Serie A 2019/20 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I see people getting excited because Inter finished 1 point behind us.

Officially they might have, realistically they blew their own chances and our league season finished some rounds ago, despite our best efforts (partly due to the schedule / fitness and availability, partly Sarri) to drag it out and fuck it up. Couldn't give a shit about 6 points thrown away in these final two games.

They've clearly closed the gap, but the gap was fucking huge because they were shit for years. They've improved their side and will again, but I would be very disappointed if next season they are even 6 points behind us.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
immobile matched piggy's record.

higuain scored 3 penalty goals that season. immobile is currently at 14. he can thank figc for this retarded application of the handball rule.
Higuain's tally is far, far more impressive because of that. If Immobile (or Ronaldo) had broken it then it's there in the record books but people can tell the difference.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
In 2018/2019 Inter finished with 69 points on the 4th place, with 9 losses, 57 goals scored and 33 conceded, with the GD +24, having 21 points less than champions.
In 2019/2020 they finished with 82 points (+13) on the 2nd place (+2), with 4 losses (-5), 81 goals scored (+24) and 36 conceded (+3), with GD +45 (+21), having 1 point less than champions.

Even though they weren't real title contenders in the second half of the season, they improved their situation drastically. And since their management are probably just typical management looking at Excel spreadsheets first, this just "1 point to the title" situation, considering all the obvious improvements in the rest of numbers, will probably make them more willing to spend more on the transfer market to finally close the gap and to aim at the title for real next season.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I see people getting excited because Inter finished 1 point behind us.

Officially they might have, realistically they blew their own chances and our league season finished some rounds ago, despite our best efforts (partly due to the schedule / fitness and availability, partly Sarri) to drag it out and fuck it up. Couldn't give a shit about 6 points thrown away in these final two games.

They've clearly closed the gap, but the gap was fucking huge because they were shit for years. They've improved their side and will again, but I would be very disappointed if next season they are even 6 points behind us.
1 point difference says nothing, the Scudetto was sealed the minute Juve-Atalanta was finished.

Also, if this +1 relaxes Sunning, even better for us.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Inter, Napoli, Milan (but won't maintain current form) to improve. Maybe Roma too if they keep Zaniolo. Sass could be the surprise if they keep their core.

Lazio and Atalanta to regress. Maybe us too if we keep Sarri.
I dont expect Atalanta to finish outside top 4. They will probably get some fine players too with CHL money. Roma is too inconsistent even if they keep Zaniolo, while Napoli could be another surprise.
1. Juve
2. Inter
3. Atalanta
4. Lazio/Roma/Napoli/Sass
Milan to have another crappy season :xfingers:

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Another one result of this Serie A season for Juventus is that nobody's afraid of this team anymore. Even small clubs know that they can win against this side if they try hard enough.

In the previous seasons Juventus won a lot of games before they even started. Those winning streaks, clean sheets, and hopelessness the opponents felt when they conceded just one goal probably gave Juventus a dozen points each year. Now it's all gone, and it won't be easy to restore.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Atalanta scored 98 goals this season, I checked that it's highest in last 10 years. Where does that rank in all-time Serie A for number of goals scored by a club in 38 matches season?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Another one result of this Serie A season for Juventus is that nobody's afraid of this team anymore. Even small clubs know that they can win against this side if they try hard enough.

In the previous seasons Juventus won a lot of games before they even started. Those winning streaks, clean sheets, and hopelessness the opponents felt when they conceded just one goal probably gave Juventus a dozen points each year. Now it's all gone, and it won't be easy to restore.
Bro, I might be optimistic but it could work in our favor. Maybe the teams would open up more. And even on a psychological level, you know it gotta fuck the league up when even with all this shit happening we still won it ffs, that in itself is exactly what you're referring to -- that feeling of inevitibility when it comes to Juve and Scudetto.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Atalanta scored 98 goals this season, I checked that it's highest in last 10 years. Where does that rank in all-time Serie A for number of goals scored by a club in 38 matches season?
7th

after the war, there were some seasons played with 20/21 teams, and those saw some incredibly high scoring teams. there was a year with all 3 teams on the podium scored 3 digits, ridiculous.

since the latest change in the number of teams in 2004, only 3 teams reached 90: napoli and roma in '17, plus atalanta this season.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

That's what happens when you hire a chain-smoking clown/bus driver who moonlights as a pseudo football coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)