Serie A 2021-22 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
7 points off the top 4 at this stage of the season is a major cause for concern. I really struggle to see how we’re going to make top 4, particularly with the way that Atalanta, Milan, inter and Napoli are playing.

it’s going to take a miracle from here, we seek galaxies away from their level at the moment
Next 4 games will definitely decide where are we going to finish Atlanta still have to play Napoli and roma

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
2 good seasons for 90mil is a robbery.
Bigger robbery is €400M spent on Ronaldo for a couple of good seasons and a decimated squad.

Looking back, despite all his goals and given how badly we've fallen off, this has to go down as the flop investment of the decade. I was in denial initially but the money we spent on him directly hindered our ability to improve our overall team and pushed terrorists like Paratici to get 'clever' and 'cheeky'. And ultimately, we could end up paying a much bigger price for this.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
scamacca is looking like a legit star. he starting to mature nicely, but i need to see him more invloved in team build up before i'd say he is big team ready.

vlahovic should be the target for us no question, but scammacca can go big if he continues his form like this
I think we will get Scammaca because we can't get Vlahovic.

I also found it hilarious how Italian papers link Vlahovic with Danilo, son of our president, as one of his agents.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Bigger robbery is €400M spent on Ronaldo for a couple of good seasons and a decimated squad.

Looking back, despite all his goals and given how badly we've fallen off, this has to go down as the flop investment of the decade. I was in denial initially but the money we spent on him directly hindered our ability to improve our overall team and pushed terrorists like Paratici to get 'clever' and 'cheeky'. And ultimately, we could end up paying a much bigger price for this.
we did invest in the midfield as we're the famous arthur, rabiot and ramsey trio is costing us more than 40m per season. i already checked once how much barella, bennacer and malinovskyi are costing their respective clubs, and it's not even close. we spent a lot on our squad, we just made the wrong investments.

i'm not even a ronaldo fan, never was, never will be. but he wasn't the mistake. our other reinforcements? chiesa and locatelli are good, mckennie is all right, all other transfers are either fucking expensive (de ligt) or ranging from questionable to straight out shit.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
we did invest in the midfield as we're the famous arthur, rabiot and ramsey trio is costing us more than 40m per season. i already checked once how much barella, bennacer and malinovskyi are costing their respective clubs, and it's not even close. we spent a lot on our squad, we just made the wrong investments.

i'm not even a ronaldo fan, never was, never will be. but he wasn't the mistake. our other reinforcements? chiesa and locatelli are good, mckennie is all right, all other transfers are either fucking expensive (de ligt) or ranging from questionable to straight out shit.
Dude just stop bringing up Arthur in this argument. We wouldn't have even pursued him in the first place if we didn't need to cook our books. That's all what he was. An expensive plusvalenza operation than an actual reinforcement.
It's no question that Tici did a terrible job with the rest of the reinforcements but to flat out deny that that the investment on Ronaldo wasn't affecting our ability to improve other areas is just wrong.

When you bring in a guy like Ronaldo, you try to ensure to buy some of the best talents so that the squad is an optimal level to challenge for big trophies. Some of the names you've mentioned would've been hit or miss given our objectives as a club is different compared to low pressure environments like Atalanta or Milan.

Bennacer and Malinovsky? You would've bashed Tici endlessly had that not worked out just like how they're bashing him for Kulusevski.

The situation is important. Back in 2018, we were already on a downhill and the squad badly needed to be refreshed. Multiple positions needed to be addressed, not just midfield. What did we do? We invested €400M on a 33 year old and thought we'll go to the next level.

Given the age of the squad and given that we were in decline, it was a mistake to invest on him. Simple as. The JJ 'brand' dint go anywhere either. We were better off in 17/18 than now.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Still the trope that Ronaldo stopped us from investing lol

Covid ruined us because we accumulated huge costs, but Ronaldo didn't stop us from investing in De Ligt, Kulusevski, Chiesa and giving huge wages to free agents.

Any one of those could have been directed to midfield and that's it. The fact is they did not understand what a huge problem the midfield is and took shortcuts. Nothing to do with Ronaldo since we spent big with him and started the midfield decline before him even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)