Serie A 2022-23 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Milan legend Zvonimir Boban insists the Super League will never exist and believes VAR has ‘cleaned football.’

The ex-Rossoneri player and director, now UEFA’s Head Of Football, has released an extended interview with today’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

Starting from the Super League, Boban has discussed several issues, including VAR and the 2022 World Cup.

“The Super League was an absurd plan, which died in two days. Actually, it was never born,” the Croat said.

“Any plan not including the values of sport in the first place is destined to end badly. Football belongs to all those who love it and the Super League was a misguided attempt that failed as it deserved. We’ve been talking too much about it. It will never exist.”

Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona are still formally involved in the breakaway competition that was launched in April 2021 but collapsed within 48 hours.

Monza director Adriano Galliani has suggested that European clubs could create a Super League to challenge Premier League clubs.

“I like Adriano, but his claims have disappointed me,” admitted Boban.

“It’s like betraying his history and Milan’s history. When Serie A was dominating, nobody thought about the others. We would like to see more balance between the different leagues. When new stadiums will be built, I am sure Serie A will improve and be able to compete with the Premier League.

“They should have thought about it [new stadiums] 30 years ago, but better late than never.”

How about VAR? How has football developed since its introduction?

“Criticism at the beginning was logical, but after all the improvements, anyone criticising VAR now is intellectually dishonest,” said Boban.

“VAR hasn’t changed football, but has cleaned it. It’s a form of protection for referees who can make errors. Now it’s difficult to think about football without VAR and I am proud of it.”

Boban also said that he is “sorry” Italy didn’t qualify for the World Cup. “It’s my second home, but they hadn’t qualified for Russia [2018] and it was still a good tournament.”

- - - Updated - - -

Milan legend Zvonimir Boban insists the Super League will never exist and believes VAR has ‘cleaned football.’

The ex-Rossoneri player and director, now UEFA’s Head Of Football, has released an extended interview with today’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

Starting from the Super League, Boban has discussed several issues, including VAR and the 2022 World Cup.

“The Super League was an absurd plan, which died in two days. Actually, it was never born,” the Croat said.

“Any plan not including the values of sport in the first place is destined to end badly. Football belongs to all those who love it and the Super League was a misguided attempt that failed as it deserved. We’ve been talking too much about it. It will never exist.”

Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona are still formally involved in the breakaway competition that was launched in April 2021 but collapsed within 48 hours.

Monza director Adriano Galliani has suggested that European clubs could create a Super League to challenge Premier League clubs.

“I like Adriano, but his claims have disappointed me,” admitted Boban.

“It’s like betraying his history and Milan’s history. When Serie A was dominating, nobody thought about the others. We would like to see more balance between the different leagues. When new stadiums will be built, I am sure Serie A will improve and be able to compete with the Premier League.

“They should have thought about it [new stadiums] 30 years ago, but better late than never.”

How about VAR? How has football developed since its introduction?

“Criticism at the beginning was logical, but after all the improvements, anyone criticising VAR now is intellectually dishonest,” said Boban.

“VAR hasn’t changed football, but has cleaned it. It’s a form of protection for referees who can make errors. Now it’s difficult to think about football without VAR and I am proud of it.”

Boban also said that he is “sorry” Italy didn’t qualify for the World Cup. “It’s my second home, but they hadn’t qualified for Russia [2018] and it was still a good tournament.”

Serie A only has themself to be blamed for the mismanagement when they were the pinnacle of European football.

juvid

Jul 11, 2018
Immobile predicts the goal tally of Vlahovic and other top Serie A strikers

“There are many great strikers this season. I think Lukaku has a lot of anger inside. I think he will score 20 to 25 goals,” said Immobile in an interview with DAZN via Juvenews.eu.

“Lautaro? In my opinion, he scores 13 to 18.

"Vlahovic more than 20 for sure, he has them in the ropes"

“Between Giroud, Origi and Rebic they will collect about 35 goals.

"Jovic? No more than 15."

“Osimhen is a striker that I really like. If you want a precise number, he’ll score 19 goals.

"As for Abraham, If this he scores the same amount as last year, we can already speak of a top striker who has proved himself in two consecutive seasons."

“Immobile? For now, I only have one goal!”

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
:rofl: :howler: Do you like throwing away money @Juve92 ?

I mean it's one thing believing this Juventus is capable of winning anything, but Spurs? They haven't won shit since World War II.
Conte, bro. The guy is a serial winner:

- Took us from 7th place to 1st
- Took Chelsea from 10th place to 1st (with zero Premier League experience)
- Ended Inter's 10 year trophy drought

This is their best chance to win the league, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)