Serie A: A.C. Milan 1-1 JUVENTUS[May 10th, 2009] (14 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Ranieri: "This is the Poulsen we wanted. His constant groin problems didn't help and it's not easy adapting to the Serie A. I need to win pts to finish 2nd, we should continue like this. The squad was determined, we're happy with our display. About Diego: I'm happy. The consent was from all parties."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
then you must buy yourself new glasses ... even when he fucked up in the attack and lost the ball you could see him 3 seconds latter harassing the player with the ball from the back at the middle line ... you just can not have to attacking players that do not track back on the wing positions ... camoranesi did not once track back when he lost the ball, if the counterpart on the other side would do the same, we would have completely let them own the midfield
Giovinco works as hard as anyone and tracks back every time. Get off Ranieri's dick, your crew is becoming more desperate for every day that passes.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Playoffs lasted until the WC 2006 if i'm not wrong. After that it's:.......1. h2h...... 2. goal difference.

We have better h2h than Fiorentina (1:1 and 1:0) and atm we also have better goal difference (+27 vs +15).

But i'm not 100% sure about this. I will have to check.
Before the 2005–06 season if two or more teams were tied in points for first place, for only one spot in a European tournament, or in the relegation zone, teams would play tie-breaking games after the season was over to determine which team would be champion, or be awarded a European tournament spot, or be saved or relegated. Since 2005–06, if two or more teams end the season with the same number of points, the ordering is determined by their head-to-head records. In case two or more teams have same total points and same head-to-head records, goal difference becomes the secondary deciding factor.

From Wiki.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good game, good performance.

We defended well and looked reasonably dangerous on the break.

My only complaint would be that Giovinco wasn't brought on for Giovinco when Milan went down to ten men.

Milan should have had a penalty and I though Favalli's red was harsh.

We were dead at the end. We couldn't push even if we wanted to.
Overall i'm satisfied, but we could have easily won the match. We could've easily lost it too because the ref fucked Milan big time when he didn't give a clear penalty on Pato.
:tup:

Buffon 6

Grygera 7
Chiellini 6.5
Legro 6
De Ceglie 6

Marchionni 5
Poulsen 7
Zanetti 6
Camo 6.5

Iaquinta 6.5
Amauri 5

Grygera was my Man of the Match. He did very well shutting down Kaka and Pato on various occasions.

Gentleman MY ASS
You were always a piece of shit Maldini and you'll always be a stinky piece of shit.
Something nice to remember him by. :rolleyes:

And people, you expected 3:0, 4:0, 5:0, 6:1 or any other humiliating result because we suck and Milan were going for a revenge.
Now you're disappointed with the draw.

Anyway, i understand your anger for Ranieri and i accept the critics there. But the players did very well, i think they deserve praises.

Ranieri chose a good starting XI, except for not playing Del Piero. It was disappointing, if not surprising, that he didn't take a wee risk late on.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Before the 2005–06 season if two or more teams were tied in points for first place, for only one spot in a European tournament, or in the relegation zone, teams would play tie-breaking games after the season was over to determine which team would be champion, or be awarded a European tournament spot, or be saved or relegated. Since 2005–06, if two or more teams end the season with the same number of points, the ordering is determined by their head-to-head records. In case two or more teams have same total points and same head-to-head records, goal difference becomes the secondary deciding factor.

From Wiki.
Perfect.
Just as i thought.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Playoffs lasted until the WC 2006 if i'm not wrong. After that it's:.......1. h2h...... 2. goal difference.

We have better h2h than Fiorentina (1:1 and 1:0) and atm we also have better goal difference (+27 vs +15).

But i'm not 100% sure about this. I will have to check.
IF 1st and 2nd are equal in points, play off, if relegation teams are equal in points (17th and 18th for example) play offs too
any other position that changes nothing in relegation and title, goal difference

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Ranieri: I'm very satisfied

Sunday 10 May, 2009

Claudio Ranieri said he “welcomes constructive criticism, because I know I've done my work well” and is very happy with this San Siro point.

Juventus are still without a victory in 50 days and notched up a fifth draw in their last six Serie A matches when holding Milan 1-1.

“We reactivated ourselves. Unfortunately the break for international duty had seen us lose our way, but tonight we saw the Juventus side that was concentrated, united and knew what had to be done,” insisted the Coach.

“The distances on the field were the important thing, as recently we were too stretched out.”

Clarence Seedorf opened the scoring thanks to a lucky ricochet, but Vincenzo Iaquinta equalised three minutes later.

“I was not afraid, but naturally it was very annoying, as we had created three or four clear-cut chances and they took the lead with a half-chance. I was confident, though, as when we play like this then sooner or later we score a goal.”

Iaquinta was a surprise starter with Amauri, as Alessandro Del Piero only came on for the final minutes and David Trezeguet remained on the bench.

