Serie A 2019/20 (118 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Did you forget to take your meds?
I have seen where we were hot favorites for the UCL and yet we lost eg Hamburg and Dortmund. We lost the scudetto despite having a 9 point lead in 2000 or 2001.
Don’t forget the losses we had this yr. We were lucky with Atalanta's poor early form and COVID-19.

Last edited:

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Not really sarcastic. Just being a fan (since 1983) who has learned not to take things for granted.
Well everything can happen in football (Leicester for example) but our team is getting stronger and stronger, there is no way we are going to be worse than this year , our team is strong bar midfield,but with Arthur and another mf we will improve . Our future looks bright:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I have seen where we were hot favorites for the UCL and yet we lost eg Hamburg and Dortmund. We lost the scudetto despite having a 9 point lead in 2000 or 2001.
Don’t forget the losses we had this yr. We were lucky with Atalanta's poor early form and COVID-19.
We lost 4 games in the league.
We lost fewer games in 4 of the remaining 8 scudetti.
I know people say this is our worst scudetto performance, but based on points so far, we'll get to around 90 points, which is about better than half the seasons during our scudetto run.

Also, how are CL and league results from 20 years ago more relevant than the scudetto trends for the last 5-10 years?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Don't compare CL format with a league format; 9 out of 10 times a league is won by the strongest squad on paper.

In a cup format anything can happen, and any team can beat anyone on a given day.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
It's the only way we can win the trophy. Can't lose a CL final if there isn't one.
That is why the cup format is better. You dont win a thing by bully weak opponent and play snatch/sneaky against strong opponent
8 scudetto might be 9 , it is just us bullying others in Serie A. and now the opponent getting more closer than ever in their gap with us
Succesfull mercato is something we must do to enlarge that gap again by getting the best players of our opponents

Sometimes to win that kind of cup format you need coach that can instill your players, put the right message to their head
That is why coaching NT is different with club coaches, especially in big tourney like World Cup, Euro, Copa America

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Conte: 'Second is just first for losers'

“Second place is meaningless in my eyes, it’s just first for losers,” noted Conte. “Some settle for that, but not me. I don’t want my players to settle for that either.”

:lol:

You will get used to it for years to come, just wait and see. With many excuses you will settle for that second place every year. You will talk about the refs, the schedule, the short squad, bla, bla...

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
That is why the cup format is better. You dont win a thing by bully weak opponent and play snatch/sneaky against strong opponent
8 scudetto might be 9 , it is just us bullying others in Serie A. and now the opponent getting more closer than ever in their gap with us
Succesfull mercato is something we must do to enlarge that gap again by getting the best players of our opponents

Sometimes to win that kind of cup format you need coach that can instill your players, put the right message to their head
That is why coaching NT is different with club coaches, especially in big tourney like World Cup, Euro, Copa America
Bro, you can win cl by luck. You can't win a league by being lucky. You win it by having the best squad.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Luck have their say in this game of football, either that in CL(cup competition) or League. But luck will only get you to certain point
spirit of the players, better preparation and better team will determine the outcome

I even have already seen how Mourinho instruct 2 of his players to get red card in UCL after they lead 4-0 against Ajax when he coach RM
So both players can rest for next UCL match and lost their yellow card counting, that is a sneaky strategy and probably hurt the fairplay
But this move will give them better preparation and better team to field against strong opponent and they took it

In UCL, Milan lead 3-0 in first half , just to see Liverpool to beat them with 3 goals in 2nd half then ET and penalty shootout
In this case the spirit of Liverpool made this happen
Another final, Bayern lead 1-0, with Manchester United win with 2 goal in injury time
I don't say that is luck, that is determination and never give up attitude

But in UCL, you can get to final because easy draw (this is luck) while the other strong team killing each other, key opponent player suspended (players' foolish), key opponent player injured. But in league this can happen too, easy fixtures to build team form, player injured and suspended

I can say Lazio are really unlucky this year because of covid break, they just drop point here and there, they looks like another team after covid
But others can say that they dont have the best squad, and that it is still true. and we will never know what the outcome if there are no covid break

If we can imagine, maybe we lost again vs Lyon (leg 2), then after that match Sarri will be sack and we hire the only available coach Pochettino
Then it will be a race that win by Lazio, Atalanta, we only come on 3rd place. But still give Poch chance to rebuild for next year. who knows and no one know because that never happened

The only difference is the Final Game that determined everything in cup format
Just like I said above spirit of the players, better preparation and better team will determine the outcome
Before the final game every players have their imagination how they played that game, but only 1 reality that stood out and everyone in the world must accept that reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)