Serie A 2019/20 (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I’m all for the playoffs. It gives the season some closure, unlike the current madness. Also, adds legitimacy to our win if we go ahead and do so.

Plus, it takes away the whining from other teams if they go by the current table. Especially since Inter have played a game less. And let’s be honest, if we weren’t top of the league, we would not want the current table topper to be awarded the title either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But how do we do the play-offs? With 3 teams? With 4 teams?
Do they all play each other or there are draws for a semifinal. Can Atalanta win the scudetto by beating teams on penalties, despite being 15 points behind Juve with 12-13 rounds to go?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
a playoff is a gift to Lazio, their squad is not as good as ours, and they definitively will lag behind if the league plays on a regular basis
Possibly. But if the season continues in April and we're still in CL, while having to play more frequently in Serie A, we will also face problems.

Imo, they should wait with the decision until April. If the situation is still bad, then not assigning the scudetto is correct, as unfair as it is for Juve and Lazio (as main favorites for the scudetto). If the situation is better and the season can continue, then the solution is not to start the EURO at all, or to start it later.
Playoffs are the worst solution, especially if all teams in the playoffs start with equal points.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
There is no way they will assigne us the Scudetto because we are top of the table now. Lotito is too strong in Italy, he would turn the country upside down for the play-offs.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
There is no way they will assigne us the Scudetto because we are top of the table now. Lotito is too strong in Italy, he would turn the country upside down for the play-offs.
You sound like an Inter fan here.

I dont want them to assign us Scudetto because there are 12 games to be played.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Playoffs seem fair to me. We might not have the option to finish the league naturally and you cant assign a winner drawing a line after half a season, so playoffs is a decent choice, I prefer that over not ending the season.

I hope they do a 3 team tournament who play each other once and top2 qualify for grand finale. Atalanta dont deserve a playoff spot, they were never even near a scudetto race discussion until corona.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
FIGC President Gabriele Gravina explains his plans for a four-team Scudetto play-off if the Serie A season cannot be finished on time due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

The Government has ordered the suspension of all sporting events until April 3, as players cannot have their health and safety guaranteed in these circumstances.

“We hope that the season can be concluded as planned, because if we do resume on April 3, there are certain windows to make up for these postponed games,” said Gravina.

“I took it upon myself to launch the idea of play-offs and play-outs, helping to respect the values of sporting competition. It would involve the four top teams in the play-off for the Scudetto and the last four in the play-outs to decide relegation.

“The FIGC will then indicate to UEFA who will participate in the European competitions next season.”

The top four as things stand are Juventus, Lazio, Inter and Atalanta.

As for the bottom four, it means three out of Lecce, Genoa, SPAL and Brescia would be relegated.

The other alternatives would be to not assign the Scudetto at all, or to accept the table as it stands after 26 rounds, even though some teams have only played 25 games.

“It was a sad meeting, because we are aware that we’ve taken away something that makes Italians happy and can distract them from the current situation, but we had to show great responsibility in this decision.”

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
2/10. Way too composed and not near enough nicknames
True :D

But I do think a playoff system where points are carried is only fair. We can't start from 0. We've already beaten Inter twice and lost to Lazio once, so give us 6 points and we can play Lazio twice and Inter once more, or play each team once. I don't really care either way.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Its Italy so whatever is decided would be heavily criticized at first and then based on the outcome there would be only two options - if Juventus ends up winning everyone would shout mafia corrupt league campionato falsato Agnelli operates and pulls the strings unfair title undeserved thieves etc, if someone else ends up winning it would be welcomed and labeled a fair and honest Scudetto, most deserved one, again thrashing on the mafia Rubentus club, people would insist that Agnelli influenced the Federation into choosing that exact way of determining the champion and yet it didnt went as planed and fixed and paid for and the honest fairplay club won regardless of the evil mafia organization...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)