[Serie A] Bari 3-1 JUVENTUS (December 12th, 2009) (9 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Which left winger would you have bought?

Straight 4-4-2 is rubbish unless you were thinking of buying Ronaldo.
Winger is possibly the wrong word.

I would have gone for someone who could have played on the left of a 4-4-2, albeit with freedom to drift inside.

Not sure who I would have chosen. Maybe someone like David Silva.

And we both know we won't agree on the whole 4-4-2 thing. :p

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Winger is possibly the wrong word.

I would have gone for someone who could have played on the left of a 4-4-2, albeit with freedom to drift inside.

Not sure who I would have chosen. Maybe someone like David Silva.

And we both know we won't agree on the whole 4-4-2 thing. :p
Silva is more suited to a Diego type role as seen with Valencia this season. He has proved much more effective in the centre. While Pablo and Mata occupy the flanks.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Silva is more suited to a Diego type role as seen with Valencia this season. He has proved much more effective in the centre. While Pablo and Mata occupy the flanks.
Like I say, I wouldn't want him to play as a winger.

I just like my creative players to start wide and then drift inside because it is harder for the opposition to mark them that way.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Like I say, I wouldn't want him to play as a winger.

I just like my creative players to start wide and then drift inside because it is harder for the opposition to mark them that way.
I agree, but can Giovinco not do that? I think we saw at times last season and for the U21's that he is capable of coming off the line.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I agree, but can Giovinco not do that? I think we saw at times last season and for the U21's that he is capable of coming off the line.
Yeah, I'd happily see him played there.

The only thing is that I would want to play two DMs in central midfield to keep the balance of the team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We certainly have a few of them. What formation would you employ with the current crop of players then?
I would persist with 4-3-1-2, or a slight variation thereof.

It takes time to adjust to a new system and I wouldn't give up on it just yet, especially when we've barely seen it with all our best players available.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I would persist with 4-3-1-2, or a slight variation thereof.

It takes time to adjust to a new system and I wouldn't give up on it just yet, especially when we've barely seen it with all our best players available.
Then again if we want a creative force to support Diego more because Camo is being forced to deep therefore is offering little going forward. How would you incorporate Giovinco into that lineup.

Actually we could play something like

Trez

Gio/Del Piero

Diego

Marchisio-Melo-Sissoko

Grosso-Canna- Chiellini- Cacares

Buffon

Sort of like a 4-3-1-1-1

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As long as the creative players are given enough freedom to express themselves, I'm not that bothered precisely how they are lined up on the pitch.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's Ferrara's tactics.

Much like Ranieri's 4-4-2 was stale and predictable because he didn't give Nedved and Camoranesi as much freedom as he could have.

In my view, if you have a back four and two DMs, the other four players should basically be free to do as they please, within certain limits.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
You realize you are reading it, and not seeing it? ;)

May I remind you who our coach is?
Correct, just with Capitano posting I thought he was going to give us some hope.

As for the coach I'd rather not think about him for the moment and just get the 3 points.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I would like to see Tiago as our deep lying midfielder, playing in Melo's role, he is clam under pressure and can pass the ball half decent
I'd like to see that formation with Poulsen instead though, just to offer that extra security infront of the defence while Chiellini is out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)