Serie A 2023-24 (62 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Don’t put words into my mouth please.
what are you even talking about

...the main distinction here is that we fired Sarri but Lazio didn’t...
he lost the locker in both cases. you applaud him this time, logic says that you'd have expected him to resign at juve too. the main distinction is that he took some responsibility* at lazio, but didn't at juventus, the club he always hated. inconsistent? convenient? practical? random?

*however can you even praise him like you do:
...But what he did here takes courage...
what he did according to the reports: he went to the locker, told a little speech in front of the squad ("you're not listening to me anyone, if i'm the problem i'll step aside"), and left the club's facilities. he didn't even discuss his resignation with martusciello or the rest of his staff, he left them without a word. it seems like it was an impulsive, sentimental act of the moment from a man who just gave up.

you called it courage, some people might call it differently. maybe the main distinction is that he was just a few years younger at juve and could stay level headed in a difficult moment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Nah it's a matter of respect not emotions imo. For better or worse, juve is pretty corporate with a proper HR handbook so no matter how bad it would get things would stay pretty professional. IMO someone really stepped over the line at lazio and disrespected Sarri. I don't see him just giving up like that.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Nah it's a matter of respect not emotions imo. For better or worse, juve is pretty corporate with a proper HR handbook so no matter how bad it would get things would stay pretty professional. IMO someone really stepped over the line at lazio and disrespected Sarri. I don't see him just giving up like that.
based on the news nothing suggests that. (and lazio locker seems like an open book, his speech was out in no time, journalists knew about it within 5 minutes lol) even if someone did: does it make this fine, even something to applaud for some? you leave your job without discussing the situation with your closest colleagues because someone disrespected you?

why didn't he resign at chelsea when kepa crossed the line and disrespected sarri like no player should disrespect any coach?

in hindsight should we also build a statue to conte for leaving the club like he did? just because resignations takes courage? or aren't all resignations the same, and some are born of weak character?

anyway, i find it inconsistent that sarri lost (at least a big part of) the locker both at juve and lazio, he stayed in his job at juve and waited for the club to sack him, but resigned at lazio. two untrainable squads, two different solutions. he's a genuine guy i give him that, but is he impulsive. i can fully see him throwing a tantrum. :boh:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
what are you even talking about

he lost the locker in both cases. you applaud him this time, logic says that you'd have expected him to resign at juve too. the main distinction is that he took some responsibility* at lazio, but didn't at juventus, the club he always hated. inconsistent? convenient? practical? random?

*however can you even praise him like you do:

what he did according to the reports: he went to the locker, told a little speech in front of the squad ("you're not listening to me anyone, if i'm the problem i'll step aside"), and left the club's facilities. he didn't even discuss his resignation with martusciello or the rest of his staff, he left them without a word. it seems like it was an impulsive, sentimental act of the moment from a man who just gave up.

you called it courage, some people might call it differently. maybe the main distinction is that he was just a few years younger at juve and could stay level headed in a difficult moment.
1- I’m not arguing for the sake of it.
2- not sure what your argument even is. Dude had a contract and by resigning (if he indeed resigned and did not pull a Costanza) he’s willing to stop taking a paycheck. The big difference is results. In Juve he just won a scudetto and in this case Lazio’s sitting at 9th place. They’re closer to the bottom of the table than to the top of it.
The courage here is accepting that he might be part of the problem. Allegri’s team performs horribly every week and he insists he’s part of the solution.

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
I despise Sarri as much as the next guy but resigning (no matter what the behind the scenes drama is) is something is kind of rare these days. It's obvious that Lazio are a joke this year whether it's the underperforming players or the rigidity of Sarri but I respect that he resigned. Most people wait for the sack so they get the lucrative severance package and the payout. Someone is doing that now...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...The big difference is results...
...The courage here is accepting that he might be part of the problem...
expected results are different with juve 2020 and lazio. bottling two cups with juve while losing the locker were sack worthy, and he knew that he was part of the problem at juventus.

and results don't even matter if he lost the locker. i agree with this dude here on both evaluations:

