[Serie A] Bologna 1-1 JUVENTUS (postponed to March 7th) (20 Viewers)

Man of the session

• Bonnuci's red card

• Borrigoals brace

• Conte's 1st subs min 79... 79 > 80

• Pepe's butterflies tattoos

• Padoin saving the day

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
RAMI¹⁰;3551732 said:
:agree:

It's the best possible formation... maybe Giach instead of Marchisio.
Hmmm, I'm hoping for Marchi to play like he did when we were regularly using 433. A lot will depend on both Vidal and the other midfielder next to Pirlo, so I'd rather that be Marchisio. Two workhorses who can both add something going forward when the game allows it, which it should. It seems the most secure option in midfield. Pepe simply deserves that spot, he can blow some new life into that trident.

---------- Post added 06.03.2012 at 14:05 ----------

blʘndu;3551733 said:
better a 3-5-2 than starting that disaster
Who would you have play the '3' then?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I agree with you, Ken. but Giach is in better form than Claudio lately...
Or we can use Marrone with pirlo to protect the defence and give Vidal a bit of freedom to go forward and shoot!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Key to this game is to keep possession as long as possible, control the play (what we did so well all season long), try not to lose the ball in stupid ways like against Chievo. And what someone mantioned earlier, offside trap must work perfectly, otherwise Di Vaio will burn us.
and the linesmen.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
With Marchisio, Pirlo and Vidal we have owned every midfield this season. Conte will start all of them. Pepe, Matri and vucinic in attack. Back four already setled I guess. I don't think we should worry. 0-2.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Hmmm, I'm hoping for Marchi to play like he did when we were regularly using 433. A lot will depend on both Vidal and the other midfielder next to Pirlo, so I'd rather that be Marchisio. Two workhorses who can both add something going forward when the game allows it, which it should. It seems the most secure option in midfield. Pepe simply deserves that spot, he can blow some new life into that trident.

---------- Post added 06.03.2012 at 14:05 ----------

Who would you have play the '3' then?
We are constantly continuing to worry about the midfield, and who will play or not play next to Pirlo, alongside Vidal or Marchisio etc..... You people should realize once and for all that the midfield (or the defence) are not the problem AT ALL and whoever plays there is not important cause this year we have owned almost every midfield we have played against.....You should realize that THE ONLY problem we have is the attack and it is THERE that we need to worry who will Conte pick or when he decides who, worry IF those chosen will perform as they need to......So my advice is that everyone here, in this thread, should only post line-up's only from the front three and who should be leading our attack....My opinion, against Bologna, it should be....

Pepe - Matri - Vucinic...... If Vucinic starts sucking again, sub him in the 50-th minute with Giacc or Quags, or Del Piero, NOT BORIELLO!!!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We need to keep our own tempo, it's one thing that Vidal and Pepe particularly help with, aside from Pirlo.

Key to this game is to keep possession as long as possible, control the play (what we did so well all season long), try not to lose the ball in stupid ways like against Chievo.

Limiting counter-attacking chances is always key, but even more so when your best defence isn't available.

And what someone mantioned earlier, offside trap must work perfectly, otherwise Di Vaio will burn us.
I wouldn't even play an offside trap.

Just drop off a little and mark the runners.

Holding the high line is just too risky against someone as clever as Di Vaio, especially since Bologna have a couple of people in midfield capable of picking a pass.

If Juve were to play a high line it would put a huge strain on Juve's midfield and forwards to press really hard to make sure Bologna don't get time to look up and get the chance to play easy passes over the top.

And I would be recommending this approach even if Juve had Chiellini and Barzagli available.

Squall

Nov 3, 2007
Losing both Chiellini and Barzagli sure is harsh, but on the bright side- it won't allow Conte to pull off his precious 3-5-2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)