[Serie A, 4th round] Calciopoli Directors 2-1 JUVENTUS [18th September, 2016] (8 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
this was probably the most passive juve midfield ever.
What a difference a medel makes. We need a hardworking aggressive tackler like him. Not necessarily him, because we should aim higher but that has been the key difference which we will get exposed to time and time again.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
worst sale of the century.

fuck you and your greed, arturo. :(

- - - Updated - - -

What a difference a medel makes. We need a hardworking aggressive tackler like him. Not necessarily him, because we should aim higher but that has been the key difference which we will get exposed to time and time again.
yeah, we look a bit like real madrid after they let makelele go. the physical aspect of our midfield is completely gone, so allegri has to work on something different.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
They really deserved to win this.
I don't think anyone here has said otherwise?

Sometimes we are going to lose games whilst not playing well at all. It's a long season.

I kinda expected us to lose (or at best, draw) this one. All the ingredients were there for a loss. A fired up Inter at San Siro coming off a humiliating defeat mid-week, our weird starting lineup and formation, our frustrating performance against Sevilla weighing on the team...and we were simply due a loss against these guys in Serie A - first loss at San Siro against Inter since 2010.

Fwiw, I was much more shitty with our draw against Sevilla than I was with this loss. We simply can't afford to fuck up our home group games in the CL against inferior opponents. Evidently, there's still a mental block that is seemingly insurmountable for this team when competing in Europe.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't think anyone here has said otherwise?

Sometimes we are going to lose games whilst not playing well at all. It's a long season.

I kinda expected us to lose (or at best, draw) this one. All the ingredients were there for a loss. A fired up Inter at San Siro coming off a humiliating defeat mid-week, our weird starting lineup and formation, our frustrating performance against Sevilla weighing on the team...and we were simply due a loss against these guys in Serie A - first loss at San Siro against Inter since 2010.

Fwiw, I was much more $#@!ty with our draw against Sevilla than I was with this loss. We simply can't afford to $#@! up our home group games in the CL against inferior opponents. Evidently, there's still a mental block that is seemingly insurmountable for this team when competing in Europe.
Me too. The main difference here was the drive IMO. Inter was drooling to play the game, and it was just another game for us. They absolutely wanted it more and outworked Juve.

But also, Inter has a good team. It's just a matter of time until they mesh. They have a very weak spot on their fullbacks, but that aside, they've improved immensely with the new players signed the last 2 offseasons. They have a respectable team that could very well beat us in a game, under the right conditions, as it happened.

IMO one of Allegri's mistakes was playing Asamoah after his horrid match vs Sevilla. Lemina should have played.

But the decisive mistake from Allegri was poor game planning. We needed to give the ball to Inter and play on counters, with Higuain. Their pressure was too big for our defensive players to go ball playing from behind, and that's the reason Pjanic played as regista, compromising our defense and damaging his offense production.

A midfield with Lemina as a DM, Pjanic and Khedira as CMs and the team giving the ball away to Inter, only to hurt them in counters, would have been the best decision.

Actually, that should be the strategy in Europe. Press the shit out of the opposing team when they have the ball, and when they are pressing us near Buffon, just do not overtry to go ball playing. Send it away, press them, defend well (and for that a DM like Lemina who has physicality to cover is fundamental) and go hunt on counters.

But yes, it was a losable game. It's not like Allegri lost the game by himself. Different from the game vs Sevilla, where I put 100% of responsibility over him for that shitty draw.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Banega is a great great assist for this inter team. i hate that we didn't get this guy. the guy is underrated as fuuck.
Was thinking the same.

He really looks like a Marotta classical signing.

I have the feeling they didnt get him because of personality/temperament/ possible trouble at meshing with senators.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yeah I find it strange that we didn't try to sign him when he became available. Would be perfect right now for us in the regista position. Great move from those Inter fucks though.
Was thinking the same.

He really looks like a Marotta classical signing.

I have the feeling they didnt get him because of personality/temperament/ possible trouble at meshing with senators.
:think:

On 19 February 2012, however, he prolonged an existing spell on the sidelines – he had recently returned from a knee injury – after he was run over by his own car. As a result, he fractured his left ankle and broke the tibia and fibula in his left leg, according to Valencia team doctor Enrique Gastaldi. He required ankle surgery, going on to miss the remainder of the campaign; the club only confirmed that the player had been hurt in an accident involving his own car after leaving training, however Spanish media had reported that the injury occurred when he failed to put the handbrake on at a petrol station and, after the car moved, his leg was caught between the wheel and the curb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)