Serie A 2017/18 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sarri trying to lower the pressure saying they just want to beat their own record instead of targeting the scudetto
It is obviously bogus as Napoli are only 4 points adrift and they yet to play against us..
BTW Am I the only one who think Napoli`s "Champagne Football" isnt that beautiful? I mean yes their style of play is nicer to the eye compare to our style but their style of play is very predictable as they do the same things over and over with their 3 attackers doing the same moves..
I mean take Barca for example - They overplay their passing game but they are still unpredictable
City are with Guardiola so its obvious the same applies to them as well
Napoli however should be easier to stop and I fail to understand why so many teams fall to their feet - Callejon who IMO is super overrated run through one side while Insigne does the same on the other side with Mertens running into space, Hamsik will always come forward to try bolster it with many long shots but also try to get into the area by himself - Id say a proper tactic coach should know how to handle Napoli

Apr 29, 2006
So you are either a fan of football or Juventus?
Where is the 50-50 scenario everybody is talking about? By which metrics are we equal to Napoli?

We are having the real test against a bigger team in CL this week. Everything else is a storm in a teacup. Smashing Benevento 8-0 and winning the title in march for the 10th time isn't as impressive as beating the likes of RM and lifting the CL.

But you aren't gonna raise your game by having handicapped opponents. You can win the special olympics ten years in a row, you'd still lose the real deal. That is the reason I was disappointed by Napoli performance, because it gives a false sense of quality to a lot of naive people. Our reserve LB is going to Inter(with CL) for an obscene amount of money (5th - 8th best paid player in their team???) but we are 'competing'... :lol:

Imagine Barca cheering for the arrival of (say) Danilo from RM.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Very high.

I reckon they'll sell Andre Silva and Bidonerumma.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is, many of our fans are fans of Serie A and Italian football in general. Juve >>>>>>>>>>>>> the health of the league/our rivals. After Farsopoli, I hope we win the next 100 Scudetti. No more than this league and country deserves.
I would say there are two kinds of Juventus fans.

Juve fans that support Azzurri, all of Serie A and Juve ofcourse and want as many Italians in the team just so it would benefit the NT. Many of the Italian diaspora living abroad fall under this category.

And Juve fans that just support the club. I think the situation would've been quite different if Serie A wasnt in decline and you'd have had a lot more fans show their allegiance to just Juve. The fact that it has been in a constant decline in the last 10-15 years have made people become very nostalgic about the 'glory days'.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Everything changed aftet Calciopoli. I believe club hierarchy (especially Nedved) uses it to motivate the team. We are establishing the Bundesliga order of things in Italy, fuck the rest, they asked for it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Juve fans that support Azzurri, all of Serie A and Juve ofcourse and want as many Italians in the team just so it would benefit the NT. Many of the Italian diaspora living abroad fall under this category.

And Juve fans that just support the club. I think the situation would've been quite different if Serie A wasnt in decline and you'd have had a lot more fans show their allegiance to just Juve. The fact that it has been in a constant decline in the last 10-15 years have made people become very nostalgic about the 'glory days'.
Well I wouldnt say there are 2 kinds but there you got a point there..
I personally want Juve to be the best so I want us to get the best players we can - If there is an Italian vs foreigner then the question is who is better - If both are equal I`d rather see us getting the Italian otherwise whoever is better..
I want to see Italy and Serie A improve but first I want Juve to be the best therefore I dont care if we play 11 foreigners if it means we win the CL

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Italy has and always will produce talents. They've just been unlucky that in recent years Rossi was plagued with injuries and Balotelli and Cassano are lunatics. They have goalies, defenders and midfielders. Just lacking the spark in attack.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
I think the win over Milan was big because there's a really decent chance Milan take 2 or even 3 pts off Napoli at the San Siro before we host Napoli in gameweek 34. I think if we're 7pts clear of Napoli going into the head to head, title is pretty much over anyway :flag1::flag1::flag1::flag1::flag1::flag1::flag1:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sarri trying to lower the pressure saying they just want to beat their own record instead of targeting the scudetto

