still gifting our opponents chances to score, but what I am saying is that we are conceding less clear cut chances these days. I must also confess i didnt see the first half of the Ajax match, and I know we were dicked on in that while Zeb was on the pitch. But from what I did see of that match, we looked pretty solid at the back when we went 'Catenaccio' on their ass.

There are so many thing that could have made us look more "organized", I mentioned them earlier: picking up points, injured players coming back, the boost after changing a coach (hell, Lazio beat Inter in the Supercoppa thanks to having a new coach, and look where they are now). The worrying thing is, even after having a new coach, having the injured players back, we still concede a lot of chances. It happened with Lazio, Livorno, Genoa, Ajax, and Bologna. While our offensive improvement can be explained by things other than coaching, our defensive stagnation lies solely on the Zac's shoulders.
Our defence is a huge problem, there is no question there, I cant even remember the last time we kept a clean sheet (except Napoli coppa game). We've conceded in pretty much every game going back to the end of october and that is going to hit everyone's confidence for 6. What i'm saying is you cant expect Zac to change things overnight, 1st of all thats pretty much impossible, and 2ndly he's not a good enough manager anyway. I think the defence has taken steps forward. I'm not saying the defence is amaizng and that Zac is a miracle worker, but I am saying there have been improvements, even if they are only slight. The biggest issue with this defence is confidence, and its a slow process to get that back, after such a long period of being absolutely spanked.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #240
    C*ntface journalist Enrico Varriale after the game wanted a reaction and insisted on the DP "hand ball" before the goal to Bologna coach Colomba. Colomba said, "I think you're exaggerating. You get calls your way one day and the other you get it in your favour. I think we should all tone it down a bit."

Bravo Mr. Colomba and screw that journalist. The Special dolt should learn from this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)