Serie A 2020-21 (21 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Not a chance we will all finish on the same points.

I'm sure Milan will win, the are strangely good away from home and making up for poor previous results against that opponent. Plus Atalanta will either have won (most likely) or lost a cup final days before and have nothing to play for. I am not convinced we will win too.
I’ve seen both matches today, Fiorentina and Cagliari. Both teams with nothing to play for. Honestly I’d probably gave the same answer as you’re giving now a few days ago, but I was surprised by the spirit both teams showed. After all, why wouldn’t you try against a big club. Atalanta probably wants to end with a positive result, regardless if they will win the Coppa or not.

Still a little bit of hope for us, even though a season in EL wouldn’t hurt us besides the financial part.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=italy

Milan have the best away record in the league, 7 points better than Inter, with one less game played.

They have earned 16 more points away from home than at home, with one less game played.
It's either just a coincidence (since there are no fans so not much changes where you play) or they play more defensively and on counters when they travel while they use a different style at home.
Whichever of the two is true, I don't think it will make any difference in Atalanta-Milan. Atalanta's attitude is what's gonna decide that game.

Aug 2, 2005
a season in EL wouldn’t hurt us besides the financial part.
Yeah,, it is all about money eventually but it is just more than 1 CL season ($90 mil) money,,
Much more than just $ here.
naming a few on top of my head
- Keeping good players
- We will struggle to get players --> pay more
- History
- Status

if we end up in EL and eventually win it,, and then win the EU super cup.. that would not be bad

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So... there's still a chance? We can finish ahead of either Milan or Napoli? Looks much better than last week.

Apparently Atalanta still has reasons for not losing/winning against Milan - it's cash that's guaranteed from CL based on spot in which you finish the league. The other one is if the manage to stay at #2 it 's their best ranking ever in their entire history. Good thing that Gasp is such a competitive, no bullshit guy.

CI final before the last round is unfair though.

Verona is a nutcase to play against too, such a difficult team to break down.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus 75 points

Juventus must beat Bologna and hope that either Milan or Napoli fail to pick up three points.

There is an alternative, as they could draw with Bologna, as long as both Milan and Napoli lose.

In that case, they would all be on 76 points, setting off a classifica avulsa – a mini-league made of their results against each other.

This would see Milan, Juve and Napoli all on six points each, so calculating the goal difference in that mini-league, Milan and Juventus would have the upper hand, sending Napoli to fifth place.

That’s because Milan have a goal difference of +2, while both Juve and Napoli have a goal difference of -1.

The Bianconeri would get the advantage, as they scored five goals and Napoli only scored four in this mini-league.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Juventus 75 points

Juventus must beat Bologna and hope that either Milan or Napoli fail to pick up three points.

There is an alternative, as they could draw with Bologna, as long as both Milan and Napoli lose.

In that case, they would all be on 76 points, setting off a classifica avulsa – a mini-league made of their results against each other.

This would see Milan, Juve and Napoli all on six points each, so calculating the goal difference in that mini-league, Milan and Juventus would have the upper hand, sending Napoli to fifth place.

That’s because Milan have a goal difference of +2, while both Juve and Napoli have a goal difference of -1.

The Bianconeri would get the advantage, as they scored five goals and Napoli only scored four in this mini-league.
Nice but won't happen

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Napoli won't drop points vs Verona. They are in excellent form, except for our match they haven't lost since February. Away to Fiorentina was the last chance to miss CL for them and they won 0-2. Now it's almost a certainty. One of the most in form teams vs one of the most out of form ones with nothing to play for.

Our hope is Atalanta.

Aug 2, 2005
Napoli won't drop points vs Verona. They are in excellent form, except for our match they haven't lost since February. Away to Fiorentina was the last chance to miss CL for them and they won 0-2. Now it's almost a certainty. One of the most in form teams vs one of the most out of form ones with nothing to play for.

Our hope is Atalanta.
We are back to post caliopoli days hopes. LOL

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Oct 23, 2011

Our hope is Atalanta.
Anything can happen in these games. They were shitting bricks today until they got the penalty. They feel the pressure, and usually, Napoli and the likes collapse under pressure. Let's see what happens next week. I am hopeful.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I always wondered....Is there such a thing as loosing on purpose in professiobal sports? And im not talking about fixed matches cause that happens a lot, but loose so as to harm a certain oponent of yours? Like Atalanta in this case, would a professional team like them loose a game on purpose to harm us? Is that a thing in football?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I always wondered....Is there such a thing as loosing on purpose in professiobal sports? And im not talking about fixed matches cause that happens a lot, but loose so as to harm a certain oponent of yours? Like Atalanta in this case, would a professional team like them loose a game on purpose to harm us? Is that a thing in football?
I dont think so. They might try less to win, but no one will lose on purpose imo.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,658
    I really don't know.

if two or more teams are tied in points (for any place), the deciding tie-breakers in serie A are as follows:
    1. Head-to-head records (results and points)
    2. Goal difference of head-to-head games
    3. Goal difference overall
    4. Higher number of goals scored
    5. Draw

So, in the mini-table we have same points with Milan and Napoli (1), Milan have a better goal-difference in the H2H, but we and Napoli are both at -1 (2). Now, since they don't mention number of goals in the goal difference, I guess number 3 will be activated and Napoli are better there.
    ASL decides tie-breaker.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Juventus 75 points

This is why I asked about it but it has a 1% chance of happening.
    Our best bet is Milan but I wouldnt rule out us failing to win.
    As for Atalanta Milan - On paper Atalanta shouldnt lose but we shouldnt lose to Milan and beat Inter so..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)