[SERIE A] Atalanta vs JUVENTUS (12/21/08) (4 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Mellberg

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
yes but i do agree that we have got a fair amount of depth. i mean look were playing well with multiple injuries. but i also agree that we need a lot more quality. we are lucky that we have a strong core.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Only one of our transfers meant anything from the past two years.
Who would that be?
Sissoko?
Amauri?

All our transfers, apart from Andrade, Almiron and Knezevic, were good transfers. They are all very useful players and they helped us a lot at certain time in these 2 seasons.

You guys must understand that we can't have bench players of the same quality as Inter. We can't have two superstars fighting for one place and that's because of the finances.
Inter are paying around 30-40m eur more per year on wages than we do. We can't do that. We don't have enough money to do that.

With the money we have for wages we can either have many good players (which means enough depth in the team) or a limited number of very good/great players (which means no squad depth).
We don't have the finances to have both squad depth and top quality. That's why we have to do the homework well, to do the scouting well. Instead of paying 4m eur per year to Zambrotta (8m including taxes) we pay 1m per year for De Ceglie (2m including taxes). Instead of paying 5m for Flamini's wages (10m with taxes) we pay 2.5m (5m) for Sissoko's wages.

We're forced to do that. And so far we're doing fine concidering our situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)