Serie A 2018/19 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I disagree. Hope they dont.

Not a single time have these Mickey mouse teams done anything in Europe.

They qualify and do t do anything in Europe and force coefficients down.

Its better if teams like Roma inter and Milan qualify.

Inb4 the peasants who tell me how dare I cheer for the Italian scum. But what u dont realize is that u can hope others do well for your own benefit. It's a win win situation for juve.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Inb4 the peasants who tell me how dare I cheer for the Italian scum. But what u dont teaoize is that u can hope others do well for your own benefit. It's a win win situation for juve.

Irrelevant. Serie A is guaranteed CL spots now regardless of coefficient but i guess you missed that too lol

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Inb4 the peasants who tell me how dare I cheer for the Italian scum. But what u dont teaoize is that u can hope others do well for your own benefit. It's a win win situation for juve.

The coefficients don't really matter anymore.

I hope they make it because they produce a lot of talents and I imagine they can do that even more with the money brought in from CL qualification

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Atalanta beat Udinese to go 1 point clear of Roma and 3 clear of Milan and Torino. Their next 4 games are away to Lazio and Juve, and home to Genoa and Sassuolo (not in that order). Hope they can pull it off.
Who can they sell us next year in exchange for us intentionally losing to them?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Irrelevant. Serie A is guaranteed CL spots now regardless of coefficient but i guess you missed that too lol
Really huh. Well I dont watch serie a really. That's what my minion Osman is here for

Point still stands. Those teams have bigger fanbase so more commercial revenue.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Inb4 the peasants who tell me how dare I cheer for the Italian scum. But what u dont realize is that u can hope others do well for your own benefit. It's a win win situation for juve.

I get your point, but there are 100 more wrong things about Serie A than European representation. As others said, coefficients are irrelevant. Milan and Inter won't do jack shit either, so might as well be Atalanta.

- - - Updated - - -

Who can they sell us next year in exchange for us intentionally losing to them?
I don't know who I'd take. Most of them perform not that great once they leave. Their CB Mancini seems like an interesting choice though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The only change, if Italians do worse than they were doing in Europe, can happen if France starts doing better.
Right now Italy has 16 coefficient pts more than France, which is huge difference, but from 2019/20 the difference goes down to 8 pts. It's still a low possibility, but if France overtakes Italy, then Italy will have only 2 guaranteed CL spots, and the third team will play CL qualifiers.
France overtaking Italy doesn't seem likely in the next 3 years, but it's possible in 4 or 5 years from now.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
The only change, if Italians do worse than they were doing in Europe, can happen if France starts doing better.
Right now Italy has 16 coefficient pts more than France, which is huge difference, but from 2019/20 the difference goes down to 8 pts. It's still a low possibility, but if France overtakes Italy, then Italy will have only 2 guaranteed CL spots, and the third team will play CL qualifiers.
France overtaking Italy doesn't seem likely in the next 3 years, but it's possible in 4 or 5 years from now.
Assuming Italians do badly. I guess Juve and Milan teams in Europa Leauge will keep coeficient high.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Assuming Italians do badly. I guess Juve and Milan teams in Europa Leauge will keep coeficient high.
An average of 15 pts per year is enough for Italy to stay in top 4. This season Italy got only 12.6, and if they keep doing like this, then the Italians could face problems in 4 or 5 years.

The problem is that only Juventus are doing well enough. Roma and Napoli are just above the required average, but all the others are doing worse than they should. It's actually the Milan teams that should be doing much better.
This is the average pts Italian teams got in the last 5 years (for the coefficient the last 5 years are counted). With 15 pts per season being the needed number for top 4, you can see that most of the Italians can't reach that.

Juventus 124 pts/5 seasons (average 24.8 pts)
Roma 81 pts/5 seasons (average 16.2 pts)
Napoli 80 pts/ 5 seasons (16.0 pts)
------------
Fiorentina 39 pts/3 seasons (13.0 pts)
Torino 13 pts/1 season (13.0 pts)
Lazio 37 pts/3 seasons (12.3 pts)
Inter 31 pts/3 seasons (10.3 pts)
Milan 19 pts/ 2 seasons (9.5 pts)
Atalanta 13.5 pts/2 seasons (6.75 pts)
Sassuolo 4 pts/1 season (4.0 pts)
Sampdoria 1 pt/1 season (1.0 pts)

Basically, Juventus are the only ones keeping Italy in top 4. We are actually doing all these teams a favor to play CL by coming 4th, or even those coming 3rd. Without us, Italy would have been the same as Russia and Portugal, fighting to have 3 teams in CL instead of 2.
To be fair, the same could be said for France, where PSG are keeping them in top 5.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
An average of 15 pts per year is enough for Italy to stay in top 4. This season Italy got only 12.6, and if they keep doing like this, then the Italians could face problems in 4 or 5 years.

The problem is that only Juventus are doing well enough. Roma and Napoli are just above the required average, but all the others are doing worse than they should. It's actually the Milan teams that should be doing much better.
This is the average pts Italian teams got in the last 5 years (for the coefficient the last 5 years are counted). With 15 pts per season being the needed number for top 4, you can see that most of the Italians can't reach that.

Juventus 124 pts/5 seasons (average 24.8 pts)
Roma 81 pts/5 seasons (average 16.2 pts)
Napoli 80 pts/ 5 seasons (16.0 pts)
------------
Fiorentina 39 pts/3 seasons (13.0 pts)
Torino 13 pts/1 season (13.0 pts)
Lazio 37 pts/3 seasons (12.3 pts)
Inter 31 pts/3 seasons (10.3 pts)
Milan 19 pts/ 2 seasons (9.5 pts)
Atalanta 13.5 pts/2 seasons (6.75 pts)
Sassuolo 4 pts/1 season (4.0 pts)
Sampdoria 1 pt/1 season (1.0 pts)

Basically, Juventus are the only ones keeping Italy in top 4. We are actually doing all these teams a favor to play CL by coming 4th, or even those coming 3rd. Without us, Italy would have been the same as Russia and Portugal, fighting to have 3 teams in CL instead of 2.
To be fair, the same could be said for France, where PSG are keeping them in top 5.
:tup:

Experience plays a part two its fair to interpret both Roma and Napoli getting decent points as a result of consistently qualifying in 5 out of 5 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Milan have better H2H with Atalanta. Atalanta wont win all remaning games but I’m sure Milan will lose points in at least two games. Atalanta is 2.5 points behind Inter. Inter will most likely drop points against Udine and lose to Napoli. It’s gonna be fun.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Atalanta had a really nice run in the Europa League last season and were unlucky to be knocked out by Dortmund. Would love to see them in the CL, they’d be a tricky proposition for a lot of teams. They have to keep this team together tho and add one or two quality players as well though, something that a lot of these mid-level Italian clubs don’t do...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Milan have better H2H with Atalanta. Atalanta wont win all remaning games but I’m sure Milan will lose points in at least two games. Atalanta is 2.5 points behind Inter. Inter will most likely drop points against Udine and lose to Napoli. It’s gonna be fun.
Damn, how the fuck did that happen?

I love this kinda endings to Serie A, where we just lay back and enjoy the drama, calmly send off our retirees.
Last year was a little stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)