Serie A 2020-21 (320 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
With the way they’re both playing, their luck, our awfulness and lack of grinta, it will be two easy wins for them.

I mean, Milan destroyed us a few months ago anyway, I don’t see why things will be much different again.
All I know is that we get our shit together when it matters. We will fight till the end, if they want to dethrone us they will have to be perfect.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
As things stand now, we are currently 6th with 10 points behind Milan and 9 behind Inter. What a self-inflicted implosion. Basically every managerial decision this club has made since firing Moratta, from firing Allegri to hiring Sarri and Pirlo, was a wrong one and these are the consequences.

This has to be one of the biggest self-inflicted implosions in football over the last decade or so.
Way to overreact buddy.
How many teams in the world can boast winning 9 league titles in a row and being in the CL knockouts every year?
This is a crazy year because of Covid, if there's one season where we fall off it's this one.
I expect us to bounce back next year. And even now, there are still 24 rounds left to play, so nothing is decided yet.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
we're barely past one third of the race mate, it's all but over. have some faith, and not in pirlo, but in the juventus environment.
There's relatively little to have any hope left. The team shows up for every second/third game this season. In the past the environment would be pissed enough with a single draw to start a new winning streak. Here, it's all just talk.

It's a team with massive investment, highest wage bill in Italy. We even have The Goat on our side, yet all we've seen so far is a few good games and the rest is just excuses.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
not even that. imagine not thowing away the win VS Lazio and Benevento. just 4 extra points would have still meant we were in title race.
Benevento, Crotone, Verona.

6 points lost there. You can accept draws away from home against good teams like Lazio and Roma. Even last nights loss, whilst horrendous, was somewhat understandable given we had 10 men, had a god awful referee against us all game and literally every thing going against us. A freak game that happens once or twice a season to most teams.

But drawing three games against teams we should beat 10/10 is unacceptable. And you win Scudetti in the provinces and we are failing badly on that front so far.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so juve go into winter break not even in top 4 of league. wow

this must the first time since since what 1980s that juve don't finish winter break in top 4?

@Alen would you know?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
so juve go into winter break not even in top 4 of league. wow

this must the first time since since what 1980s that juve don't finish winter break in top 4?

@Alen would you know?
That's misleading. Most winter breaks end with 17 or 18 games. This one ends on 14 and we have a game in hand.
Many such 'records' have been broken this season all over Europe due to the compact season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Benevento, Crotone, Verona.

6 points lost there. You can accept draws away from home against good teams like Lazio and Roma. Even last nights loss, whilst horrendous, was somewhat understandable given we had 10 men, had a god awful referee against us all game and literally every thing going against us.

But drawing three games against teams we should beat 10/10 is unacceptable. And you win Scudetti in the provinces.
lazio was all but won, we conceded with the last kick of the game. anyway...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I really don't know. I don't think there has been a team that has been THIS dominant domestically both on the field and financially for the past 9!! years and who is risking it all by hiring a coach who hasn't set foot in a dugout as a coach. We were literally at least 5 years ahead of our rivals both from a financial and sporting perspective.

Anyway, Milan and Inter are going to drop points eventually. We just need to put in a 15/16 win streak to surpass them, including beating them head-to-head.
Yeah we definitely shot ourselves in the foot with our last two appointments.

About firing Max, at the time many felt that it was the right decision, but his replacement surely wasn't.

But our fall hasn't been as bad as Milan's, inter's or Man U's (yet). Things are looking bad now and i also seems like we're gonna lose the title but we've already taken this crazy gamble, might as well see it through unless we risk missing out on CL perhaps.

Replacing Beppe with Tici looks like it might be the biggest mistake of all.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
That's misleading. Most winter breaks end with 17 or 18 games. This one ends on 14 and we have a game in hand.
Many such 'records' have been broken this season all over Europe due to the compact season.

you didn't answer the question.

side note: it's good for juve that its 4 games less because we would have finished 10th place or lower.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
thats true. But we were unlucky and not bad against them.

We were pitifully godawful in those drawn games against Benevento/Crotone/Verona. 6 points thrown away against teams who were playing in Serie B last season (and Verona the season before last)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Also at the risk of sounding like excuse-making, trying to play more open, attacking football in Serie A is probably harder to do than anywhere else in the world.

We need to find that balance where we can do it readily in Europe but play a more tactical game in Italy.

Oct 23, 2011
Way to overreact buddy.
How many teams in the world can boast winning 9 league titles in a row and being in the CL knockouts every year?
This is a crazy year because of Covid, if there's one season where we fall off it's this one.
I expect us to bounce back next year. And even now, there are still 24 rounds left to play, so nothing is decided yet.
No team has achieved (or will achieve) what we have over the last 9 years. It's extraordinary. Maybe I am overreacting, yes. But with our roster, I really don't see a reason why this year would be the year to lose a title to Inter or Milan, who, as I said before, are lightyears behind us from both a sporting and financial perspective. Covid or not. I would consider it a colossal upset; we are simply that much better than them.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
thats true. But we were unlucky and not bad against them.

We were pitifully godawful in those drawn games against Benevento/Crotone/Verona. 6 points thrown away against teams who were playing in Serie B last season (and Verona the season before last)
Guys, for the unlucky Lazio game, we rode our luck vs Roma.

This team just sucks on mental level. It seems to me they're totally capable of playing well and winning but they don't want it enough. You can't start the Fiorentina game the way it started and I'm talking about everything that happened before Cuads red.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
No team has achieved (or will achieve) what we have over the last 9 years. It's extraordinary. Maybe I am overreacting, yes. But with our roster, I really don't see a reason why this year would be the year to lose a title to Inter or Milan, who, as I said before, are lightyears behind us from both a sporting and financial perspective. Covid or not. I would consider it a colossal upset; we are simply that much better than them.
Those teams simply don't care about Europe, and it makes a huge difference.
In a normal season, our roster is good enough to take both competitions seriously, but this year, it's a lot more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 320)