Serie A 2020-21 (146 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Well still only -4 behind Milan. Not the end of the world, but these 1-1 draws keep coming back to bite us.
I'd say we are also definitely better than earlier this season. If the Milan teams keep their current pace but we continue improving and getting results we should overtake them in the long run. Screwing up leads has been a problem for us longer than this season and that is the most frustrating thing right now. I hardly celebrate early goals anymore because I know the lead is probably just temporary.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
It's how we used to do it.
Yes but we also used to defend perfectly well. Tonight inda was only luck and nothing else. Nipples had 2 perfect chances to equalize within the last 5 minutes but they failed.

Inter is weak, they give away space and initiative way too easily, while not being particularly good at absorbing pressure and defending deep.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Amazed people haven't recognised that Inter are title candidates and probably the favourites, given that they have no European football to worry about.

Squeezing a result once is luck but they have done it all season. They aren't the strongest team but the mentality to keep scrapping wins shows they have something and the more they do it the more they will grow. We used to do it but lost it under Sarri and not really doing it now other than Torino and Ferencvaros. If anything we look more likely to lose points late in games.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Amazed people haven't recognised that Inter are title candidates and probably the favourites, given that they have no European football to worry about.

Squeezing a result once is luck but they have done it all season. They aren't the strongest team but the mentality to keep scrapping wins shows they have something and the more they do it the more they will grow. We used to do it but lost it under Sarri and not really doing it now other than Torino and Ferencvaros. If anything we look more likely to lose points late in games.
Absolutely. Milan is a facade, the real challenger is and always has been Inter.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
We are competing against ourselves and I think/hope we are getting there. Need some luck and sense of urgency from coach and players to string together a 7-8 winning streak and we will be comfortably on top of the table. We need to hit top form asap.

Aug 26, 2014
We are dropping points left and right, but so are other teams. We just need consistency, if we string more that two wins in a row I believe everything will click.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Dropping points to Atalanta is acceptable considering their quality as well as our CL exploits. These are when we are most likely to drop points but once we start finishing the lower and mid table teams we should be good for the title. Inter need to play us twice, so do Milan so if we're more than 6 points behind either I'd be worried. Both teams will park the bus against us for sure, it's what they all do apart from Atalanta.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Dropping points to Atalanta is acceptable considering their quality as well as our CL exploits. These are when we are most likely to drop points but once we start finishing the lower and mid table teams we should be good for the title. Inter need to play us twice, so do Milan so if we're more than 6 points behind either I'd be worried. Both teams will park the bus against us for sure, it's what they all do apart from Atalanta.
Nah. Milan won't park the bus for sure. Did you see them play? They all run-n-gun, it's going to be the trickiest game for us, on par with Atalanta. They can simply outrun us if we don't respect them. So it's either we treat them seriously and choke them or it's a tossup. I don't see Inter as viable opponent at all, we should put them away.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Their defense is too weak. Let's see if marotta improves it in Jan.

Not that overall we aren't on same level atm, but we've a higher ceiling. We took a step up from start of the season. Another step (likely imo) and it's game over.

If not, maybe first time in a while a team with less than 80 pts will win the scudo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 137)