Serie A 2017/18 (98 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
What's next? Treble or 10 tituli in a row?

I mean Inter is winning the scudetto of honesty since forever, so technically they will still be ahead in trophies, but if we keep on winning Doubles each year we might surpass them soon...:shifty:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Maurizio Sarri expressed all his regrets as Napoli lost the Scudetto to Juventus “in the hotel and not on the pitch,” but left the door open for an exit.

The 2-0 victory away to Sampdoria this evening allowed the Partenopei to set a club record of 88 Serie A points, although Juventus still took a seventh straight title.

“It goes without saying Juve are more powerful in every way. I haven’t watched them enough to say if they were the best,” Sarri told Mediaset Premium.

He was asked what they could’ve done differently and his mind immediately went to the night before a 3-0 defeat at Fiorentina, when the team watched Juve fight back to beat Inter 3-2 in stoppages.

“We needed to go to bed early on Saturday night in Florence… The team suffered a psychological blow and felt it for the timing and the way that result came about. The only regret I have this season is that we lost the Scudetto in the hotel and not on the pitch.

“We lost three games and then always drew after that defeat. The team is sensitive and certainly vulnerable in some ways. We have to work and the Lega Serie A has to work a lot.

We played after Juve 14 times in the last 16 rounds and seeing as Juve pretty much always win, that badly damaged us.

“This sport has become a business for everyone. It has to remain a sport, because if it’s just business, then it will end pretty quickly. I will say that I admired the performance from a team that had nothing left to play for. I liked this performance.”

Sarri has refused to confirm if he will remain at Napoli next season and again implied he’ll walk away from President Aurelio De Laurentiis.

“I can say that I love the fans deeply, I love the city deeply and that will never change, regardless of how this story ends.

“There’s a club dinner on Thursday, so we’ll definitely meet there, unless one of us doesn’t turn up!”
:rofl:

@Hustini

They lost scudetto in hotel room because they didn't get to bed early enough. What a complete bitch Sarri is. :rofl:

So happy we won't be seeing this jackass on our sideline. :weee:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Roma trying to come up to our level instead of bringing us to theirs. Because their owner is American capitalist :tuttosport:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
They’ll be our main opponents for the title next season imo. They are on the right track.
Yep, we shouldn't be surprised to see Napoli lose Sarri and a handful of their starters [if Sarri leaves]. This "Lost" Scudetto - I'm confident - will break them.

Very early challenger list for next season in order: Roma, Napoli (with Sarri), Milan (what is happening i Chinaman-land), Inter (what is happening i Chinaman-land), Lazio (with Milinkovic-Savic), Napoli (without Sarri).

Roma could lose Florenzi, Pellegrini, Dzeko and Radja-Retard, so still early to predict, but I'll say next years Serie A will be the most entertaining [for a neutral] since somewhere around 2002-2004. There's a lot of decent domestic teams besides the mentioned in 'Atalanta, 'Doria, Viola and Torino.

And we most liekly will face our hardest Scudetto since Allegri joined with a big part of the lockerroom personalities leaving.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Napoli to finish at 91 points, yet we secured the Scudetto with 2 rounds to go, incredible race this season. Besides the points tally could've been even more impressive, in the last 11 rounds Napoli went 5W-4D-2L, in the 26 rounds before they had almost the perfect season with 22W-3D-1L.

But we gotta watch out for Roma, I agree, they ended the season on a high. It's his first season at a big club and EDF already has improved them compared to Spalletti time

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
With automatic 4 CL spots imo if Roma, Napoli, and Lazio can keep Milano clubs out of CL another year they will permanently establish themselves as the new big clubs of Italy outside of Juve. Fingers crosssd this happens.
No, they won't. Milan and Inter, shitty management aside, is still global brands with far larger consumer bases than any of the mentioned clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)