Serie A 2023-24 (33 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Serie A have overtaken La Liga in uefa coefficient for the 1st time since Calciopoli.
I will argue and argue that Conference league and encouraging 4-6 clubs from a country to ALL compete and assign value to all the clubs competing was always going to be beneficial to Serie A and Bundesliga.

La Liga is still way too top heavy, even with them spreading out their tv deals better. EPL is still too rich and too important for their domestic clubs to not put 75% or more of their effort on the EPL schedule if they're Conference League or (sometimes) even Europa League. And their fixture congestion is so intense that they are going to not prioritize the Conference League or Europa League 9 times out of 10.

And this is all a good thing. It will push midtable clubs in Germany and Italy to push for European glory and I think it will give EPL clubs more reason to fight to remove some of their worthless cups from their schedule. I think La Liga is kinda "doomed" on this front as it is financially not feasible for them to have 5+ clubs all consistently performing in Europe. Sevilla getting just EMBARRASSED in Champions League did not help at all. And they had a group they really should've come 2nd in.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I will argue and argue that Conference league and encouraging 4-6 clubs from a country to ALL compete and assign value to all the clubs competing was always going to be beneficial to Serie A and Bundesliga.

La Liga is still way too top heavy, even with them spreading out their tv deals better. EPL is still too rich and too important for their domestic clubs to not put 75% or more of their effort on the EPL schedule if they're Conference League or (sometimes) even Europa League. And their fixture congestion is so intense that they are going to not prioritize the Conference League or Europa League 9 times out of 10.

And this is all a good thing. It will push midtable clubs in Germany and Italy to push for European glory and I think it will give EPL clubs more reason to fight to remove some of their worthless cups from their schedule. I think La Liga is kinda "doomed" on this front as it is financially not feasible for them to have 5+ clubs all consistently performing in Europe. Sevilla getting just EMBARRASSED in Champions League did not help at all. And they had a group they really should've come 2nd in.
The problem with this is, apparently UEFA has listened to the complaints from the EPL clubs and won’t weigh the points from the Conference League as high as the Champions League either from next season or the season after.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
The problem with this is, apparently UEFA has listened to the complaints from the EPL clubs and won’t weigh the points from the Conference League as high as the Champions League either from next season or the season after.
Interesting. Has that been announced?

I still thinking there being SOME points for Conference league is enough though. And apparently Serie A clubs do really well in Europa league. We are finally prioritizing it. Two clubs in the final four this year. Last year tons of success. It's a good thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)