Serie A 2019/20 (74 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's ridiculous but what if the article focused on blue eyed players with headline "Blue crystals battle" , or blond players with headline "Gold rush for the top". So, is that racist too?

I can agree it is stupid and unnecessary but racist?
That's the point. Of course they wouldn't.

They'd never focus on two white players being white (why would they ffs) like they do with two black players being black.

- - - Updated - - -

...but unfortunately for me I'm kinda whitey.
Kinda whitey or kinda olive?

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think the same way. There is nothing wrong with being black or white. And if someone points out that another person is black or white - so what? I honestly would prefer to have more melanin on my skin so I wouldn't worry that much for skin cancer, but unfortunately for me I'm kinda whitey.
every team has black players at this point so every time two teams play on a Friday, is it okay to write a headline saying “Black Friday”? It’s an unnecessary title and it is racist, even if it’s not trying to be.

and let’s not ignore context here, Italy is a racist country, this is not helping that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
every team has black players at this point so every time two teams play on a Friday, is it okay to write a headline saying “Black Friday”? It’s an unnecessary title and it is racist, even if it’s not trying to be.

and let’s not ignore context here, Italy is a racist country, this is not helping that.
you're right. Imagine they were hyping up Lazio - Napoli with a picture of strakosha and hysaj on the cover under the title "Dog Day Afternoon".

completely unacceptable :disagree:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They are race realists, their country will survive because of that
:lol: yeah look how great they’re doing

- - - Updated - - -

you're right. Imagine they were hyping up Lazio - Napoli with a picture of strakosha and hysaj on the cover under the title "Dog Day Afternoon".

completely unacceptable :disagree:
it’s too bad Jewish players aren’t any good because I have no comeback to this

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I agree that it is stupid and unnecessary, but I don't see how it is racist. If they focused on two short players and came up with a title "Light weight speedy contest" or focused on older players "Legionnaires veterans on the field" or tall players " Clash of Titans" - will this be insulting?

I give up on this discussion but I feel people are becoming more and more thin-skinned and the context is all about the evils of white people in the SJW media.

And I agree with Lukaku that CDS shouldn't have put such a title because
a) It's stupid and unnecessary
b) It will backfire

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Hope we do the same. CdS rarely publishes anything positive about Juve anyway.
The only time I've seen Juve give a statement of some sort was when Ronaldo had the rape allegation basically saying he was a model professional so he might not be a rapist which was hilarious (I for sure don’t think he's a rapist but that apology was atrocious). Otherwise we're silent

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The only time I've seen Juve give a statement of some sort was when Ronaldo had the rape allegation basically saying he was a model professional so he might not be a rapist which was hilarious (I for sure don’t think he's a rapist but that apology was atrocious). Otherwise we're silent
its ok. the millions of chinese fans we are courting dont care about racism against blacks.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I like that Juve keeps its mouth shut unless absolutely necessary. Omerta lol

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I like that Juve keeps its mouth shut unless absolutely necessary. Omerta lol
Inter are notorious for giving well wishes when there are tragedies. I've always found that doing these on behalf of a club instead of doing so as an individual is a cheap way to do PR

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Can You please explain how having black athletes, who are likely only here until their football career is finished, perseveres white culture?
That's a leading question, with the underlying assumption that the newspaper was hostile towards these players and that my comment approved of a hostile message towards them.

Neither is the case as you can see. What I did applaud however, is that in so called 'racist countries' race isn't made a sacred cow that can never ever be talked or thought of. In Italy you ask somebody to describe a black guy vs a white guy the person will say 'well one is black the other one is white'. In Germany when you ask somebody to do the same, they will reply 'one is taller one is shorter'. Race realism is a substantial achievement to still have preserved in a time when, after the 2015 refugee wave, violent crimes with foreigner involvement have multiplied by 5 on avg (In Germany). It might become a defense tool used to identify the real threat, to preserve the survival of european people. (not 'white culture' whatever that means. Swedes don't have the same culture as Dutch etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)