Serie A 2019/20 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Idiots not only put a terrible Zebina there, but put him in as CB and not RB. Could put thuram CB, or just use the Blanc u mentioned, he was voted best player in Inter when they were filled with stars.

And Vieira makes sense, not that many CMs French CMs (Youri Djorkaeff, Boghossian, Cauet, Dacourt?), and he won a title every season.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
And Vieira makes sense, not that many CMs French CMs (Youri Djorkaeff, Boghossian, Cauet, Dacourt?), and he won a title every season.
He won trophies but the only year he was an important part of the squad was with us. Maybe his first merda year too. He played in 20, 16, 19, 12 games in Serie A for merda and 4, 3, 3, 2 in Europe. They didn't need to put another CM in the squad at all as they already had Didier, Zidane, Platini and Pogba who was listed as CAM but could be a normal CM. Could have just got another forward. They even considered Pierre-Papin but instead of Pogba for some reason.

I just feel that Vieira was more of an dissapointment after his glorious Arsenal years. Maybe if Farsopoli never happened things would be different.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He won trophies but the only year he was an important part of the squad was with us. Maybe his first merda year too. He played in 20, 16, 19, 12 games in Serie A for merda and 4, 3, 3, 2 in Europe. They didn't need to put another CM in the squad at all as they already had Didier, Zidane, Platini and Pogba who was listed as CAM but could be a normal CM. Could have just got another forward. They even considered Pierre-Papin but instead of Pogba for some reason.

I just feel that Vieira was more of an dissapointment after his glorious Arsenal years. Maybe if Farsopoli never happened things would be different.
Vieira was already past his prime when he joined us. At InDa even worse.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was past his best, but he was close to a top player still. Papin was a flop for Milan, and most of other names you can think of in midfield are mid level players, no one you can take over Vieira.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
More like "what is Vieira doing there?"
Apparently he established himself as a top class midfielder at Inter :lol2::lol2:

I don't think this Richard Hall ever watched him play in Italy. He didn't make it at Milan as a kid (no issue there), he was average at Juve when he joined at 29 - even if he was one of the best CMs at the time - and at Inter he was a veteran player who didn't really make much of an impact.

Truth be told his legs had gone by the time he joined Juve. Arsenal knew that, we maybe didn't care as he didn't have to run as much in Serie A. He'd get in any PL French XI for sure, and would be a fair bet for a PL XI, but he shouldn't be in any Serie A XI.

Get rid of a CDM and put Djorkaeff in there. Hell, I'd put Cauet or Boghossian in there before Vieira.

I'd also get rid of Zebina altogether (CB?) and put Mexes in there, as temperamental and unfulfilled a talent as he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)