[Serie A] Bari 3-1 JUVENTUS (December 12th, 2009) (12 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Forza Del Piero.

Just to remind some people that so long they keep blaming him and are on his back, we are supporting him in good and bad.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Shoving 4-2-3-1 every other game is killing the team, because it is just a fact. We cannot play with this as our main formation. Until we fix our main formation we should not do these stunts.
I'd rather continue to win 1-0 and 2-1 rather than winning 5-0 and loosing when it counts.
All the big teams STICK with one formation through 90% of the season or more. We're not even half way through the season and we have played with: 4-3-1-2, flat 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1 and 4-2-2-2
Come on.. This is not healthy.
Actually, I agree with you. We should try to find a winning formula, play some formation more consistently and not keep experimenting before or during the matches (there's been many matches this season when we changed the formation 3 times during the match).
But I was talking strictly about this match against Bari.

You said "ENOUGH with this 4-2-3-1" formation and I found it strange because we didn't really use it too much.
But my main reason for choosing 4-2-3-1 for this match is the lack of movement we have. Without Sissoko things are becoming even worse regarding the mobility of our players, so that's why I'd add more mobility. That means Giovinco in this case. That means Marchisio and even the off form Diego, who at least runs his socks off.
Playing both Giovinco and Diego, and considering the fact that we're missing our main defensive power, means that we should play with 1 attacker. So call it a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1, but I believe that we need more running, faster play and better off the ball movement, which unfortunately, none of Del Piero or Amauri provide currently. Since width is also something we lack lately, I'd rather choose the 4-2-3-1 (where Camo played his best matches) than 4-3-2-1.

Still, as I said many times, I'll still trust Ciro and hope that he watched Bari and he knows what's the best formation for the match against them.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Let's face it Delpiero is getting old. His technique abillities are still good but without speed it's not so useful.
I hope we can win the scudetto for him this year and he can retire after that.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
there is no need for buffon to play IMO, why risk further damage

i have full faith in manninger, lucky to have him really.

as for formation im not fussed, it is the mentality and hunger in which players and coach step on the pitch that is more important, matched with a distinct gameplan.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
Poulsen takes to long to move the ball and it slows the whole team down
Because he actually thinks before he makes a pass, not like Melo for example who can't keep is head up and gives it away.
I like Poulsens type of play. He is very inconspicuous but helps the team.
He's not Sissoko who tackles everyone and everything but he often wins the ball in a very unspectacular way with just standing in the right spot.
And he looks to the front to find someone who can get his ball and not to Buffon.
I so hate to see our midfield passing back to Buffon, but Poulsen waits a second and looks for someone who moves in the right way to make a pass.
He keeps our players moving because he doesn't make this static passes directly to a player. And that's what we don't do, moving without the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)