Serie A 2020-21 (96 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lewandowski managed to outscore him with 22 goals in 27 fewer matches, Müller who’s not even a striker is pretty much equal with him as you said :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Champions_League_top_scorers

Zlatan is a great player no doubt, but he was relative poor in the CL. Funny no journalists never dared asking him about it
Lewandowski can score 5 times more than Zlatan, but in time he will be remembered mostly by Bayern fans. A great striker, like Van Nistelrooy for example, but nothing that attracts fans or remains in memory.
Zlatan on the other hand will always be remembered as special and will have a following. Because of his character, his unique goals, because he keeps going strong at 39 like nobody else in football's history, because his own teammates shit their pants when he's on the pitch and they will talk about him until they die, because "no journalists dared to ask him why he wasn't successful in CL" as you said.
So yes, if we're talking about a 3rd player that marked the last decade or 15 years, it's Zlatan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Lewandowski can score 5 times more than Zlatan, but in time he will be remembered mostly by Bayern fans. A great striker, like Van Nistelrooy for example, but nothing that attracts fans or remains in memory.
Zlatan on the other hand will always be remembered as special and will have a following. Because of his character, his unique goals, because he keeps going strong at 39 like nobody else in football's history, because his own teammates shit their pants when he's on the pitch and they will talk about him until they die, because "no journalists dared to ask him why he wasn't successful in CL" as you said.
So yes, if we're talking about a 3rd player that marked the last decade or 15 years, it's Zlatan.
He will be remembered for his big nose, loud mouth and cringe way to talk about himself. Together with never being able to participate in a CL final.

Van Nistelrooy is very well remembered by real football fans, same goes for Shevchenko. I will go as far to say that Zlatan gets more credit than he deserves just because of his big mouth and it seems his fanbase swallows everything he says.

Zlatan didn't mark anything more than Benzema, Suarez, Lewandowski or Aguero. All of the first three mentioned achieved more than him.

And I can assure you Lewandowski will be remembered, he's 32 and shows no signs of slowing down in the coming years. He's two goals away from becoming the 3rd highest goalscorer in the CL.

Fair enough you rate the big nosed swede (he's good no doubt), but he never achieved anything in the CL, and he can keep on blabbering on about how good he is - because that's what he likes to do.

Ronaldo for instance is not even half as loud-mouthed but at the same time is he able to back it up with both individual achievements and also CL trophies.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The goal that Ibra scored when he played for Ajax already marked the history as an outstanding talent. And it didn't stop there.

Many strikers might be able to out-score him that's for sure but players like Ibra are born once in a blue moon while classical goalscorers are always around. In my opinion Ibra leaves a much bigger mark in the history, despite of scoring less goals. And unlike many other classic CFs he's bringing something totally different to the game. Just like there are dozens of brilliant dribblers yet barely anyone brought something like Ronaldinho did on the pitch.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
The goal that Ibra scored when he played for Ajax already marked the history as an outstanding talent. And it didn't stop there.

Many strikers might be able to out-score him that's for sure but players like Ibra are born once in a blue moon while classical goalscorers are always around. In my opinion Ibra leaves a much bigger mark in the history, despite of scoring less goals. And unlike many other classic CFs he's bringing something totally different to the game. Just like there are dozens of brilliant dribblers yet barely anyone brought something like Ronaldinho did on the pitch.
He might score some really crazy individual goals but apart from that I don’t see what makes him all that special.

Suarez, Benzema and even Lewandowski seems to better vision/assisting stats than Ibra. Suarez in 13-14 and 15-16 is way better and more spectacular than anything Ibra ever did imo. Same goes for the 19-20 season Lewa just had.

Ibra just stands more out because of his personality.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He might score some really crazy individual goals but apart from that I don’t see what makes him all that special.

Suarez, Benzema and even Lewandowski seems to better vision/assisting stats than Ibra. Suarez in 13-14 and 15-16 is way better and more spectacular than anything Ibra ever did imo. Same goes for the 19-20 season Lewa just had.

Ibra just stands more out because of his personality.
I disagree. Ibra is a team’s centerpiece and raises their level. The other names you mentioned need a good team in order to shine.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I disagree. Ibra is a team’s centerpiece and raises their level. The other names you mentioned need a good team in order to shine.
Lewandowski, Aguero and probably also Benzema needs a well functioning team agreed but Suarez in 13-14 lifted that Liverpool team extremely pretty much all by himself

That Liverpool team was even worse than this current Milan team imo

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Lewandowski, Aguero and probably also Benzema needs a well functioning team agreed but Suarez in 13-14 lifted that Liverpool team extremely pretty much all by himself

That Liverpool team was even worse than this current Milan team imo
No way, that team was stacked in midfield and defense. Gerrard, Coutinho, Moses, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Agger, Skrtel, Toure, etc.

May 26, 2016
I don't think he wanted to go to Leeds. He could pick a bigger European club and I'm sure he knows this. This shows some balls as it would have been easy for him to go to Bielsa, more money and more prestige.
Yeah there must have been some doubts of some sort.

Who knows how much potential he has, but he is turning into a fine player. If we need a solid and good option that wont break the bank next season i think we should consider him. We already know he is performing in Serie A

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
No way, that team was stacked in midfield and defense. Gerrard, Coutinho, Moses, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Agger, Skrtel, Toure, etc.
Gerrard was done and dusted, way over the hill. Coutinho was first a hit in later seasons, Moses and Lucas = rubbish, Sterling was good but nothing special, Agger and Skrtel wasn't anything special as well.

Not to forget they had freaking Mignolet in goal.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He will be remembered for his big nose, loud mouth and cringe way to talk about himself. Together with never being able to participate in a CL final.

Van Nistelrooy is very well remembered by real football fans, same goes for Shevchenko. I will go as far to say that Zlatan gets more credit than he deserves just because of his big mouth and it seems his fanbase swallows everything he says.

Zlatan didn't mark anything more than Benzema, Suarez, Lewandowski or Aguero. All of the first three mentioned achieved more than him.

And I can assure you Lewandowski will be remembered, he's 32 and shows no signs of slowing down in the coming years. He's two goals away from becoming the 3rd highest goalscorer in the CL.

Fair enough you rate the big nosed swede (he's good no doubt), but he never achieved anything in the CL, and he can keep on blabbering on about how good he is - because that's what he likes to do.

Ronaldo for instance is not even half as loud-mouthed but at the same time is he able to back it up with both individual achievements and also CL trophies.
All of them will be remembered ofcourse with the least being Aguero. They are/were top players with plenty of goals and success at the biggest clubs. But I think Ibra will be remembered more due to his incredible longevity and like you said due to his personality.

Its not just being a big mouth. Ibra transforms the attitude and confidence of those around him too. He shines and those around him become better too. Despite his age, he did it at United and is doing it at Milan again. The guy is a great dressing room leader in a way that is different from what Suarez or Lewandowski are. The only other player that gives this kind of mental boost to the dressing room is Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)