Serie A 2019/20 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I agree with @kappa96 Some coaches suit smaller clubs better. They get them to outperform lower expectations but have trouble with managing stars and outsized expectations at the bigger clubs.

This is why I’d rather not be taking chances on 60+ year old coaches with no history of winning or managing big teams. If we aren’t able to sign an already top level coach, I’d rather we take a chance on a young coach, on the rise.
But you like Inzaghi?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But you like Inzaghi?
Like I said, young and rising talent on the bench. I think he’s done an excellent job for Lazio. 3 pieces of silverware for Lazio during this era of Juve dominance (tinpot trophies, of course). Could he flop at a big club? Sure. But he could also grow further into a fantastic top level coach, which I don’t see happening with coaches already 60+. What you see is what you get with an old-timer.

Our current coach has already told the press two months into the season that he may retire after this job. I’d rather not be hiring coaches, with empty trophy cabinets who are already pondering retirement. Seems like a dearth of motivation and ambition could be an issue there.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I don't think Inzaghi is a viable option this summer. I'd be surprised if he leaves Lazio with them having CL footie next season.
When Juve come calling it would be foolish to say no. You might not get the opportunity again, though wanting to prove yourself with Lazio in cl is a good option and a safer one, bottling it in the competition means that you kinda become a joke. As he already was appaling in the Europa league, that would mean that he isn't cut out for a bigger job.

Jun 6, 2015
When Juve come calling it would be foolish to say no. You might not get the opportunity again, though wanting to prove yourself with Lazio in cl is a good option and a safer one, bottling it in the competition means that you kinda become a joke. As he already was appaling in the Europa league, that would mean that he isn't cut out for a bigger job.
He isn't just some random dude coaching Lazio though. There is a strong bond between Inzaghi and Lazio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)