If you had to address one of the 2 problems first (dead weight on the squad, and useless coach), which one would that be? To me it’s the first one.
Except of course if he lost the locker room already.
I agree if nobody likes to play for him he should be fired ASAP. These things are hard to determine from outside though. Thankfully we have Gigi and Chiello to report from inside on the locker room.
(see also gordo's post in the original thread for context.)

his last words as a juventus coach: you can fire me but this squad is untrainable (a confirmation of the fact that he lost influence on the squad, if he ever had any)
his last words as a lazio coach: you stopped listening to me, so i step aside

for me it's a very similar situation, with different outcomes. he realized that the squad didn't listen to him at juve, and he still failed to step aside, club had to sack him. now he's somehow courageous after leaving his staff behind.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Short version is that Sarri is an abrasive asshole who likes to play attractive football.

Gasperini is like this also which is why he is still in Bergamo. Coaches like this generally won't work for years at company clubs like Juve. For me he was a weird choice for Don Lotito.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
based on the news nothing suggests that. (and lazio locker seems like an open book, his speech was out in no time, journalists knew about it within 5 minutes lol) even if someone did: does it make this fine, even something to applaud for some? you leave your job without discussing the situation with your closest colleagues because someone disrespected you?

why didn't he resign at chelsea when kepa crossed the line and disrespected sarri like no player should disrespect any coach?

in hindsight should we also build a statue to conte for leaving the club like he did? just because resignations takes courage? or aren't all resignations the same, and some are born of weak character?

anyway, i find it inconsistent that sarri lost (at least a big part of) the locker both at juve and lazio, he stayed in his job at juve and waited for the club to sack him, but resigned at lazio. two untrainable squads, two different solutions. he's a genuine guy i give him that, but is he impulsive. i can fully see him throwing a tantrum. :boh:
You're probably right, but Chelsea situation is different because kepa for published for that, key word here is without repercussion. But this is my reading.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You're probably right, but Chelsea situation is different because kepa for published for that, key word here is without repercussion. But this is my reading.
that's why i brought it up: resignation isn't a solution in these cases, punishments are

anyway, here's sarri's potential next boss:

quite an example to follow for italian football (cit. gravina). he really turned into a lunatic, didn't he. he's a ticking bomb, no wonder napoli fell apart for this season.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Sarri is abrasive, but so is Conte. Both have experience of managing top tier teams and have some European experience. Sarri of course won the EL with Chelsea. As a squad, you should rally around such managers because they are successful and have the credentials. When their plan works, their teams are very good. They're different to Ten Hag who is abrasive and makes them play like crap.

I can see why you would hire Sarri, but you have to allow him to slap up the squad to get the best from them. Same with Conte, and perhaps a reason why Man Utd don't go for him is because their squad is full of bitches.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i am gonna laugh my ass off when sarri is hired as juve coach come summer

- - - Updated - - -

100 percent he is next juve coach come june of this year.

i am so confident that if i am wrong may mods ban me and osman for 2 months

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
expected results are different with juve 2020 and lazio. bottling two cups with juve while losing the locker were sack worthy, and he knew that he was part of the problem at juventus.

and results don't even matter if he lost the locker. i agree with this dude here on both evaluations:

(see also gordo's post in the original thread for context.)

his last words as a juventus coach: you can fire me but this squad is untrainable (a confirmation of the fact that he lost influence on the squad, if he ever had any)
his last words as a lazio coach: you stopped listening to me, so i step aside

for me it's a very similar situation, with different outcomes. he realized that the squad didn't listen to him at juve, and he still failed to step aside, club had to sack him. now he's somehow courageous after leaving his staff behind.
Again I’m not sure what your argument is. I dislike Sarri and did not agree with his appointment. You think he should’ve resigned and not take Juve money just he did with Lazio? Fine. But you can’t take away the fact that he did it with Lazio while Max Allegri didn’t do it in either of his stints despite being on a much higher salary.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
If Arsenal hadn't won tonight, Italy would've had a mathematical chance to secure their 5th CL spot even this week. Very likely they will get it soon anyways
Jj needs this, Jj is the new Italian Arsenal with their top 4 scudetti
It’s about time, they are obviously a broke club. Let’s see if they actually get punished like Jj got punished a year ago. I am skeptical. If the finance rules were always followed there would be even more non compliant Serie A clubs. This league is totally broke.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 34)