Serie A 2020-21 (7 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElApache

Mar 19, 2015
Serie A clubs not in a good financial state. Only surviving because they found billionaire owners who are willing to inject a lot of money in the clubs; business operating model is pretty reckless.

Roma have confirmed losses of €204m, the second highest figure in the history of Italian football after Inter’s €207m in 2006-07.
https://www.football-italia.net/160274/roma-ran-204m-euro-loss

Milan have confirmed losses of €195m but state the result is in line with the club's expectations.
https://www.football-italia.net/160356/milan-ran-€195m-euro-loss
This is partly due to the delayed payments for broadcasting rights.
All the Serie A clubs report smaller broadcast revenue than usual due to the games that were postponed to July and August.
It will be transferred to this season's revenue.

Buy on AliExpress.com

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
This is partly due to the delayed payments for broadcasting rights.
All the Serie A clubs report smaller broadcast revenue than usual due to the games that were postponed to July and August.
It will be transferred to this season's revenue.
Makes sense that broadcast revenue be recognized in 20/21 as matches were played in the latter half of the year. But then the costs like salaries should be in 20/21 as well. I know Juve deferred the salaries, I didn't follow Milan or Roma regarding that. Also them being loss-making isn't a one-time thing.
Calcio Finanza made a report a few days back.
Over 10 years, the Rossoneri ran at an astonishing loss of €914.5m.

That’s almost double the next club down, Roma, who lost €527.2m, followed by Inter on €470.3m and Juventus on €281.5m.
https://www.football-italia.net/160390/only-four-serie-clubs-made-profit-over-10-years
Before that the Milan clubs were loss-making as well, Berlusconi and Moratti used to cover them.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
https://www.football-italia.net/160460/serie-studies-options-2020-21

Meanwhile, Serie A waits for the sports judge to decide on Juventus-Napoli and if the 3-0 defeat by default is not given, the League fears other teams will ask for postponements and for this reason the play-off hypothesis becomes increasingly more concrete.

--------------------

Well, De Laurentis obviously had a plan all along.

Since he's been losing to Juve for 9 years, he wants play-offs. It's the only chance for them or some other team to win the league.

Few weeks ago he even openly talked about play-offs.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Makes sense that broadcast revenue be recognized in 20/21 as matches were played in the latter half of the year. But then the costs like salaries should be in 20/21 as well. I know Juve deferred the salaries, I didn't follow Milan or Roma regarding that. Also them being loss-making isn't a one-time thing.

https://www.football-italia.net/160390/only-four-serie-clubs-made-profit-over-10-years
Before that the Milan clubs were loss-making as well, Berlusconi and Moratti used to cover them.
I've heard all Spanish clubs besides Real and Barcelona are also unstable financially.

ElApache

Mar 19, 2015

It's true that Roma and Milan would be making enormous losses even without corona.
But it's worth pointing out that the lower broadcast revenue make it seem even worse than it is not only in their cases but also ours.

As for salaries, players are normally payed for all 12 months . They won't receieve more than the usual July and August salaries.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Glik earns more than Gomez..
They have a fantastic wage bill but they will find it hard to keep their players
they don’t want to keep them, it’s against Atalanta business model
And I’d wager there is no single irreplaceable player for them, even King Papu.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Its hilarious that inter pay conte 12m a year! How the fuck can he make 10m more the other coaches? It also means they are stuck with him, no matter what results or what he says bc the costs of getting rid of him are simply too high. Conte is a 1-2 season max coach. After that he has exhusted himself and the club to a breaking point. Hope he stays at inter for 10years

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Its hilarious that inter pay conte 12m a year! How the fuck can he make 10m more the other coaches? It also means they are stuck with him, no matter what results or what he says bc the costs of getting rid of him are simply too high. Conte is a 1-2 season max coach. After that he has exhusted himself and the club to a breaking point. Hope he stays at inter for 10years
on top of that they have a squad full of old players on hefty contracts... oh marotta

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yup, this season is do or die for Inter.

And I expect them to kick Conte in the butt in May.
I keep saying this to myself each year, we MUST win the league because of x

one year its because of sarri's napoli
the next its the first year of VAR
This year I really want us to fuck inter's short term plans and ruining them long term financially.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I keep saying this to myself each year, we MUST win the league because of x

one year its because of sarri's napoli
the next its the first year of VAR
This year I really want us to fuck inter's short term plans and ruining them long term financially.
True. This year, my main motivation is that a lot of neutrals are predicting Inter to win the title.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
True. This year, my main motivation is that a lot of neutrals are predicting Inter to win the title.
I never get bored with the excuses these losers make each year. Always blaming Juve for all their troubles. Frankly I'm loving it, how any Juve fan could say they're bored of winning the league is beyond me. Would love to cap it off with a CL trophy to shut everyone up once and for all.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Literally the most popular activity on the planet should never have any financial problems no matter what; something is being done wrongly from the get-go.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
How's that diff from past seasons (other than inte* incrementally improving every season)?

- - - Updated - - -

Conte for whatever million was (still is) still a coup for inte*

- - - Updated - - -

I never get bored with the excuses these losers make each year. Always blaming Juve for all their troubles. Frankly I'm loving it, how any Juve fan could say they're bored of winning the league is beyond me. Would love to cap it off with a CL trophy to shut everyone up once and for all.
Lack of perspective (and habit of bitching). I always say they'll realize it yrs later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)