[Serie A, 2nd round] Lazio 0-1 JUVENTUS [27th August, 2016] (16 Viewers)

Sep 13, 2015
Today we learned that this particular midfield doesn't function when it's under pressure. We definitely lack physical player that can also attack, Asamoah lost the ball few times because of lack of strength.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Get pjanic in there, and give Higuain the full 90 minutes, and you will see a very different Juve.

I'll take the 6 points so far though.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I am glad I fake faned this. We are still a good distance from Bayern, Barca Madrid. Its still very early though.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
We need to get Pjanic in there. Without Marchsisio we have no one, who is able to control the tempo. Lemina was to sloppy today but you can see he has hugh potential.

On another note. What position was Felipe Anderson playing today? He worked hes ass off today and I thought he was everywhere when defending. I noticed he was a CM for Brazils olympic team. Could he be an opportunity signing?

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Yes, we beat a tough team, and yes we looked very solid once again. But the point is that we can play more attractive football and it could be successful too. If you bring Cuadrado we will have the best attacking talent since 2006. I really want to see Allegri experimenting a little bit more and change this ultra defensive 3-5-2 system. He inherited it from Conte and improved it but aside from that he is very conservative in his approach. Nothing new since then even against minnows. And even with Pjanic and Marchisio our midfield looks weaker than before. Maybe we should try more direct approach in our games and employ more attacking options.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am glad I fake faned this. We are still a good distance from Bayern, Barca Madrid. Its still very early though.
What I find annoying though is that a good way through the season we seem to hit form close to those teams then comes the summer and we start over. Thise teams keep their level throughout.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Get pjanic in there, and give Higuain the full 90 minutes, and you will see a very different Juve.

I'll take the 6 points so far though.
Look, we're winning against decent Serie A sides and we haven't figured out how to get the team firing on all cylinders yet. That's a good sign thus far.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Lets not forget we missed Bonucci who is vital for the build-up play. We never found our "rhytm" and we looked a bit confused.

Anyways we won on an off-day and thats what great teams are all about.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
When you put into consideration that we missed four world class players who are arguably top 5 in their respective positions worldwide (Bono, Marchisio, Pjanic, Higuain), and that it's the second game of the season against a solid top 5 contender (I rate their coach highly since last season) you will appreciate this away win more than now.
Hats off to Lazio who played with a very defensive approach, and their plan was to exert high pressure on our front three to prevent us from building up and setting up our attacks comfortably. We deeply missed Bono and a proper regista to help us get out with the ball, and our wingbacks suffered under these circumstances but in Allegri's defense the team got much better in the second half, and we surely deserved a win. Moreover, we hardly suffered defensively and imo Benatia was the man of the match and Khedira comes as a close second.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What I find annoying though is that a good way through the season we seem to hit form close to those teams then comes the summer and we start over. Thise teams keep their level throughout.
Yeah its very weird. Also we tend to be a team that is very hard to beat rather than a team that is very hard not to lose to. It takes away from our fear factor imo.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
This game more than anything very impressively showed the main strength of our squad: The CBs.

All three of them were absolutely impeccable, especially Benatia & Chiellini, and completely destroyed every Napoli attack even with a midfield that was rather woeful.

Aside from that, we really need at least one of Marchisio, Pjanic or Bonucci to play - no real gameplan whatsoever otherwise. Fortunately that issue shold sort itself out in the coming weeks anyways.

Lemina had quite the shocker, but that's too be expected from a youngster once in a while, especially in a role that does't really suit him that much. Asamoah was alright, but definitely not starter quality right now.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
This game more than anything very impressively showed the main strength of our squad: The CBs.

All three of them were absolutely impeccable, especially Benatia & Chiellini, and completely destroyed every Napoli attack even with a midfield that was rather woeful.

Aside from that, we really need at least one of Marchisio, Pjanic or Bonucci to play - no real gameplan whatsoever otherwise. Fortunately that issue shold sort itself out in the coming weeks anyways.

Lemina had quite the shocker, but that's too be expected from a youngster once in a while, especially in a role that does't really suit him that much. Asamoah was alright, but definitely not starter quality right now.
dai dai dai

Aug 1, 2003
Geez its not even our best lineup on the pitch !! Chill out. If anything (other than credit to lazio too) I was never once worried for juve it was clear they didnt go all out either - when they needed or wanted to they did and won.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)