[Serie A] Bari 3-1 JUVENTUS (December 12th, 2009) (8 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That's called reality, hardly a nightmare :p

@ Ahmed: I am not a pessimist; I have just had the fortune (or misfortune), whichever way you want to look at it judging by our performances this season, of watching almost all of Juve's games this season. I am just being conservative and realistic as regards expectations. Honestly, every game we go into is a lottery, because we lack identity, have no clear game plan, and sorely lack pace. This was cruelly exposed by both Bayern and Bordeaux in Europe. The fact that we manage to scrape by in Serie A owes much to the flawas and faults of our opponents than to our own merits. Serie A has declined drastically over the past few years that finishing in the top 3-4 positions should hardly pose a challenge for Juve anymore.

I believe that the only players performing consistently, the ones showing grit and determination, and the only ones worthy of donning a Juve shirt at present are Buffon, Chiellini, and Marchisio. All the other players have been dismal and disappointing, showing no heart and conviction whatsoever in their performances and displays.

I say we revert to the 4-2-3-1 for the game against Bari. Giovinco and Camo have to play and support Diego. We have to give a chance for this formation to work, because it is the only one which allows us to fully utilize the pacey players at our disposal.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
As for Bari, I hear they are missing a hell of a lot of players due to injury and suspension (the hyped up Rannochia). Also, Almiron plays for Bari. There really is no excuse not winning this game.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I would persist with 4-3-1-2, or a slight variation thereof.

It takes time to adjust to a new system and I wouldn't give up on it just yet, especially when we've barely seen it with all our best players available.
:tup:

I would try it with Giovinco in DP`s place, it would not be that far from the 4-2-3-1 (since Gio plays very much on the left and with Camo attacking from the right as he always does no matter where he plays) that everybody here seems to love. But now that I started thinking (not one of my strenghts) it could possibly look more like 4-3-2-1, but there`s nothing wrong with that.

I also wouldn`t mind to see Tiago play against Bari, he can`t really make our game look much worse than it already is...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I hate you perpetual pessimists though.
hey Rip Van Winkle, how has your 4 month nap been ?? :p

That's called reality, hardly a nightmare :p

@ Ahmed: I am not a pessimist; I have just had the fortune (or misfortune), whichever way you want to look at it judging by our performances this season, of watching almost all of Juve's games this season. I am just being conservative and realistic as regards expectations. Honestly, every game we go into is a lottery, because we lack identity, have no clear game plan, and sorely lack pace. This was cruelly exposed by both Bayern and Bordeaux in Europe. The fact that we manage to scrape by in Serie A owes much to the flawas and faults of our opponents than to our own merits. Serie A has declined drastically over the past few years that finishing in the top 3-4 positions should hardly pose a challenge for Juve anymore.

I believe that the only players performing consistently, the ones showing grit and determination, and the only ones worthy of donning a Juve shirt at present are Buffon, Chiellini, and Marchisio. All the other players have been dismal and disappointing, showing no heart and conviction whatsoever in their performances and displays.

I say we revert to the 4-2-3-1 for the game against Bari. Giovinco and Camo have to play and support Diego. We have to give a chance for this formation to work, because it is the only one which allows us to fully utilize the pacey players at our disposal.
I couldnt have said it better myself

its plain and simple, we lack a gameplan and an identity

As for Bari, I hear they are missing a hell of a lot of players due to injury and suspension (the hyped up Rannochia). Also, Almiron plays for Bari. There really is no excuse not winning this game.
sure there is... WE SUCK !!!! :frown:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Welcome back Vin. Always good to have you for support on all matters related to Juve. It's alarming how we almost agree on everything pertaining to Juve, and I am a Mooslim :p

Where are you Buck Futter? Still hiding? :p

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Why enough?
You make it sound as if we played with such formation a lot.

Only on 4 and a half matches we played with 1 striker and we scored 13 goals on these matches, which is an average of 3 goals per match.
On the other 10.5 matches, when we played with 2 strikers, we scored 15 goals which is less than 1.5 goals per match.

I know that many times we should choose our formation depending on the opponent, but in times when Del Piero and Amauri are in very bad form and when Diego obviously needs more Juve players close to him, I'd rather we play with Giovinco instead of playing with 2 strikers.
You can play Giovinco and Trezeguet up front supported by Diego. But we need two players up front not one.

Its basically the same players but organized in a different way. Its what this team was built to do.
We were never built in the transfer market to play 4-2-3-1. We have to stick with one formation so the player can learn their roles. Changing from one formation to another just destabilize the team and players especially during rough times.

If you want 4-2-3-1 to work you need all 3 Diego, Camo and Giovinco ready to play in every single. And we all know that is not possible. While 4-3-1-2 or a diamond 4-4-2 is what this team is built to do. We just need either Gio or DP to be fit to play the assistant striker and either Diego or Camo to play the OM. heck even DP or Gio can play the OM if needed. But DP cannot cover on the left midfield and the Right wing where camo players is exposed if he doesn't play there.
Shoving 4-2-3-1 every other game is killing the team, because it is just a fact. We cannot play with this as our main formation. Until we fix our main formation we should not do these stunts.
I'd rather continue to win 1-0 and 2-1 rather than winning 5-0 and loosing when it counts.
All the big teams STICK with one formation through 90% of the season or more. We're not even half way through the season and we have played with: 4-3-1-2, flat 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1 and 4-2-2-2
Come on.. This is not healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)