Serie A 2017/18 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Serie A, just like Ligue 1 and Die Bundesliga is predictable. You pretty much know who is going to win the title every single year. Yes, Napoli ran us close this season, but I'm not only talking about this year, where despite a crap midfield, we're still going to win the title. That should tell you something about the state of the league; when a team with a midfield like ours, traditionally the most important part of a football team, is about to secure another Serie A title.

I'm more concerned about what the future holds, and how we're going to perform in Europe.
I don't understand, while we might end up winning now wasn't this the only top league not decided weeks ago?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
:baus: :tup: Improving on paper every season indeed. Clueless going forward; midfield the worst it's been in years; defense ageing and exhibiting evident cracks. I'll give you attacking depth; it's insane. Unfortunately, we aren't even utilizing it effectively.
On paper, yes.

Problems have been a very high number of injuries (and as a result a lot of players have been fatigued too) and several players not being on form compared to last season like Alex Sandro and Khedira. And Chiellini and Buffon are a year older.

Attack - better

Midfield - added Matuidi - better

Defense - Benatia almost as good as Bonucci, Howedes much better than Dani Alves defensively, even MDS is. DA's attacking prowess more than made up for by DC and Berna.

GK - added Woj - and even this is better on paper

We all know midfield is an issue. Club knows it too and will be addressed. At least wait till Aug 10 or whenever the deadline is.

As for others in the league, think you've just realized we need the others to be good too to increase revenue at a faster pace. That's why Agnelli worked hard to get Italy the 4th CL spot. Others aren't good enough and need to improve, but they were worse, and we can't do anything else about it to speed up the process.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
biggest question is how we gonna sell that shitty banana league to amerifats and third world countries over epl and la liga
FIGC needs to do its job to improve the quality of youth and talent.

As for club mgmt, I think Roma has a good future. Napoli hard to tell but will likely remain on the same level or drop a bit if/when Sarri leaves. One of Milanese clubs needs to get a diff, better owner, but it won't happen. They're not exactly attractive prospects atm nor cheap to buy.

I only see Juve and Roma as top European teams with sustainable competitiveness in the future based on how things are now. And then, if Napoli and eventually one of the Milan clubs get out of group stages regularly and/or we win multiple CLs, things will improve marketing-wise. Otherwise, it won't.

- - - Updated - - -
@Bianconero81 Btw, if not for Oliver, we would've had a good chance of winning the CL this season. And the team knew it. Ref favors and missed chances or not, Real > Bayern.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes. The league has been more competitive this season, but I'm not just talking about this year.
We won the league by 4 points last year. And were only 5 points up on 3rd place.

EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 have all been blowouts at the top the last 2 years. La Liga was close with Madrid and Barca last year, and a cakewalk this year.

Serie A has had very close title races two years running, and last year it was 3 teams.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So now they want to investigate Allegri because after the game he said in a video

"Ciao taglia" (tagliavento who i believe was 4th official)
"Son stato bravo eh?" (i was good wasn't i?)
"Promosso?"
(promoted but it's more like what they say to a student who has been given the go ahead to pass onto the next year of school)

Someone has put subtitles underneath that say "he (orsato) was good"
Allegri is talking about how he didn't protest being sent off
They always try to find something
Everyone conveniently forgot the clear penalty on Higuain towards the end of the match and is botching about Pjanic
Even if Pjanic was lucky these guys are so salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)