[Serie A] Atalanta 1-3 JUVENTUS [November 23rd, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Then you havent been paying attention for the last year.
I did. Allegri's team was boring, but at least we had some defensive solidity. We had less shots on target than arguably the worst Milan of this century.
I'm not really into making predictions, but surely this winning by only one goal snooze fest is not sustainable.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I must have missed something, have we been defensively poor this season?
Since you love stats, our XGa last season until November 12th was 9.24. This season it is 10.72. How many clean sheets have we had this season? How many in the CL?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Since you love stats, our XGa last season until November 12th was 9.24. This season it is 10.72. How many clean sheets have we had this season? How many in the CL?
A lot of that has to do with Chiellini's injury, and De Ligt keeps giving penalties away with handballs (one penalty is about 0.8 xGa). We always struggled without Chiellini under Allegri too.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
A lot of that has to do with Chiellini's injury, and De Ligt keeps giving penalties away with handballs (one penalty is about 0.8 xGa). We always struggled without Chiellini under Allegri too.
Thanks for the excuses. I was pretty sure you would say that. But you perhaps forgot what a train wreck Bonucci was last season.
But anyway you got the answer to your qestion.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Thanks for the excuses. I was pretty sure you would say that. But you perhaps forgot what a train wreck Bonucci was last season.
But anyway you got the answer to your qestion.
Our expected goals scored is also higher than it was last season, we are just less clinical (especially Ronaldo).

I guess we are better going forward than last season after all?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah. Every season under Allegri we outperformed our xGoals. Says more about how garbage a stat it is than anything else.

Good excuses though, for why we’re on pace for 63 goals in the league this year. Which would be far and away the worst since Del Neri.

And if we’re blaming finishing, I guess the coach better get his players working harder on that in practice.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I did. Allegri's team was boring, but at least we had some defensive solidity. We had less shots on target than arguably the worst Milan of this century.
I'm not really into making predictions, but surely this winning by only one goal snooze fest is not sustainable.
You mean that defensive solidity that we had when Ajax was playing with us at Juventus stadium last year. Or the defensive solidity we had when we went 9 games with one win in end of the season.
Yeah we havent seen an inferior opponent play better than us at all before.
Top of Seria A and through to the knock outs with two rounds to spare.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
You mean that defensive solidity that we had when Ajax was playing with us at Juventus stadium last year. Or the defensive solidity we had when we went 9 games with one win in end of the season.
Yeah we havent seen an inferior opponent play better than us at all before.
Top of Seria A and through to the knock outs with two rounds to spare.
Yes because cherry picking results from last season is the best way to drive your point. I can't really respond to that because I have not seen this team play in the knockouts against likes of Ajax.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Yes because cherry picking results from last season is the best way to drive your point. I can't really respond to that because I have not seen this team play in the knockouts against likes of Ajax.
We’ve seen this team play against the likes of Atletico Madrid and looked a lot better than they did last season at Wanda Metropolitano. We’ve seen this team outplay and beat Inter at San Siro with Conte as manager, while last season we could only manage a draw against Spalletti‘s Inter.

We are also the only unbeaten team in Europe’s top 5 leagues. Every other team has lost at least one game, including Liverpool (against Napoli).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)