Serie A 2017/18 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Tbf, Cancelo (lol) and Pjanic aside, it's not bad. Pretty much summarizes our season with players going in and out of form.

They prolly included Pjanic only b/c they thought they HAVE to include a Juve player.
Dybala and costa have been both better.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Skriniar was a beast, shirley best CB of the season. Koulibaly also better and more consistent than Chiellini & Benatia.

Could've been Luis Alberto, DC, or someone else. LA had a better 1st half, DC better 2nd half.
In Serie A? Nah. Maybe if you include our defenders' mistakes from CL, but in Serie A Chiellini, and especially Benatia were fantastic.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
My TOTS:
Alisson
Kolarov Skriniar Koulibaly
Pjanic Milinkovic-Savic
Luis Alberto Dybala Douglas Costa
Immobile Icardi
Bench: Chiellini, Papu Gomez, Insigne, Quagliarella, Handanovic, Mertens, Lucas Torreira.

- - - Updated - - -

Cancelo has been mediocre as fuck this season. Rubbish RB. But Serie A RBs have been rubbish in general.

And :lol: at Skriniar over Chiellini and/or Benatia.
Benatia has played only 19 Serie A games, not enough to warrant a place in the starting XI, imo.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
My TOTS:
Alisson
Kolarov Skriniar Koulibaly
Pjanic Milinkovic-Savic
Luis Alberto Dybala Douglas Costa
Immobile Icardi
Bench: Chiellini, Papu Gomez, Insigne, Quagliarella, Handanovic, Mertens, Lucas Torreira.

- - - Updated - - -

Benatia has played only 19 Serie A games, not enough to warrant a place in the starting XI, imo.
:tup: I'd only change Skriniar with Benatia.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Remember Benatia at start of the season? Disaster.

Chiellini held a more consistent level throughout the season, but Skriniar has been a beast.
A disaster? What? He was bad against Barcelona, that's it. He only played in 3 matches in the league before November due to injury and Max experimenting with Rugani as a starter. We won 2, drew 1. Outscored our opponents 9-2.

We are 16 wins-3 draw-1 loss in 20 matches with Benatia in Serie A this year. 44 goals - 8 conceded.

The only thing that says he might not be Serie A team of the year is that he missed most of of the first 3 months of the year. Since November he's been better than both Skriniar and Koulibaly, by a clear margin. Those two have put in some dire performances down the stretch run.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention Koulibaly got himself a red and sent off 10 minutes into a match that could have put Napoli into driver's seat for Scudetto. And that made him miss the next match against Torino. That red card alone should exclude him from Serie A team of the year. :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Tbf, Cancelo (lol) and Pjanic aside, it's not bad. Pretty much summarizes our season with players going in and out of form.

They prolly included Pjanic only b/c they thought they HAVE to include a Juve player.
what other mid is there if its not Pjanic? he certainly deserves it more than Allan

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
A disaster? What? He was bad against Barcelona, that's it. He only played in 3 matches in the league before November due to injury and Max experimenting with Rugani as a starter. We won 2, drew 1. Outscored our opponents 9-2.

We are 16 wins-3 draw-1 loss in 20 matches with Benatia in Serie A this year. 44 goals - 8 conceded.

The only thing that says he might not be Serie A team of the year is that he missed most of of the first 3 months of the year. Since November he's been better than both Skriniar and Koulibaly, by a clear margin. Those two have put in some dire performances down the stretch run.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention Koulibaly got himself a red and sent off 10 minutes into a match that could have put Napoli into driver's seat for Scudetto. And that made him miss the next match against Torino. That red card alone should exclude him from Serie A team of the year. :D
I don't think Skriniar has had a competitor.

I've seen Koulibaly make mistakes/get beaten, same as Chiellini & Benatia. They're prolly still jizzing over Koulibaly's goal.

what other mid is there if its not Pjanic? he certainly deserves it more than Allan
Allan has had a very good season.

Hamsik. Also could've easily gone with 2 wingers or 3 strikers.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

I've seen Koulibaly make mistakes/get beaten, same as Chiellini & Benatia. They're prolly still jizzing over Koulibaly's goal.

I think this has been one of Hamsik's worst seasons to date from what I've seen. Just doesn't seem to affect matches like he used to. Stats may say otherwise I don't really know but I've definitely seem him play better at least more consistently in the past

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Hamsik was pretty underwhelming this season.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
very good? better than all but 2 mids in Italy? doubt it.
Not much quality in Serie A, is there. You yourself can't think of a better performer than Pjanic, who was very inconsistent and was either a hit or a liability.

Allan had a good season. Silly of Brazil to not call him up.

I think this has been one of Hamsik's worst seasons to date from what I've seen. Just doesn't seem to affect matches like he used to. Stats may say otherwise I don't really know but I've definitely seem him play better at least more consistently in the past
Hamsik was pretty underwhelming this season.
Still decent when he doesn't score or assist and far more consistent than Pjanic.

Didn't mention Nainggolan b/c I rarely caught a Roma game, ditto with Cristante and Atalanta. Don't know if they're candidates.

All things considered, Matuidi was as good as Pjanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)