[Serie A] Bologna 0-2 JUVENTUS (Dec. 6th 2013) (40 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not sure we'll lose, but a very flat performance and squeaking a goal either way or a 1-1 seems likely. Haven't we scored in a gazillion consecutive league games?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Said before, we'll appreciate the guy more when he leaves. There is a reason why basically everyone who knows him professionally speaks of him like a demigod.
That's because we've built a system around him, more or less. If he leaves and we adapt properly then no one will miss him. If we adapt properly, even now then we won't miss him.

If we keep the same 3-5-2 and just put someone like Padoin there or some shit of course we'll miss him.

Right now, if we had some wingers we could change to a 4-3-3 flawlessly and wouldn't miss a beat. Pirlo has 1 assist this year and 9 shots on net. Yes, he does a good job most of the time spreading play when teams sit back and give us the ball but we have players like Pogba and Vidal who have a combined 16 goals and 9 assists from midfield.

We should be ok if Conte can alter things just a bit.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
We can't rely on Pogba to fill in for Pirlo every match Pirlo is unavailable.

just play 4-3-3 when Pirlo is unavailable, starting against Bologna

-------Buffon----------
Licht--Barza--Ogbonna--Chiellini
---Vidal--Pogba--Marchisio
--Tevez--Llorente--Vucinic

I know some of you would think its foolish to play with 4 at the back vs bologna, but we are missing a key player and bologna haven't lost at home since october. We can't lose points now..

if we do want to switch to 3-5-2 during the match, all we have to do is sub a striker for Asamoah..

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
We can't rely on Pogba to fill in for Pirlo every match Pirlo is unavailable.

just play 4-3-3 when Pirlo is unavailable, starting against Bologna

-------Buffon----------
Licht--Barza--Ogbonna--Chiellini
---Vidal--Pogba--Marchisio
--Tevez--Llorente--Vucinic

I know some of you would think its foolish to play with 4 at the back vs bologna, but we are missing a key player and bologna haven't lost at home since october. We can't lose points now..

if we do want to switch to 3-5-2 during the match, all we have to do is sub a striker for Asamoah..
true

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
That's because we've built a system around him, more or less. If he leaves and we adapt properly then no one will miss him. If we adapt properly, even now then we won't miss him.

If we keep the same 3-5-2 and just put someone like Padoin there or some shit of course we'll miss him.

Right now, if we had some wingers we could change to a 4-3-3 flawlessly and wouldn't miss a beat. Pirlo has 1 assist this year and 9 shots on net. Yes, he does a good job most of the time spreading play when teams sit back and give us the ball but we have players like Pogba and Vidal who have a combined 16 goals and 9 assists from midfield.

We should be ok if Conte can alter things just a bit.
You don't take Pirlo out of the system and not miss him. You, of all people on this forum, should be aware of this ffs.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You don't take Pirlo out of the system and not miss him. You, of all people on this forum, should be aware of this ffs.
Ya that's what I said lol. You have to change the system. If you build a system around one player and then the player is out, you can't just swap someone in. You have to make other changes.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The system, as I intended it to be understood, doesnt mean 3-5-2 or anything else
With his imagination and skill even a 4-3-3 would miss several beats if we replaced him. You're selling the magnitude of things he bring very short and I dont understand why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)