“I never put my strikers in any kind of pecking order. In the two years he has been here, Iaquinta has always struggled with niggling injuries. He is someone who can batter down defences and create real opportunities.

“At this moment I have to look at the physical condition above all else. Vincenzo can give depth and Amauri holds the ball, while both are tall and hard-working.

“I have always tried to choose who is in the best form. The captain and Amauri had a great first half of the season, they dipped form a bit and Iaquinta improved once he recovered from his injuries. I also await Trezeguet, who is a key player.”

Ranieri has been blasted by fans and media over the past few weeks and many expect him to leave Juventus at the end of the season.

“It depends on who is criticising me. A Coach is accustomed to being criticised and has to accept it.

“I know that I have done my work well. There is some genuine criticism that can help you improve and that needs to be listened to. I welcome constructive criticism.

“All I can do is push to get as many points as possible and fight to finish second, which we proved tonight.

“Good luck only arrives if you earn it and we equalised because we were so determined to get points here tonight and I'm very happy with this performance.”

Ranieri also brushed away reports of a huge row with Mauro Camoranesi in the locker room during the half-time break of last week's 2-2 draw with Lecce.

“What I always tell the lads is we can only talk on the field. It can happen to exchange some words in the locker room, but that was borne from the tension of wanting to recover during a game we were deservedly losing. That is all.”

Channel4.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Ranieri: "This is the Poulsen we wanted. His constant groin problems didn't help and it's not easy adapting to the Serie A. I need to win pts to finish 2nd, we should continue like this. The squad was determined, we're happy with our display. About Diego: I'm happy. The consent was from all parties."
He atleast said something right.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Ranieri chose a good starting XI, except for not playing Del Piero. It was disappointing, if not surprising, that he didn't take a wee risk late on.
Starting XI was mediocre just because Marchionni was fielded. That's how much he adds to the team.

Dec 26, 2004

Sunday 10 May, 2009

Claudio Ranieri said he “welcomes constructive criticism, because I know I've done my work well” and is very happy with this San Siro point.

Juventus are still without a victory in 50 days and notched up a fifth draw in their last six Serie A matches when holding Milan 1-1.

“We reactivated ourselves. Unfortunately the break for international duty had seen us lose our way, but tonight we saw the Juventus side that was concentrated, united and knew what had to be done,” insisted the Coach.

“The distances on the field were the important thing, as recently we were too stretched out.”

Clarence Seedorf opened the scoring thanks to a lucky ricochet, but Vincenzo Iaquinta equalised three minutes later.

“I was not afraid, but naturally it was very annoying, as we had created three or four clear-cut chances and they took the lead with a half-chance. I was confident, though, as when we play like this then sooner or later we score a goal.”

Iaquinta was a surprise starter with Amauri, as Alessandro Del Piero only came on for the final minutes and David Trezeguet remained on the bench.

“I never put my strikers in any kind of pecking order. In the two years he has been here, Iaquinta has always struggled with niggling injuries. He is someone who can batter down defences and create real opportunities.

“At this moment I have to look at the physical condition above all else. Vincenzo can give depth and Amauri holds the ball, while both are tall and hard-working.

“I have always tried to choose who is in the best form. The captain and Amauri had a great first half of the season, they dipped form a bit and Iaquinta improved once he recovered from his injuries. I also await Trezeguet, who is a key player.”

Ranieri has been blasted by fans and media over the past few weeks and many expect him to leave Juventus at the end of the season.

“It depends on who is criticising me. A Coach is accustomed to being criticised and has to accept it.

“I know that I have done my work well. There is some genuine criticism that can help you improve and that needs to be listened to. I welcome constructive criticism.

“All I can do is push to get as many points as possible and fight to finish second, which we proved tonight.

“Good luck only arrives if you earn it and we equalised because we were so determined to get points here tonight and I'm very happy with this performance.”

Ranieri also brushed away reports of a huge row with Mauro Camoranesi in the locker room during the half-time break of last week's 2-2 draw with Lecce.

“What I always tell the lads is we can only talk on the field. It can happen to exchange some words in the locker room, but that was borne from the tension of wanting to recover during a game we were deservedly losing. That is all.”

Channel4.com
Sure he is satisfied as nothing anger him to show some balls.

And people wonder why he is labeled a FUCKING LOSER.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Ranieri is the perfect man to save a team from relegation or make a middle-table team qualify to UEFA cup or even CL

but i'm afraid he ruined the players mentality, and we need to buy ones like Diego who want trophies only

Enough Marchionnies and Knezvices

Apr 15, 2006

Sunday 10 May, 2009

Channel4.com
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Starting XI was mediocre just because Marchionni was fielded. That's how much he adds to the team.
As much as I would have liked to see Giovinco, I don't think it was practical on this occasion.

Marchionni was needed to help defend against Flamini as Giovinco would have virtually left De Ceglie alone against Beckham and Flamini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)