[Serie A] Bologna 1-1 JUVENTUS (postponed to March 7th) (62 Viewers)

Man of the session

• Bonnuci's red card

• Borrigoals brace

• Conte's 1st subs min 79... 79 > 80

• Pepe's butterflies tattoos

• Padoin saving the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #462
    The funny thing is that people here thinks that substitutions automatically wins matches.
    Not a rule, but making the right substitution increases your chances of winning the game. Mourinho with Inter won god knows how many matches thanks to his subs. Mourinho, Lippi, Ferguson etc always reacted fast when struggling against average teams.

Sometimes you have to risk. Conte is pretty slow in that aspect and takes ages for him to react.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    Not a rule, but making the right substitution increases your chances of winning the game. Mourinho with Inter won god knows how many matches thanks to his subs. Mourinho, Lippi, Ferguson etc always reacted fast when struggling against average teams.

Sometimes you have to risk. Conte is pretty slow in that aspect and takes ages for him to react.
    I don't disagree with that at all. I think Conte defends his lead too often, but he is young and he will only get better.

You must also remember how Mourinho, Lippi and Ferguson's teams were/are much better than this Juve.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    How many times we were struggling against average teams in the 2nd half and Conte had no reaction?
    How many?

There are a couple of cases, like for example the one two days ago, when we had the lead but played bad and Conte failed to react accordingly, but when we aren't winning against weaker teams, we almost always push forward like mad, attacking changes are regularly made (definitely not in the last minutes as you claim) and we take risks at the back. If we played for draws or to keep the undefeated streak, we weren't gonna play like that. I can only think of the away match to Chievo and the home match vs Siena when both Conte and the players should have desired the win much more than they showed. But noone can convince me that Conte and the players were happy to stay undefeated when we hosted Siena.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #466
    True, but that doesn't make him conciously wanna loose scudetto.
    No coach doesn't want to win a trophy even if it was Spider-man trophy.

Conte wants to win a Scudetto to prove himself and become fan's favorite like any other coach but he's doing too many mistakes. The worst part is that some of you see nothing wrong with 13th draw or 14th.

A simple math to some,

13th draw is as good as 4wins and 9defeats.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #468
    You must also remember how Mourinho, Lippi and Ferguson's teams were/are much better than this Juve.
    But in Serie A right now we have the best squad IMO. At least with all the injuries that Milan had we were/are miles ahead of them. Our bench is probably the 2nd or 3rd best in Europe IMO.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007

Conte wants to win a Scudetto to prove himself and become fan's favorite like any other coach but he's doing too many mistakes. The worst part is that some of you see nothing wrong with 13th draw or 14th.

A simple math to some,

That's true Rab, but did we really not show a desire to win on almost all of the matches we drew? Whenever it happens that we're drawing a small team, or losing against a better team, the last 10,15,20, 30 minutes are always played in the opponent's box.

All our strikers this season, bar Matri, have a goal to shot ratio worse than 1:15. All of them, from Vucinic, to Quag, Borriello and Del Piero. When your strikers need at least 15 shots to score one goal, it's extremely hard to blame the coach for all these failures.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #471
    How many?

There are a couple of cases, like for example the one two days ago, when we had the lead but played bad and Conte failed to react accordingly, but when we aren't winning against weaker teams, we almost always push forward like mad, attacking changes are regularly made (definitely not in the last minutes as you claim) and we take risks at the back. If we played for draws or to keep the undefeated streak, we weren't gonna play like that. I can only think of the away match to Chievo and the home match vs Siena when both Conte and the players should have desired the win much more than they showed. But noone can convince me that Conte and the players were happy to stay undefeated when we hosted Siena.
    I've never seen Conte play with three strikers against average teams when we were struggling except for 2 or 3 times only. I remember most of his subs well (because I eagerly wait for Ale's chance) :D... Also the timing of his subs is another problem. He takes too much time to make his subs.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

A simple math to some,

With that I totally agree.

And I think most of us here would prefer wins to draws and a bit better reaction time from Conte to convert them to wins, but I think he will improve on this in the future, or at least I hope he will. And considering what we have got before him, I'm willing to wait few years to see what this team under him really materializes into, not expect everything from his first year here, because he really looks promising.

---------- Post added 05.03.2012 at 15:29 ----------

But in Serie A right now we have the best squad IMO. At least with all the injuries that Milan had we were/are miles ahead of them. Our bench is probably the 2nd or 3rd best in Europe IMO.
    That's crazy saying our bench is taht good. And what mainly speperates us and milan is Ibra. Which alone can win against small teams and that wins titles. Sadly this year we don't have such player.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #473
    That's true Rab, but did we really not show a desire to win on almost all of the matches we drew? Whenever it happens that we're drawing a small team, or losing against a better team, the last 10,15,20, 30 minutes are always played in the opponent's box.
    Exactly, it's when we need right substitutions like Del Piero for instance. It was a crime not play him in the last 30min of Siena, Parma or Chievo. Him with Quag or Elia would have used our opponents parked bus in their box pretty well. That's my main problem with Conte, his wrong and late subs. But that has nothing to do with him not wanting to win a game, it's just that he believes and sees things his way.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Del Piero, Quag, Vucinic and Borriello are probably trying to break a record:

Del Piero 0 goals/15 shots
    Quag 2 goals/29 shots
    Vucinic 3 goals/61 shots
    Borriello 0 goals/9 shots

TOTAL: 5 goals/114 shots or 23 shots needed from these strikers to score 1 single goal.

The fuckers usually miss the entire goal. Of these 114 shots only 39 were on target. That's 1/3. They shoot 3 times and only once they're on target. And when they're hitting the target, their shots are saved. They shoot 8 times on target and they score only once.

That's probably a world record.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #477
    That's crazy saying our bench is taht good. And what mainly speperates us and milan is Ibra. Which alone can win against small teams and that wins titles. Sadly this year we don't have such player.
    Not at all.

What separates us from Milan is drawing against average teams. If we at least won 50% of our 12 draws that would mean 18 points instead of 12 points. 6 points difference.

Milan would have won half of them even without Ibra. Milan fail against the big ones. We're doing the opposite.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    Del Piero, Quag, Vucinic and Borriello are probably trying to break a record:

Del Piero 0 goals/15 shots
    Quag 2 goals/29 shots
    Vucinic 3 goals/61 shots
    Borriello 0 goals/9 shots

TOTAL: 5 goals/114 shots or 23 shots needed from these strikers to score 1 single goal.

The fuckers usually miss the entire goal. Of these 114 shots only 39 were on target. That's 1/3. They shoot 3 times and only once they're on target. And when they're hitting the target, their shots are saved. They shoot 8 times on target and they score only once.

That's probably a world record.
    :sergio:

This is really depressing.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    Not at all.

What separates us from Milan is drawing against average teams. If we at least won 50% of our 12 draws that would mean 18 points instead of 12 points. 6 points difference.

Milan would have won half of them even without Ibra. Milan fail against the big ones. We're doing the opposite.
    = Zlatan.

Milan could go on and on about them playing better without Zlatan, but the truth is that they could manage for two or three games. After that they'd be royally fucked in the ass without him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)