Serie A 2018/19 (57 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Guess it was fine when the biggest mafioso of all time Berlusconi injected all that hard-earned cash into their club and made them best at one point.
But no, nooow it's all unjust, when a public company - Juventus - worked its as off for years and now can afford big signings, in compliance with the FFP rules, without which fucked up money-laundering clubs like Milan would be long bankrupt by now.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Benatia not getting a yellow for handling the ball for pen was strange, but understandable from refs pow, since it was hard to decide whether his hand was deliberate or not.
Not really, handballs at such close distance are “never” considered intentional.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Not really, handballs at such close distance are “never” considered intentional.
technically it's not a pen if it's not intentional. but the refs constantly make compromises in regards to handballs and penalties (like last night with giving the penalty, but not the 2nd yellow), they should either change the rules or start following the existing ones

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
As I see it: It was a clear PK since Benatia's hand prevented Higuain getting the ball, in which case it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not.
No yellow is correct since it was indeed unintentional AND the principle of avoiding double-punishment (PK + red) applies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
As I see it: It was a clear PK since Benatia's hand prevented Higuain getting the ball, in which case it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not.
No yellow is correct since it was indeed unintentional AND the principle of avoiding double-punishment (PK + red) applies.
nah, it's a pen if it's intentional with either the movement of the hand or position of the hand. otherwise it's not a pen even if he unintentionally blocks the ball from flying in net.

also, as far as I know, double punishment applies to straight reds not to 2nd yellows :D and the rules are pretty clear that deliberate handling of the ball is a yellow even in middle of the pitch. imo the ref calculated his risks and decided not to piss off either side too much :p

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
nah, it's a pen if it's intentional with either the movement of the hand or position of the hand. otherwise it's not a pen even if he unintentionally blocks the ball from flying in net.

also, as far as I know, double punishment applies to straight reds not to 2nd yellows :D and the rules are pretty clear that deliberate handling of the ball is a yellow even in middle of the pitch. imo the ref calculated his risks and decided not to piss off either side too much :p
But Benatia's hand was too away from body, ie. in an unnatural position.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
but isn't that 2nd yellow worthy offense? if we assume the hand is unnatural position, it should mean Benatia put it there on purpose to make himself "bigger", which sounds like a yellow to me :D
He put it there on purpose. There should be no assumption here. Everyone should look at the replays and stop talking as if he did not do it on purpose. The distance does not matter in this case as he was prepared to stop either the player or the ball and got one of them in the end. His hand has no place being there.
This was basketball or handball block. There is no place in football for such methods.
Look at his hand right before Higuain touches the ball. He is completely aware of the ball and could anticipate to hit him in the hand but does not move immediately. This positioning of the hand is on purpose. Everyone who plays football have had such situations in their live and once or twice did the same thing. IMO he has enough time to react and he reacts by stopping the ball. Clear penalty.

Penalty Benatia.png

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Benatia not getting a yellow for handling the ball for pen was strange, but understandable from refs pow, since it was hard to decide whether his hand was deliberate or not.
I'd argue it was ball to hand and not deliberate, it would be more of an un-natural position to try and put your arms away in that position. It's not like he stuck them out on purpose or forced himself to handle the ball, personally I think the ref got it wrong, thankfully Woj restored parity by saving the resulting penalty.

milan fans can bitch all they like, for the last 3 weeks i've read african football experts on social media say that suso is better than ronaldo ffs, nothing but a bunch of idiots with an extreme mental illness just like the fans at their sister club

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
He put it there on purpose. There should be no assumption here. Everyone should look at the replays and stop talking as if he did not do it on purpose. The distance does not matter in this case as he was prepared to stop either the player or the ball and got one of them in the end. His hand has no place being there.
This was basketball or handball block. There is no place in football for such methods.
Look at his hand right before Higuain touches the ball. He is completely aware of the ball and could anticipate to hit him in the hand but does not move immediately. This positioning of the hand is on purpose. Everyone who plays football have had such situations in their live and once or twice did the same thing. IMO he has enough time to react and he reacts by stopping the ball. Clear penalty.
You must walk and run funny.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Penalty Benatia.png
Not convinced it is deliberate, look at his hand position and then look at every other players hand positions in the photo. You can't run with your arms at your side, and he covered ground to get to Higuain to was mid stride.

Not sure anyone has the reactions to deliberately handle a ball flicked up at them so close.

Would like to see Zapata's hand ball claim again.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I'd argue it was ball to hand and not deliberate, it would be more of an un-natural position to try and put your arms away in that position. It's not like he stuck them out on purpose or forced himself to handle the ball, personally I think the ref got it wrong, thankfully Woj restored parity by saving the resulting penalty.

milan fans can bitch all they like, for the last 3 weeks i've read african football experts on social media say that suso is better than ronaldo ffs, nothing but a bunch of idiots with an extreme mental illness just like the fans at their sister club
What's the obsession with african football experts?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
:stupid:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Has anyone read the famous calcio book The Miracle of Castel di Sangro?

Great book btw, but anyway there are some serious allegations against Gabriele Gravina, the recently elected FIGC President.

He was the President of the Castel di Sandro team and the author accuses him very specifically of match fixing, as well as drug trafficking.

This was in 96/97. Amazing how he's the President of the Federation now :lol: I wonder if he was ever investigated after the book was published. There's nothing about on his Wikipedia page.

Other teams were also accused and it was actually seen as normal. Did any of this make the press back then?
https://www.football-italia.net/117417/castel-di-sangro-players-admit-fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)