[SERIE A] Atalanta vs JUVENTUS (12/21/08) (28 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Mellberg

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Who would that be?
Sissoko?
Amauri?

All our transfers, apart from Andrade, Almiron and Knezevic, were good transfers. They are all very useful players and they helped us a lot at certain time in these 2 seasons.

You guys must understand that we can't have bench players of the same quality as Inter. We can't have two superstars fighting for one place and that's because of the finances.
Inter are paying around 30-40m eur more per year on wages than we do. We can't do that. We don't have enough money to do that.

With the money we have for wages we can either have many good players (which means enough depth in the team) or a limited number of very good/great players (which means no squad depth).
We don't have the finances to have both squad depth and top quality. That's why we have to do the homework well, to do the scouting well. Instead of paying 4m eur per year to Zambrotta (8m including taxes) we pay 1m per year for De Ceglie (2m including taxes). Instead of paying 5m for Flamini's wages (10m with taxes) we pay 2.5m (5m) for Sissoko's wages.

We're forced to do that. And so far we're doing fine concidering our situation.
I am sorry to tell you, Alen but all this will mean nothing. He will never ever be satisfied nor convinced no matter what you say. He wants ranieri dead along with Molinaro and the rest of the board. He wants dribblers and he wants dancers, he wants us to play posession football with short fast passes. That's the only way he'll be satisfied, once we play like Barcelona.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Jokes aside, we should do better.
Are you retarded? Did you forget where we were two seasons ago? To come up from Serie B and and in two seasons be second place in Serie A and top of our champions league group after twice beating Real Madrid? I don't care what team you are but that is pretty damn impressive, our team deserves compliments not insults.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I for one like what the board is doing. We are quickly tying up our youngsters with contracts and showing our faith in them. They are the future of juventus. Like alen/jck said, we simply can't afford these outrageous wages that others pay. At juve you have to earn a raise, its not enough to have a legacy at another team (althought it may help).

We have an excellent youth policy and you all can see that. What's the point in suffocating our future by importing talent. I can see the board signing one maybe 2 great players as our aging team permits. It would make sense for one great signing to rejuvenate our team in a particular area, but not a complete remodeling.

I like seeing juve trust more in youngsters and develope them. It saves us so much more money in the long run to develope in house youngsters into great talents and not only that but it would allow us to have the income neccesary to make the one great purchase to take us to the next level. Developing youth in our primavera and bringing them up thru the ranks will build better team chemistry I think. More of a family unit rather than a team full of egotistical merchaneries like inter/milan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I will join you in this positive attitude of how things has been...the day Secco is kicked the fuck out. Until then, ANYTHING can go wrong, ANYTHING.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What exactly has secco done wrong? We missed flamini? Schweinsteiger? This is getting old, we are winning and doing a pretty fucking good job at it aren't we? The players we have at our disposal are doing their jobs and the results are there right? Not to mention, he was a big part of helping keep our stars when we were sent to serie B abyss. Sure everyone could be better but sissoko and amauri have been great buys for us, I hope you agree on that at least.

Trust the board, trust the scouts, and trust the coach even though at times it may seem questionable. I like where my team is sitting, how their playing, and the overall team attitude is fantastic. A couple bad signings mixed with a few great signings...shit happens, even with the best clubs in the world.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
You guys must understand that we can't have bench players of the same quality as Inter. We can't have two superstars fighting for one place and that's because of the finances.
Inter are paying around 30-40m eur more per year on wages than we do. We can't do that. We don't have enough money to do that.
I'm sorry Alen, but you're underrating our bench players alot here. I think our bench is superior to Inter one putting feelings aside.

Juventus: Manninger, Mellberg, Andrade, Knezevic, Zebina, De Ceglie, Poulsen, Marchisio, Salihamidzic, Marchionni, Iaquinta, Amauri/Trezeguet, Giovinco.

I don't think Inter's 2nd Gk Toldo can do half what Manninger did in Gigi's absence.

As for their defenders: Materazzi, Burdisso, Rivas, Chivu.
(With Mellberg, Zebina and had not Andrade been injured, we are definitely ahead)

Midfielders: Figo, Jimenez, Dacourt, Mancini, Quaresma.
(Marchisio, Poulsen/Zanetti, Salihamidzic, Marchionni) Figo is just a name, Quaresma and Mancini have not impressed, I wouldn't take them for free. Even Marchionni has done better than both Mancini and Quaresma.

Attackers: Cruz, Obinna, Crespo, Adriano?sometimes?
(One of Trezeguet/Amauri, Iaquinta, Giovinco)

I think we're much superior than them my friend.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm sorry Alen, but you're underrating our bench players alot here. I think our bench is superior to Inter one putting feelings aside.

Juventus: Manninger, Mellberg, Andrade, Knezevic, Zebina, De Ceglie, Poulsen, Marchisio, Salihamidzic, Marchionni, Iaquinta, Amauri/Trezeguet, Giovinco.

I don't think Inter's 2nd Gk Toldo can do half what Manninger did in Gigi's absence.

(With Mellberg, Zebina and had not Andrade been injured, we are definitely ahead)

(Marchisio, Poulsen/Zanetti, Salihamidzic, Marchionni) Figo is just a name, Quaresma and Mancini have not impressed, I wouldn't take them for free. Even Marchionni has done better than both Mancini and Quaresma.

Good analysis...mostly agree except for chivu is better than everyone except chiellini.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Actually, i think you're proving my main point, which was that without paying 30-40m eur more on wages, we can still have a very strong bench and that someone in Juve is doing things right.

Inter do have superstars on the bench. Superstars that are getting payed +4m eur a year while we have guys like Marchisio, Mellberg etc who are proving to be more useful than Quaresma, Mancini or Figo.
I was saying that we can't have expensive players on the bench like Inter can, which doesn't mean that those expensive players give more than guys like Mellberg or Marchisio.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

TBH i have to agree.

Mar 30, 2006
Are you retarded? Did you forget where we were two seasons ago? To come up from Serie B and and in two seasons be second place in Serie A and top of our champions league group after twice beating Real Madrid? I don't care what team you are but that is pretty damn impressive, our team deserves compliments not insults.
yeah man. Look how long it took Atletico to get into the CL and become a top 4 team after they went to shit in the late 90's. What took them a decade took us 2 years

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
yeah man. Look how long it took Atletico to get into the CL and become a top 4 team after they went to shit in the late 90's. What took them a decade took us 2 years
Part of the backbone of the team that stays with Juve through Serie B is the main reason for the quick recovery imo ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)