[Serie A] Bari 3-1 JUVENTUS (December 12th, 2009) (16 Viewers)

Sep 2, 2004
Again, it's all about the mentality and the moral in the team, line-up looks pretty decent and should be able to win this game what so ever
True, we should always beat these small teams as our squad is much superior to theirs. The problem is that we have struggled with this formation so far. Hopefully, it starts working today. I'm just not too confident in this team anymore, you never know what to expect from this Juve.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Let's face it Delpiero is getting old. His technique abillities are still good but without speed it's not so useful.
I hope we can win the scudetto for him this year and he can retire after that.
:sergio:

90% of your posts complaining about Del Piero, leave the fucking man alone ffs. It's not like we are fielding 11 Del Piero on the field, we are fielding 11 different players, when we loose it's the team it's not only Del Piero.

Do some of you people add anything else except Del Piero, can't you discuss the team's formations, tactics? System of play? Don't you ever get bored for blaming him of every single thing?

He's slow, he can't do it, he should retire, I swallowed tomato, etc... It's the same fucking old radio station.

He will retire whenever he feels like retiring, he will hangup his boots whenever he wants. He's the Captain, he's the idol, he's our number 1 player, and who doesn't like this can follow Ian's path.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Actually, I agree with you. We should try to find a winning formula, play some formation more consistently and not keep experimenting before or during the matches (there's been many matches this season when we changed the formation 3 times during the match).
But I was talking strictly about this match against Bari.

You said "ENOUGH with this 4-2-3-1" formation and I found it strange because we didn't really use it too much.
But my main reason for choosing 4-2-3-1 for this match is the lack of movement we have. Without Sissoko things are becoming even worse regarding the mobility of our players, so that's why I'd add more mobility. That means Giovinco in this case. That means Marchisio and even the off form Diego, who at least runs his socks off.
Playing both Giovinco and Diego, and considering the fact that we're missing our main defensive power, means that we should play with 1 attacker. So call it a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1, but I believe that we need more running, faster play and better off the ball movement, which unfortunately, none of Del Piero or Amauri provide currently. Since width is also something we lack lately, I'd rather choose the 4-2-3-1 (where Camo played his best matches) than 4-3-2-1.

Still, as I said many times, I'll still trust Ciro and hope that he watched Bari and he knows what's the best formation for the match against them.
Well thats the thing bro, its not the same playing 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2. At least not at this stage for our team. It is so obvious that our team lack strategy and tactics. Do you know why we scored 10 goals in 2 games with 4-2-3-1? Its because the "3" were doing their individual thing rather than a team effort. It is good solution during though games when you need to win and there are 15 or so minutes to go, but it is definitely not a way of playing football.

The phrase going around is that our players whichever formation we play look like headless chicken running around clueless. Look at our squad: Buffon, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Grosso, Camoranesi, Melo, Diego, Del Piero, Trezeguet. All are definitely WORLDCLASS players. All are either first 11 in their respective national team or should be. And we are talking about italy, brazil and france. Three of the top national teams in the world. We have Marchisio, giovinco, Sissoko and Legrotagllie who are all very good players as well.

Take Melo for an example. He is excelling whenever he plays for Brazil, but he is yet to do that with us. Why? because with brazil he knows exactly where to stand and what to do. Same goes to Camoranesi.

We lack organization thats all that is to it. 4-2-3-1 is NOT an option for us because it is not a formation we can play with more than 90% of the season. The only two formations we can are 4-3-1-2 and 4-4-2 with a diamond shape midfield. We can play a flat 4-4-2 more than a 4-2-3-1.

The reason I say we can play either 4-3-1-2 and a diamond 4-4-2 is because they are both the same. The only difference is that in the diamond 4-4-2 the two players on the sides of the midfields are given more room to go up and down the field with more restrictions and defensive role to the central player.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
:sergio:

90% of your posts complaining about Del Piero, leave the fucking man alone ffs. It's not like we are fielding 11 Del Piero on the field, we are fielding 11 different players, when we loose it's the team it's not only Del Piero.

Do some of you people add anything else except Del Piero, can't you discuss the team's formations, tactics? System of play? Don't you ever get bored for blaming him of every single thing?

He's slow, he can't do it, he should retire, I swallowed tomato, etc... It's the same fucking old radio station.

He will retire whenever he feels like retiring, he will hangup his boots whenever he wants. He's the Captain, he's the idol, he's our number 1 player, and who doesn't like this can follow Ian's path.
Unfortunately Rab, they will know his value when he retires.

Just like what happened with Nedved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)