[Serie A] Atalanta 2-2 JUVENTUS [October 1st 2017] (6 Viewers)

fuck serie a

• Mandzukic

• Higuain

• VAR

• Spinazzola

Results are only viewable after voting.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Refs are clearly unsure about how to use the VAR properly, no one is apparently. I've heard they do it successfully in Germany so it's about time to get some tips from them.

Couldn't enjoy the game tonight as it was more about show of ref than actual football. How the hell did he even see handball while watching replay? Is there any rule that we do not know of or what?

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011
Upper arm, lower shoulder... the main thing is he moved his arm to the ball which was a stupid thing to do. I think it's 50-50 and maybe the ref saw what we didn't see. I'm waiting for the replay.

Without this incident the refereeing was poor anyway, probably our worst of this season yet.
the ref confirmed it by watching the replay. I think he was trying to cancel it if there is any doubt.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's just one of those games. Usually we have 1 or 2 a year where we deserve a win and don't get it. Usually Napoli and Roma will have 4 or 5 like this and that's the difference.

I still thought we played well. It comes down to Dybala's penalty for 3 points and he misses. We still could have easily had 4 goals away to Atalanta which is not easy.
The biggest problem right now is balance and refinement, we don't have it yet because it's so early in the season and players are gelling, players are missing here and there. Honestly I don't give a shit about performances all that much early on, has no one been watching Juve for years under Allegri? We've been better this year than other seasons partly because of the fixture list.

Atalanta away is one of the hardest fixtures in the league now, it's simple. Their team knows each other inside and out, they've changed a couple of personnel but it's essentially Cristante (already there) for Kessie and Hateboer for Conti and nothing changes. The way they play is very difficult to impose your game, we're playing them in week 7 when ideally it would be in week 20 or something but we can hardly fucking moan because it's not been the toughest start to the season we've ever had. But you know what I mean, we play that game in week 20 and we win that game 3-1 or something. Loads to come from this team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Gasperini: We were the ones penalized. Lichtsteiner should of been sent off. :baus:
Yeah, hard luck story. Lichtsteiner rightly or wrongly always sticks his arm out like that, it's not a violent action. The fact Verne Troyer is #10 for Atalanta is why it ends up looking like any kind of incident.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The biggest problem right now is balance and refinement, we don't have it yet because it's so early in the season and players are gelling, players are missing here and there. Honestly I don't give a shit about performances all that much early on, has no one been watching Juve for years under Allegri? We've been better this year than other seasons partly because of the fixture list.

Atalanta away is one of the hardest fixtures in the league now, it's simple. Their team knows each other inside and out, they've changed a couple of personnel but it's essentially Cristante (already there) for Kessie and Hateboer for Conti and nothing changes. The way they play is very difficult to impose your game, we're playing them in week 7 when ideally it would be in week 20 or something but we can hardly fucking moan because it's not been the toughest start to the season we've ever had. But you know what I mean, we play that game in week 20 and we win that game 3-1 or something. Loads to come from this team.
I think it will take a while to find the balance. It's clear that Allegri is really pushing the team to play a different style and a different pace. We want to smash opponents. 2-0 and we are still a bit open at the back.

Either we are going to refine this system beautifully and become a better team than any of the least 3 years or Allegri will have to dial it back a bit and compromise our attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)