Serie A 2020-21 (8 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
haha wtf Milan tied Cagliari? I gave up on the season.

Now of course the team you'd think would be least likely to let Milan win will actually lose easily and in the process lose millions of dollars and prestige, just to spite us. Because Italy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Atalanta are in second but with a loss could finish 4th. Their season is not over and I am quite confident they will give 100% to win.

googled it. Atalanta has never finished as high as 2nd in Serie A before. It would be the club's best ever season if they did. Not to mention the Coppa Italia final they have a very real shot at winning.

Some of these players might not ever be in this position again

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
haha wtf Milan tied Cagliari? I gave up on the season.

Now of course the team you'd think would be least likely to let Milan win will actually lose easily and in the process lose millions of dollars and prestige, just to spite us. Because Italy.
Atalanta do not like Milan (or Inter) at all. It’s also a regional rivalry, they won’t purposefully bend over and take it spite us. And they really do want to finish second, which would be a monumental achievement for them.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Really seems ridiculous that the coppa final is midweek and before the final round.

What was the reason for that? And why did both clubs agree? Seems crazy.
Someone though we have a chance to make the CL final which is on 29th. They moved the Coppa final (which was scheduled same day as CL iirc) back a week or so in 2015 or 2017, after we made the CL final. So they now schedule it earlier instead of rescheduling it I guess

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Atalanta do not like Milan (or Inter) at all. It’s also a regional rivalry, they won’t purposefully bend over and take it spite us. And they really do want to finish second, which would be a monumental achievement for them.
And I think it's also about the money. 2nd place finish will get you much more then 4th.

Atalanta will be motivated against Milan for sure, but the real question is can we beat Bologna? Lul.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I don’t understand people thinking Atalanta have nothing to play for. They need a win to guarantee finishing second as Napoli have a better H2H than them and if Milan win they will also finish above them.

Then you have the difference in money, which is huge for a club like Atalanta.

On top of that you have the fact that a second place finish will be historical for a club like Atalanta having never achieved that in their history. Regardless of what we do I think we can be confident Atalanta will be trying to beat Milan

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I wonder if Agnelli's disrespectful comments about Atalanta will come back to haunt us, or whether Atalanta will go all out to prove him wrong and rub it in our faces that the "small" club finished 2nd and helped the "big bad old lady" of Italian soccer in the process.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I wonder if Agnelli's disrespectful comments about Atalanta will come back to haunt us, or whether Atalanta will go all out to prove him wrong and rub it in our faces that the "small" club finished 2nd and helped the "big bad old lady" of Italian soccer in the process.
I don’t think they give a shit now tbh. And why would they? This is the third year in a row they’ll qualify for the CL anyway. It’s becoming a regular thing for them...for me, they’ll be playing this game to win as second place is at stake. Talks of bending over and letting Milan win is just baffling to me.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don’t think they give a shit now tbh. And why would they? This is the third year in a row they’ll qualify for the CL anyway. It’s becoming a regular thing for them...for me, they’ll be playing this game to win as second place is at stake. Talks of bending over and letting Milan win is just baffling to me.
yeah, losing the opportunity for a historic 2nd place, 10m in prize money and some reputation won't do them any favor. they'll try to beat milan.

my only concern is that we're playing a cup final mid-week, while milan and napoli will have a rest. what a stupid schedule that can make the difference in a tight race, simply inexplicable.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
yeah, losing the opportunity for a historic 2nd place, 10m in prize money and some reputation won't do them any favor. they'll try to beat milan.

my only concern is that we're playing a cup final mid-week, while milan and napoli will have a rest. what a stupid schedule that can make the difference in a tight race, simply inexplicable.
That I agree with. This final should have been played weeks ago, or like most years, as the last game of the season. Totally obscene to play this game mid-week before the last round of the season - especially given the fact that both clubs are in or near the top 4. Unfair advantage for the other teams.

But this is Italy after all...joke of a league and federation.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Idiotic calcio at its best.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Napoli win, Juve Win, Milan win , Atalanta lose

Whatever happen we will still does not get the UCL because of H2H with Atalanta
The only chance are one of Napoli and Milan draw or lose

I think Napoli will have the upper hand because their future is in their hand and Verona does not care they win or lose, it is just the same for them
While Atalanta is the key here, they probably fight for Coppa against us (full strength) and play their youngsters against Milan (high probability they will lose to Milan)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Guys, we had plenty of rest few weeks ago and we still fucked up against minnow teams.

Tight schedule can't be an excuse. We simply suck under Pirlo!

Reaching CL place would be a miracle at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)