Serie A 2019/20 (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Surely the playoffs would be towards the end of the season when the big CL games would take place. I'd rather avoid games to win the title at the same time as a CL quarter, semi or final.
The added pressure could keep us on our toes.
It's very strange when you have to play real midweek and then you go to spal in 3 days .
You go from a have to win to a somehow meaningless match.in the span of a week.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis confirms: "We are working with the Federation towards the path of Serie A play-offs & play-outs, to break up the damaging consistency of the last nine years"

What the fuck? Hahahahaha
Joke? League has always been round robin tournament and no relevant football league has playoffs. Whoever crosses the line first is a champion. Either way, we would still win 20 in a row because Serie A is in our DNA. It sounds cheezy but I really believe we have the upper hand due to our mentality. I feel like this brings us +10 points per season. No matter how much media and other fans are building up chances of other teams to dethrone us, eventually they crumble because they cant deal with the pressure. The funny thing is, the pressure they created in the first place. The closest we were to losing the title was in 2015/16 when we had horrendous start. I was sure then if we make up the point difference and win the title, this will be in the back of the mind of any challenging team, their coaches and players and it will break them at some point. We did unthinkable that season which I feel made Napoli choke in 2017/18, when they had all but one hand on the title.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What the fuck is damaging consistency?
Why the fuck doesnr our management ever say anything? Damaging who exactly?
What if they change the rules and you continue to dominate what will they then do? Change it back? Cry more?

Btw why are Italians so sour losers? If they want changes then man up and win the league ffs
And we will too.

- - - Updated - - -

Well playoff arent so bad. We have 20 teams in serie A. Then first 10 teams fight for title, and Europe, last 10 teams fight for relegation. It would be fun.
It would be extra unnececcary games where anything can happen. Then watch the said ADL cry how his team is exhausted.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Great news, would hate to see another relevant Black & White club.

And I would love to see big money at Roma :tup:
I just don't want to see soulless English clubs like Tottenham and City gatecrash their way into Europe.
Of course, Newcastle fans are a passionate bunch, but I would hate to see that oil money prop them up.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I just don't want to see soulless English clubs like Tottenham and City gatecrash their way into Europe.
Of course, Newcastle fans are a passionate bunch, but I would hate to see that oil money prop them up.
Fuck their passion!

What are the chances that this deal failed because of low oil prices?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Why the fuck doesnr our management ever say anything? Damaging who exactly?
And we will too.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be extra unnececcary games where anything can happen. Then watch the said ADL cry how his team is exhausted.
Im glad Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke, Gladbach, Leipzig and such have some style and honour so they don’t go down on the level of the likes of Napoli, Lazio and Inter

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I took a look on my country`s betting site and it has some interesting options IMO.
Could anyone who likes to bet share his opinion about Serie A upcoming games?
Genoa Verona , Lecce Parma and ours vs Roma

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Allright considering the season is as good as done I'm curious to the 'team of the season' you'll go with here in this thread.

I thought about mine and came up with these. Bentancur is probably a biased choice but I had to include a Juve player apart from CR7. Difficult choice between him and Calhanoglu in post-Covid form
Handanovic
De Vrij - Acerbi - Theo Hernandez
Luis Alberto - Bentancur - SMS - Gosens
Papu Gomez - Immobile - CR7

With honourable mentions to: Woj, Bonucci, Ilicic, Lukaku, Berardi and Calhanoglu post-Covid

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Allright considering the season is as good as done I'm curious to the 'team of the season' you'll go with here in this thread.

I thought about mine and came up with these. Bentancur is probably a biased choice but I had to include a Juve player apart from CR7. Difficult choice between him and Calhanoglu in post-Covid form
Handanovic
De Vrij - Acerbi - Theo Hernandez
Luis Alberto - Bentancur - SMS - Gosens
Papu Gomez - Immobile - CR7

With honourable mentions to: Woj, Bonucci, Ilicic, Lukaku, Berardi and Calhanoglu post-Covid
No Dybala?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)