Serie A 2019/20 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wow. Inter have only allowed 1 goal so far in 5 Serie A matches.

LOL I got laughed at when I said they have a defense as good as ours. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Conte knows how to set up his teams, that's for sure. Gotta win the Oct. 6th match, put the pressure on them and see how they handle it.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Conte knows how to set up his teams, that's for sure. Gotta win the Oct. 6th match, put the pressure on them and see how they handle it.
It looks impressive, but if you look beyond the stats its also a bit of luck. Playing agaist poor teams ( exept lazio), getting the first goal and of course conte is a defensive gritty coach. Lets see when the concede first and must chase a goal, agaist better teams and after the have lost a game.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Watched the Milan game. They definitely have some good individual players. They just play so poorly together. So hesitant and unorganised. I'm actually keen to see Milan get good again. Love them or hate them, the league needs Milan.

Leao is one to watch though. His technique is impressive.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It looks impressive, but if you look beyond the stats its also a bit of luck. Playing agaist poor teams ( exept lazio), getting the first goal and of course conte is a defensive gritty coach. Lets see when the concede first and must chase a goal, agaist better teams and after the have lost a game.
And I guess all our goals conceded were unlucky? lol we have played against poor teams too and conceded. I guess that made those teams lucky? Are we really going to credit their great start to "luck'?

- - - Updated - - -

Conte's teams are hard to break down...recall with us we rarely conceded first. That's the fucking point. They are hard to breakdown so good "luck" trying to get one past a well organized team with a well organized defense.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. Break them early into the season.

Their squad is good enough to keep grinding out results against almost all teams in the league. I can see them at least give Napoli a run for their money.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Lazio were dancing around Inter's box for the entire second half, the bigger concern is if Handanovic has a bastard of a game to save them repeatedly. Also, we know that against decent attacking teams Conte doesn't do great. His refusal to change his defensive mindset cost us against some really shitty European teams. A performance like Atlético and we batter them so that they 0-0 the next 10 games and drop out of Europe.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Lazio were dancing around Inter's box for the entire second half, the bigger concern is if Handanovic has a bastard of a game to save them repeatedly. Also, we know that against decent attacking teams Conte doesn't do great. His refusal to change his defensive mindset cost us against some really shitty European teams. A performance like Atlético and we batter them so that they 0-0 the next 10 games and drop out of Europe.
he'll have no problems against us then

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

2017-18 Inter conceded only 2 goals in first 5 rounds. 2015-16 Inter also conceded only one goal in the first 5 rounds before being crushed by Fiorentina 4-1 at home on week 6, and finished in 4th place 13 points behind 3rd place Roma. I'm not saying they are not good, but let's not overrate them. Inter not conceding in the match against Lazio was mostly due to Handanovic, who as far as I remember has always had brilliant starts to the season.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
And? Soak up pressure. Like we haven't seen that one before. Inter were in control of that match and Lazio didn't really stand a chance at all.
His record in europe isn't of concern either, in the league he now has the 3rd best team and should be able to grind out wins against the rest.

I expect us to win, but i don't expect it to be a walk in the park. Wouldn't be surprised if we run into some serious counter atracks the way we are set up. Not to mention defending standards against Godin for example.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
2017-18 Inter conceded only 2 goals in first 5 rounds. 2015-16 Inter also conceded only one goal in the first 5 rounds before being crushed by Fiorentina 4-1 at home on week 6, and finished in 4th place 13 points behind 3rd place Roma. I'm not saying they are not good, but let's not overrate them. Inter not conceding in the match against Lazio was mostly due to Handanovic, who as far as I remember has always had brilliant starts to the season.
I do think they have better quality of central defenders now than a few years back but we will definitely score couple of goals in the match against inter

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Absolutely. Break them early into the season.

Their squad is good enough to keep grinding out results against almost all teams in the league. I can see them at least give Napoli a run for their money.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

This Inter team is a much better Inter team than the 17/18 or 15/16 team PLUS they have a much better coach and they got rid of the major locker room issue they had.

This isn't the same Inter. They are better. Not as good as us but definitely better. I think its naive to underrate them this year.

- - - Updated - - -

So, if one player has an outstanding match (in this case Handonovic), we will now contribute that match victory (and/or cleansheet) down to one player rather than overall team play?

That's what good teams do...they perform well as a team and occasionally top players step up when needed. I guess we can contribute our 8 year run to the "luck" of having Buffon in goal? Maybe I'm over analyzing your point...

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

This Inter team is a much better Inter team than the 17/18 or 15/16 team PLUS they have a much better coach and they got rid of the major locker room issue they had.

This isn't the same Inter. They are better. Not as good as us but definitely better. I think its naive to underrate them this year.

- - - Updated - - -

So, if one player has an outstanding match (in this case Handonovic), we will now contribute that match victory (and/or cleansheet) down to one player rather than overall team play?

That's what good teams do...they perform well as a team and occasionally top players step up when needed. I guess we can contribute our 8 year run to the "luck" of having Buffon in goal? Maybe I'm over analyzing your point...
This Inter being good is totally subjective. While it very well might be true, as Conte has done this before, I wouldn't use that "one goal conceded so far" as a supportive argument. Also on Handanovic, I was making this point that he always has great starts. Of course he's an integral part of that team.But we've seen this before.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think they have better quality of central defenders now than a few years back but we will definitely score couple of goals in the match against inter
Their depth options for CB are Andrea Ranocchia, and a 17-yo Lorenzo Pirola

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This Inter being good is totally subjective. While it very well might be true, as Conte has done this before, I wouldn't use that "one goal conceded so far" as a supportive argument. Also on Handanovic, I was making this point that he always has great starts. Of course he's an integral part of that team.But we've seen this before.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My point is, I agree, we've seen this before but this Inter team is better than the Inter team where we first saw this.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
And I guess all our goals conceded were unlucky? lol we have played against poor teams too and conceded. I guess that made those teams lucky? Are we really going to credit their great start to "luck'?

- - - Updated - - -

Conte's teams are hard to break down...recall with us we rarely conceded first. That's the fucking point. They are hard to breakdown so good "luck" trying to get one past a well organized team with a well organized defense.
When did i say we where unlucky, and that it was all down to luck for inter? Watch the lazio game and tell me if inter was great defending in that game

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Even our fourth choice defender is Rugani anyways I think Sarri is a master tactician who will outsmart Conte 3-5-2 formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)