Serie A 2019/20 (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
there is no fair or even good way to do this which is why, if serie A cant resume in its normal state, title not assigned is the best outcome imo.
2/3 of the games are played so forfeiting it seems the least fair of all options. Even deciding a winner based on current standings seems more fair...

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Any type of playoff is not a fair option for me, doesnt matter how many clubs are involved, there are still 12 games to be played and Juve has the biggest advantage, we are first and also have superiour and extremely experienced players with tons of silverware won over the years, and at the zenith of the campaign chances are exactly those type of players to show balls and get the results needed for the title.

Also, next round is Atalanta Lazio, or round that should be next, who`s to say that a 1/4finalist in CL wont defeat Lazio and rattle them in a way that potentially can ruin their season, they havent lost in like 6 months, the way a team reacts after a loss is what defines how serious and concentrated on the main target that team is, Lazio is flying high, but an upset here and there in the most important part of the season might end their journey for the title, even put them in a fight for the third place.

Inter has a long history of shooting themselves at the foot so odds are they fuck things up again, they are a draw away from waving the white flag.

Either they find a way the games to be played till the last round or dont assign the title for me, Euros can be moved to 2021 for all I care!

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Atalanta would be happy to have that playoff. They could make a random challenge for the scudetto and their CL place would be secured and Roma (who are 3 points behind them) would just have to suck it up.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Here's a simple and fair solution. The first 18 teams participate in playoffs for scudetto in a fun series of 5-minute games. The last 18 teams participate in similar playoffs for relegation. If the same team wins scudetto and gets relegated at the same time, the consequences will be the following: everyone has a great laugh, and Inter gets automatically relegated to Serie C2.

But since some people might think it would be unfair for Inter, they will be offered an alternative solution: if Inter agree that their players form a choir and sing Juventus hymn before each of Inter's game, during the half-time breaks, and after each game, they will be relegated only to Serie C1.

Also, if Atalanta wins scudetto, it will be automatically assigned to Juventus, because it's not enough to have one scudetto-winning performance to actually get scudetto if you're Atalanta. That's just the rule, I didn't invent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)