Serie A 2019/20 (57 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
what a stupid mistake from pellegrini again. he's still very raw for weekly consistency, but i'd take him back as a depth option.

Nov 3, 2019
Whats the difference between Atalanta players and our players
Its the SPEED guys! Look how fast the players and how quick they passing the ball. Pjanic Matuidi Ramsey Rabiot Bentacur are slow turtles compared to them. Our only fast players are Dybala, Ronaldo, maybe Cuadrado and Speedy Costa. Of course we dont have to have 11 fast players but when the midfield - the heart of any team- is moving like a dead cat we cant play fast attacking football.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We can, its about the system and how they are drilled. If you look at Atalanta's players individually they arent really fast except Papu, Muriel and Zapata. Their CMs arent fast, traditional hardworking slower types. They wingbacks have some pace, but Sandro and Cuadrado would eat them up in a race.

Its really about how they are drilled to play together, constant movement and with such feverish sacrficing purpose. Its not about as much about their pace but their stamina.

Trust me except some of their attackers, Gasparini would rather have most of our players in mobility.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sarri is trying to get us to play at speed but 5 months in it's not working, so that's partly on him. If players aren't fit then it's something else to look at.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We can, its about the system and how they are drilled. If you look at Atalanta's players individually they arent really fast except Papu, Muriel and Zapata. Their CMs arent fast, traditional hardworking slower types. They wingbacks have some pace, but Sandro and Cuadrado would eat them up in a race.

Its really about how they are drilled to play together, constant movement and with such feverish sacrficing purpose. Its not about as much about their pace but their stamina.

Trust me except some of their attackers, Gasparini would rather have most of our players in mobility.
:tup:

We played with a lot more pace, quick passing, and movement in 16-17 and 17-18 with our 4-2-3-1 with speed demons like Mandzukic, Higuain, Khedira, Pjanic as core members of the starting XI.

It’s up to the coach to get his players to buy into his tactics and ideas, and to motivate them to sacrifice with intensity if that is what he wants to see on the pitch.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
:tup:

We played with a lot more pace, quick passing, and movement in 16-17 and 17-18 with our 4-2-3-1 with speed demons like Mandzukic, Higuain, Khedira, Pjanic as core members of the starting XI.

It’s up to the coach to get his players to buy into his tactics and ideas, and to motivate them to sacrifice with intensity if that is what he wants to see on the pitch.
Do you think Gasp would manage to motivate and make our players play faster football? (not being ironic, asking ur opinion).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Do you think Gasp would manage to motivate and make our players play faster football? (not being ironic, asking ur opinion).
I agree with @kappa96 Some coaches suit smaller clubs better. They get them to outperform lower expectations but have trouble with managing stars and outsized expectations at the bigger clubs.

This is why I’d rather not be taking chances on 60+ year old coaches with no history of winning or managing big teams. If we aren’t able to sign an already top level coach, I’d rather we take a chance on a young coach, on the rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 53)