Serie A 2023-24 (68 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The thing is there will be absolutely fuck all consistency with this blue card? one incident will show a blue card, in another incident it'll be identical but the ref awards a yellow card instead. Basically the refs of today are absolutely dumb pussies, dissent and cynical fouls are yellow card offences, simple. It's just the refs are too pussy to flash the yellow card when it warrants it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you guys don't have a problem with the rules, but with the application of the rules.

this is solvable by increasing the ref budget. every player should have a manadatory deduction from their pay to go to ref organization. the increased funding should be used to hire more refs and for training and also make the VAR a fulltime AI. no more human interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

I think in theory it has potential to solve some of the problems with yellow card not being a strong enough punishment (think tactical fouls like Chiellini grabbing Saka and easily eating a yellow for it) or a 2nd yellow card (or a yellow that makes players miss important knockout rounds) being too harsh a punishment in the bigger context. But fully agreed that the difference between yellow/blue will probably be super subjective and vague and will open up a can of worms.

- - - Updated - - -

True, a time limit like this will also inevitably increase time wasting.
and we saw that during the world cup, they counted the time wasted as added it on to added time. so 8-10+ mins added time was normal thing. it wont matter how much time they "Waste" because it will be for nothing.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
imagine a goalkeeper getting a blue card, then what? outfield player in goal? it just fucks everything up, its not even football.
not only can i imagine it, i love it. i love the added chaos that this can bring and the need to quickly adapt to advantage/disadvantage.

VAR despite it's issues has done more good than bad. same with the increased subs. this will work but at begining might need to be reworked if rules too vague.

but yeah, the chaos? yeah give me more of that please.

decfro

Jul 3, 2009
since that prick ceferin is leaving and won't be uefdard's president in the near future, maybe we should have rainbow cards as well, don't want to leave anyone out.You know inclusiveness, everyone belongs in the penalty box.
I will agree with Post Ironic on this wtf, don't these turds have anything better to do, seriously stop fucking with this game.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
calm yourself.

the idea of a 10 min removal of a player is appealing though. it could lead to some interesting attacking football knowing you only have limited time for a advantage before the player is back on.

and imo this could potentially mean refs are more likely to give the blue card for justified offenses than how they skip giving red card. u know how sometimes we see the ref skip giving second yellow or straight red because he doesn't want to influence the game too early? this gives chance for them to influence it knowing the punished team can still get their sent of player back within match
What does this mean?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
you guys don't have a problem with the rules, but with the application of the rules.

this is solvable by increasing the ref budget. every player should have a manadatory deduction from their pay to go to ref organization. the increased funding should be used to hire more refs and for training and also make the VAR a fulltime AI. no more human interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

and we saw that during the world cup, they counted the time wasted as added it on to added time. so 8-10+ mins added time was normal thing. it wont matter how much time they "Waste" because it will be for nothing.
Actually time wasting is still useful: you can break the opposition's tempo also even if 10 minutes is added the opposition has less energy after minute 90 so you successfully wasted 10 minutes of their high-energy attacking time.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Sounds like fifa are backtracking after what has been perceived as quite a bit of backlash to the idea, ofcourse there were some idiots who called talksport in the week in full favour of the idea, but they were probably the same idiots who thought VAR would be brilliant thing for football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 46)