[Serie A] Atalanta 1-3 JUVENTUS [November 23rd, 2019] (20 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We’ve seen this team play against the likes of Atletico Madrid and looked a lot better than they did last season at Wanda Metropolitano. We’ve seen this team outplay and beat Inter at San Siro with Conte as manager, while last season we could only manage a draw against Spalletti‘s Inter.

We are also the only unbeaten team in Europe’s top 5 leagues. Every other team has lost at least one game, including Liverpool (against Napoli).
Lol. Please tell me when we start smashing the minnows, when we start scoring an insane amount of goals, stop depending on the individual brilliance of Dybala, Ronaldo, Costa for last second winning goals, and when we stop holding on for dear life in the last 20-30 minutes of any game we manage to build a lead early in?

You guaranteed all of this under Sarri. We haven’t seen a drop of it yet. The results are great. Winning is all that matters, or so I believe. But that’s not your deal, m’dear. You claim that entertaining/aesthetic attacking football is just as important as winning. So please let me know when we are going to start seeing this?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
We’ve seen this team play against the likes of Atletico Madrid and looked a lot better than they did last season at Wanda Metropolitano. We’ve seen this team outplay and beat Inter at San Siro with Conte as manager, while last season we could only manage a draw against Spalletti‘s Inter.

We are also the only unbeaten team in Europe’s top 5 leagues. Every other team has lost at least one game, including Liverpool (against Napoli).
1- we did not play against “likes” of Atleti. We played against only Atleti as a European powerhouse so far.
2- we did not play 4312 against Atleti. I do not hate Sarri and I’m not an Allegri worshipper either. This whole conversation started when I said 4-3-1-2 with Bernardeschi is the ugliest thing since Del Neri and I stand by it.
3- Inter match was an exception and I was pleasantly surprised. This 4-3-1-2 was figured out pretty quickly afterwards though, as both matches against Loko showed.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
1- we did not play against “likes” of Atleti. We played against only Atleti as a European powerhouse so far.
2- we did not play 4312 against Atleti. I do not hate Sarri and I’m not an Allegri worshipper either. This whole conversation started when I said 4-3-1-2 with Bernardeschi is the ugliest thing since Del Neri and I stand by it.
3- Inter match was an exception and I was pleasantly surprised. This 4-3-1-2 was figured out pretty quickly afterwards though, as both matches against Loko showed.
I don't think the formation is the problem. Imo it's more down to personnel in midfield and Bernardeschi. Our 4-3-3 games were not much better, I'm not really sure but I have the feeling it might also be done to Sarri's tactics, we just seem sterile in possession with it. It was the same thing with Chelsea and they had a 4-3-3 if I recall. I hope I'm wrong and we get our shit together. Maybe we didn't incorporate everything that has to do with his tactics in our game nor did Chelsea.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I don't think the formation is the problem. Imo it's more down to personnel in midfield and Bernardeschi. Our 4-3-3 games were not much better, I'm not really sure but I have the feeling it might also be done to Sarri's tactics, we just seem sterile in possession with it. It was the same thing with Chelsea and they had a 4-3-3 if I recall. I hope I'm wrong and we get our shit together. Maybe we didn't incorporate everything that has to do with his tactics in our game nor did Chelsea.
Oh i have no doubt personnel is also a part of it. But this narrow formation is so easy to defend against. I can’t understand why a formation that’s supposed to benefit Dybala is used even when he’s not on the pitch.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
2- we did not play 4312 against Atleti. I do not hate Sarri and I’m not an Allegri worshipper either. This whole conversation started when I said 4-3-1-2 with Bernardeschi is the ugliest thing since Del Neri and I stand by it
Perhaps if Costa could stay fit we might see a different formation with more width. As it stands, we are a team with basically no wingers.

Cuadrado has been moved to RB out of necessity because Cancelo was sold and Danilo is mediocre.
Costa is always injured
Bernardeschi has recently become too fat and slow to play as winger.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Yes because cherry picking results from last season is the best way to drive your point. I can't really respond to that because I have not seen this team play in the knockouts against likes of Ajax.
It’s not cherry-picking anything. It’s half a season were we played like utter crap, in almost every game. Towards the end of the season we didn’t even scrap W’s together anymore we went 10 games with two wins.

Even before that there have been plenty of examples of us grinding results in the last 8 years. I would go as far as saying it’s been the majority of the time, and it is nothing new. As an exception stands Conte’s first season here until switching to the infamous 3-5-2, majority of Allegri’s first season here, and the second part of 2 and 3 season.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It’s not cherry-picking anything. It’s half a season were we played like utter crap, in almost every game. Towards the end of the season we didn’t even scrap W’s together anymore we went 10 games with two wins.

Even before that there have been plenty of examples of us grinding results in the last 8 years. I would go as far as saying it’s been the majority of the time, and it is nothing new. As an exception stands Conte’s first season here until switching to the infamous 3-5-2, majority of Allegri’s first season here, and the second part of 2 and 3 season.
Cherry picking was done for the defensive solidity argument. And at the end of last season when we already had won the scudetto and out of CL it was understandable that nobody cared.
I have no problem with grinding results, but we're grinding results in every single game now. Even when opponents gift us goals (like against Lokomotive) we still cannot take advantage.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The point Sarri has won us the league and there is nothing left to play for, he can start losing games for all i care.

We play like utter crap now as well btw, when the whole point of getting Sarri was not to.

Last edited:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Atalanta scares me. Even though they failed to score in last two league outings, they're dangerous as fuck and I hope our defence will be able to cope with Papu and Zapata (should be healthy). We need Costa in XI, Berna should hit the bench asap.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2007
Our passing is improving but we are to slow moving the ball forward. As we get better we can also become riskier and not put to much pressure on our d. We are missing some key components to us playing quick around the box. Those being Costa,Ramsey, Rabiot, being in form to create some space. Berna needs to not be on the field but Sarri has no choice. I want to see Ronaldo and Costa together for a full game.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Atalanta scares me. Even though they failed to score in last two league outings, they're dangerous as fuck and I hope our defence will be able to cope with Papu and Zapata (should be healthy). We need Costa in XI, Berna should hit the bench asap.
I like the reaction of your avatar Berna to your post

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The point Sarri has won us the league and there is nothing left to play for, he can start losing games for all i care.

We play like utter crap now as well btw, when the whole point of getting Sarri was not to.
There wasn’t a single season under Max where we managed to go 12 matches into the league season with only a single 2 or more goal win. And that’s under a coach notorious on this forum for not having us play passable football for the first few months of the year.

We’re winning. And that’s fantastic. Makes me happy. But the beautiful attacking football fans defending our anemic, defensive football that we’ve been displaying on the pitch now that Sarri is here are rather amusing. I hope for their sakes he gets our attack sorted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)