Serie A 2019/20 (102 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Am I the only one who is not the least bit excited about restarting Serie A (and later on CL)?

I still might end up watching one or two games, but football without fans, atmosphere, etc just doesn't do it for me.
Its certainly not exciting, but better then nothing. As someone who been football deprived too long and watched Bundesliga games lately, you get used to no fans part after few games. But yeah its lifeless buzzkill, but its enough to focus on the football itself.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Why do I have a feeling this will all get canceled again?
The first real test will be after the first three games, my guess is if Lazio slips out vs Ata, Fio and/or Torino and gets 4 or more pts behind someone will report a positive case in their club and will try to cancel or suspend the championship again.

Also, Lecce, Genoa and Samp wouldnt mind to report a positive player in their squad if they find themselves closer to Brescia and Serie B, needless to say they would all prefer to cancel the Serie A and start the next season with the same set of 20 clubs, no relegation or promotion, they couldnt care less about who the champion is and who plays in CL or EL.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Am I the only one who is not the least bit excited about restarting Serie A (and later on CL)?

I still might end up watching one or two games, but football without fans, atmosphere, etc just doesn't do it for me.
Good point. But I'll stile take it. Can't live without Juve

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

legit concerns. i started to watch some bundesliga matches and turned them off pretty shortly. but it's juventus and serie a, so i'm still interested. i grew up following juve in newspapers, i still appreciate to have the opportunity to watch matches. :boh: but yeah, it's gonna be some soulless crap, i'm sure of it.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
legit concerns. i started to watch some bundesliga matches and turned them off pretty shortly. but it's juventus and serie a, so i'm still interested. i grew up following juve in newspapers, i still appreciate to have the opportunity to watch matches. :boh: but yeah, it's gonna be some soulless crap, i'm sure of it.
I didnt watch Bundesliga even with fans. I watch only Juve games for 90 mins. Not even CHL games cant watch full unless Juve is playing.

Apr 15, 2006
Frankly, we should be coming up with tech that adds simulated crowd sounds to the livestream based on the number of viewers watching the stream. Should be easy to leverage AI and software development to livestreams the virtual stadiums and add the atmosphere artificially. For all our creativity, I dunno how no one has come up with this already, especially considering we'll have closed door matches for at least the rest of this year. Humanity is really disappointing sometimes.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
The first real test will be after the first three games, my guess is if Lazio slips out vs Ata, Fio and/or Torino and gets 4 or more pts behind someone will report a positive case in their club and will try to cancel or suspend the championship again.

Also, Lecce, Genoa and Samp wouldnt mind to report a positive player in their squad if they find themselves closer to Brescia and Serie B, needless to say they would all prefer to cancel the Serie A and start the next season with the same set of 20 clubs, no relegation or promotion, they couldnt care less about who the champion is and who plays in CL or EL.
I don't think the other clubs would be so enthusiastic about resigning from the TV money due to the early cancellation. Plus, I think we'll be seeing the quarantine shortened to 7 days sooner than season cancelled.

- - - Updated - - -

Frankly, we should be coming up with tech that adds simulated crowd sounds to the livestream based on the number of viewers watching the stream. Should be easy to leverage AI and software development to livestreams the virtual stadiums and add the atmosphere artificially. For all our creativity, I dunno how no one has come up with this already, especially considering we'll have closed door matches for at least the rest of this year. Humanity is really disappointing sometimes.
They're opening stadiums in Russia this summer. All the rest will follow.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Honestly, I would hate if that became the "new normal". Until the fans can return play with the empty stadium and add the fake noise or whatever. But don't make that a permanent thing.

Apr 15, 2006
Honestly, I would hate if that became the "new normal". Until the fans can return play with the empty stadium and add the fake noise or whatever. But don't make that a permanent thing.
It's temporary until the virus gets fully contained or we get vaccinated, which is still at least a year away. And if we plan to have CL games too, then matches behind closed doors are absolutely necessary. I see a good business opportunity here that can be in demand for a year.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It's temporary until the virus gets fully contained or we get vaccinated, which is still at least a year away. And if we plan to have CL games too, then matches behind closed doors are absolutely necessary. I see a good business opportunity here that can be in demand for a year.
I'd like to think the fans would return sooner than that.

But they're already adding the fake noise. I'm not sure why they would want to vary the level of noise based on the number of viewers, they'd probably want to recreate the best possible "atmosphere" whether it's 250 people tuned into a Coppa Italia game or a CL final.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tare: 'Could consider Milinkovic offer'
By Football Italia staff

Lazio director Igli Tare admits they are prepared to ‘take into consideration’ an offer that suits both them and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, while Gonzalo Escalante is arriving from Eibar.
The Aquile are currently one point behind Serie A leaders Juventus and still in with a shot of the Scudetto, not to mention Champions League qualification.
“Lazio certainly do not need to sell at the moment,” Tare told Sky Sport Italia.
“I think a lot will change on the transfer market, because the pandemic is a once in a lifetime occurrence that transformed everything, so we have to be creative, but above all very clear on our planning for the present and future.”
The director already stated that Ciro Immobile is not for sale, despite Napoli interest, while Milinkovic-Savic is targeted by Inter, Juventus, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain.
“Milinkovic-Savic’s rapport with the city and Lazio will never die, because it has grown over the years. On the other hand, considering the situation, his desires, all the things we talked about, every situation will be evaluated at the opportune moment without pressure, but above all for the good of all concerned.
“If there is a situation that makes the club and player happy, it will be taken into consideration. If there is not, then he is happy and we are very happy for him to stay.”
Tare was asked if the Milinkovic-Savic price-tag remains at a minimum of €100m?
“I am not very good at thinking up numbers… One thing is for sure, he is a top level player.”
Lazio have also been heavily linked with Watford striker Luis Suarez.
“We will soon announce the arrival of a new signing, midfielder Gonzalo Escalante from Eibar, who in my view will bring the right experience and characteristics to this Lazio team.
“We’ll evaluate along with the coach and make moves at the right time. It’s dangerous to discuss transfers now, because we could make history this season and need the utmost concentration to bring this dream home.”

------

Come on Paratici...

Apr 15, 2006
I'd like to think the fans would return sooner than that.

But they're already adding the fake noise. I'm not sure why they would want to vary the level of noise based on the number of viewers, they'd probably want to recreate the best possible "atmosphere" whether it's 250 people tuned into a Coppa Italia game or a CL final.
Call it dynamic fan interaction rather than just static crowd noise. You don't just cheer, you can applaud, chat player names or team songs, groans for penalty misses and wild cheers for goals n stuff. Basically your Twitter feed during a live game, but translated into sound that actually fits well instead of sounding out of place.

Goddamit, I need to patent this shit ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)