[Serie A] Bologna 1-1 JUVENTUS (postponed to March 7th) (87 Viewers)

Man of the session

• Bonnuci's red card

• Borrigoals brace

• Conte's 1st subs min 79... 79 > 80

• Pepe's butterflies tattoos

• Padoin saving the day

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
i cant comprehend that Zlatan would win 9th title in a row... and we would basically hand it to him..

i rather have us suck ass the entire season than bend over and choke in the end

fuck, my spirits are so goddamn law right now, and i see no hope... is there a chance in hell than Cosmi's Lecce can perform a miracle at San Siro?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Not at all.

What separates us from Milan is drawing against average teams. If we at least won 50% of our 12 draws that would mean 18 points instead of 12 points. 6 points difference.

Milan would have won half of them even without Ibra. Milan fail against the big ones. We're doing the opposite.
I still think that against small teams Ibra is what seperates us. I don't think milan without ibra against small teams would be such a walk in the park. The defenders are just scared of him and he is so much better then people around that he really can win singlehandedly. We don't have such a player, that is fact, at least half of our draws would be wins if we had such player a real game changer.

Maybe Alen could provide some stats with Ibra and without against small teams?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
If i am not wrong lecce is missing one or two key players just like palermo so it is impossible for them to win

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
we have a certain someone who has 280+ goals for this club in the team...but screw that he's old.
Let's not compare those two in the current state. Beause there is nothing to compare. DP imho would certainly added some spark against the the small teams who park the bus, but at the moment he is very far from the guaranteed 3pts as Ibra is.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Maybe Alen could provide some stats with Ibra and without against small teams?
I don't have time, but I don't think there will be a big difference and stats won't show the true story. I know that Inter struggled a lot when he was injured. In Milan he didn't miss many matches to get a objective picture.

But stats aren't needed to see how big difference Zlatan makes against the small teams. He's definitely the biggest difference maker in serie A I've ever seen, even though there were other big players in this league, (much) superior to Zlatan in quality.

---------- Post added 05.03.2012 at 14:58 ----------

correct me if im wrong but we won ALL games that DP has started this season.
1:1 vs Bologna earlier this season. But he was replaced at half time due to Vucinic's red card and we were leading 1:0 at the time. He started only 3 matches in serie A, though

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Let's not compare those two in the current state. Beause there is nothing to compare. DP imho would certainly added some spark against the the small teams who park the bus, but at the moment he is very far from the guaranteed 3pts as Ibra is.
where am I comparing him to Ibra?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don't have time, but I don't think there will be a big difference and stats won't show the true story. I know that Inter struggled a lot when he was injured. In Milan he didn't miss many matches to get a objective picture.

But stats aren't needed to see how big difference Zlatan makes against the small teams. He's definitely the biggest difference maker in serie A I've ever seen, even though there were other big players in this league, (much) superior to Zlatan in quality.

---------- Post added 05.03.2012 at 14:58 ----------

1:1 vs Bologna earlier this season. But he was replaced at half time due to Vucinic's red card and we were leading 1:0 at the time. He started only 3 matches in serie A, though
Counting the Coppa.

My point is that it's not just about the performance, it's about the change in mentality that such leader brings.

People undermine the importance of having leaders on the field. we have none... maybe pirlo but that's not enough..

Some might say Conte himself was doing the leading, but I saw him being static the past few games...

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
3 games in 7 days are really tough.

I'd like to see this:

Buffon
Lichtsteiner - Bonucci - Caceres - De Ceglie
Marchisio - Pirlo - Vidal
Pepe - Matri - Del Piero​

Let Vucinic get a match on the bench, or play him in second half. Del Piero and Matri plays well together, we saw that last year.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's a miracle that we are in 2'nd place with the squad that we have, and our highly anemic attack. You guys should be happy with where we are now; no need to be too greedy. Our defense has been awesome, and our midfield trio are arguably the best starting unit in Serie A (when all are fit, available, and on the same page). Our attack is one of the weakest amongst the big guns, and yet we are still in 2'nd, and with a chance to be in joint first should we beat Bologna.

In any case, I still think Milan will win the league (precisely because they are able to do what we can't; consistently collect points against shitty opponents and score goals). We should be more concerned about Udinese, Lazio, and Napoli, who are slowly closing in on us. Roma and Inter are no threat at present, as both teams seem to be in complete disarray (in the case of Inter absolute free-fall).

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
3 games in 7 days are really tough.

I'd like to see this:

Buffon
Lichtsteiner - Bonucci - Caceres - De Ceglie
Marchisio - Pirlo - Vidal
Pepe - Matri - Del Piero​

Let Vucinic get a match on the bench, or play him in second half. Del Piero and Matri plays well together, we saw that last year.
Alex won't be effective in a 3 man attack... you may switch to 4-4-2 making SP7 the RW and Esti as LW instead of Marchisio.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
RAMI¹⁰;3550301 said:
Alex won't be effective in a 3 man attack... you may switch to 4-4-2 making SP7 the RW and Esti as LW instead of Marchisio.
We need to play 4-3-3. Pepe is back so 433 is a must now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)