Serie A 2017/18 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
FIF has gone insane with the ref and the 'er sistema' witch hunt

They act as if the ref scored the three goals, instead of noting that only one bad incident happened (Pjanic)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Malago': 'Reserve teams within days'
By Football Italia staff

CONI President Giovanni Malagò confirms the introduction of reserve teams for clubs in Italy is “only days away.”

Clubs including Juventus, Roma and Inter have been lobbying for some time to have the rules changed so that they can create reserve teams in much the same way as in England.

Right now, players who don’t find room in the first team are either farmed out on loan to sides in Serie B or C, or used in the youth team league, which doesn’t give them experience at the top level.

“I think the breakthrough to create reserve teams is only days away,” Malagò declared today.

“I say that because I was at a meeting between the various components in the Federation. A move will let it loose, with definitive endorsement of the teams.

“I don’t know if they’ll be able to set it all in place for next season, or at most in a year, but the issue is in progress now and has to continue moving forward.

“I think it’s a good thing for everyone, which helps many lads who are registered with Serie A clubs to not only get paid, but also to realise if among them there are players who – preferably Italian – can do even better.

“It’ll give the Lega Pro (Serie C) division the opportunity to integrate some new sides.”

Every year, several clubs fail to register for the Lega Pro campaign due to financial problems and go bankrupt.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
By Football Italia staff

CONI President Giovanni Malagò confirms the introduction of reserve teams for clubs in Italy is “only days away.”

Clubs including Juventus, Roma and Inter have been lobbying for some time to have the rules changed so that they can create reserve teams in much the same way as in England.

Right now, players who don’t find room in the first team are either farmed out on loan to sides in Serie B or C, or used in the youth team league, which doesn’t give them experience at the top level.

“I think the breakthrough to create reserve teams is only days away,” Malagò declared today.

“I say that because I was at a meeting between the various components in the Federation. A move will let it loose, with definitive endorsement of the teams.

“I don’t know if they’ll be able to set it all in place for next season, or at most in a year, but the issue is in progress now and has to continue moving forward.

“I think it’s a good thing for everyone, which helps many lads who are registered with Serie A clubs to not only get paid, but also to realise if among them there are players who – preferably Italian – can do even better.

“It’ll give the Lega Pro (Serie C) division the opportunity to integrate some new sides.”

Every year, several clubs fail to register for the Lega Pro campaign due to financial problems and go bankrupt.
:tup:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
By Football Italia staff

Wow, why da fak the same way as in England, this is the most retarded decision there is. A reserve team means creating a reserve league with only reserves from A teams playing, which is no different than arranging weekly friendlies between random players from random clubs.

I hope when Malago said England he really meant Germany and Spain, which is the model Italy should deploy, the best there is so far - creating a B team, who enters the lowest possible proffessional division and plays with and agains the real teams there, fighting for promotion until they reach Serie B and there the B team is not permitted to promote to Serie A regardless of their results. This is something Italy should have done a looong looong time ago and is also one of the big reasons why the country is behind both Spain and Germany, in regards of young and talanted kids, to developing those young and talanted kids and preparing them for their next and most important step - to be ready for the first team. I mean look and Serie B top scorers table - all of first 10-15 players are around or even older than 30 years, the younger one is our loanee Cerri (and he is like the 10th top goalscorer, or even worse...)

B teams who play in Serie B and C is awesome, reserve teams in a reserve league is awful, it is no different than playing with some friends in the park on a Sunday afternoon...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's not like England, in England there is an U23 league and it doesn't play in the full league system, it has its own league (basically a separate reserve league) and the teams also enter a league trophy competition that no one cares about, playing against teams from the third tier down.

England (and Wales) also has far greater depth of professional and semi-pro clubs than any other league in Europe so you simply couldn't drop teams into a 3rd or 4th tier league, those leagues are full of pretty well supported clubs who are financially viable.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Wow, why da fak the same way as in England, this is the most retarded decision there is. A reserve team means creating a reserve league with only reserves from A teams playing, which is no different than arranging weekly friendlies between random players from random clubs.

I hope when Malago said England he really meant Germany and Spain, which is the model Italy should deploy, the best there is so far - creating a B team, who enters the lowest possible proffessional division and plays with and agains the real teams there, fighting for promotion until they reach Serie B and there the B team is not permitted to promote to Serie A regardless of their results. This is something Italy should have done a looong looong time ago and is also one of the big reasons why the country is behind both Spain and Germany, in regards of young and talanted kids, to developing those young and talanted kids and preparing them for their next and most important step - to be ready for the first team. I mean look and Serie B top scorers table - all of first 10-15 players are around or even older than 30 years, the younger one is our loanee Cerri (and he is like the 10th top goalscorer, or even worse...)

B teams who play in Serie B and C is awesome, reserve teams in a reserve league is awful, it is no different than playing with some friends in the park on a Sunday afternoon...
Yeah, you're right. I got excited for a minute. But this is better than nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like England, in England there is an U23 league and it doesn't play in the full league system, it has its own league (basically a separate reserve league) and the teams also enter a league trophy competition that no one cares about, playing against teams from the third tier down.

England (and Wales) also has far greater depth of professional and semi-pro clubs than any other league in Europe so you simply couldn't drop teams into a 3rd or 4th tier league, those leagues are full of pretty well supported clubs who are financially viable.
OK, excited again. Read the article. He did say Lega Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)