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be like that, we still have the banana for you! Also, Napoli are still super-scary and unpredictable! Sarri is just lulling us by constantly declaring they are not fighting for the scudetto and backs his words with results.
I never thought Napoli is super scary and unpredictable. Not being a mess like you doesn't imply one finds them scary good and an actual legit threat. Thought in summer it was gonna be closer this year with us maintaining status quo just the same, and that's what's been happening. But being favorites and eventual winners doesn't mean it's a super boring title race when we've had to work hard and when Napoli is en route to earning 90+ points.

We couldn't even rest players vs Milan (except DC for 45 mins) before an all important CL game. God forbid we're 4 pts ahead in April lmao.

You are more of a talker, not a thinker. Doing more of the latter would make the world feel a lot less 'bizzare' to you I hope.
Is that what's causing you all these problems? All these thoughts weighing you down? :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a well-wisher of calcio too, and Serie A as a whole doing well is only good for us. It'll increase our revenue. Only Italian team I don't wish well for in Europe is Inter.

But I'm not gonna moan about finally being 4 ahead of Napoli in April in a title race where both teams will likely break 90 lol. That makes no friggin sense. And the harder we've to work, the worse for us in the CL.

It's mostly an issue of some simpletons just taking things for granted and lacking perspective. Years went by where we didn't win a single thing. These trophies count just like the ones in Lippi and Trapattoni eras did, just like the one-off scudetti we won in harsher times. They all count the same in the history books. Cherish this domination (while realizing the lack of talent & competitiveness in Serie A AND the good work we ourselves are doing), don't take it for granted.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Italy has and always will produce talents. They've just been unlucky that in recent years Rossi was plagued with injuries and Balotelli and Cassano are lunatics. They have goalies, defenders and midfielders. Just lacking the spark in attack.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Cassano had some good times with Italy but Balotelli probably had one Euro and then his attitude ruined his career..

Apr 29, 2006
...We couldn't even rest players vs Milan (except DC for 45 mins) before an all important CL game.
Is that what's causing you all these problems? All these thoughts weighing you down? :D
'Bizarre' is still the keyword. Good to know you don't believe you are a mess, I guess. Surely, you'll toughen it out either way.

It is truly the fiercest of 'competitions' and one for the bravest of hearts, when you 'couldn't EVEN rest players vs Milan' albeit, again, with a few exceptions. :lol:

The 'weigh of these thoughts' is surely 'weighing down' on someone, but it can't be you, right? :snoop:

Did I say bizarre?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
'Bizarre' is still the keyword. Good to know you don't believe you are a mess, I guess. Surely, you'll toughen it out either way.

It is truly the fiercest of 'competitions' and one for the bravest of hearts, when you 'couldn't EVEN rest players vs Milan' albeit, again, with a few exceptions. :lol:

The 'weigh of these thoughts' is surely 'weighing down' on someone, but it can't be you, right? :snoop:

Did I say bizarre?
It doesn't have to be the fiercest competition for it not to be uber easy but not last matchday drama.

Do you usually have a breakdown in every post? lol

Congrats on finally figuring out we'll win our 7th straight. Guess that's why you had such a strong reaction when we went from +2 to +4.

None of this makes sense lol.

Apr 29, 2006
It doesn't have to be the fiercest competition for it not to be uber easy but not last matchday drama.

Do you usually have a breakdown in every post? lol

Congrats on finally figuring out we'll win our 7th straight. Guess that's why you had such a strong reaction when we went from +2 to +4.

None of this makes sense lol.
It seems could be both uber easy and the fiercest of competition for you. That also makes sense, for you.
Having a breakdown?! Because I am not scared of Napoli or do not consider them too 'fierce of a competitors'? "Congrats on finally figuring out we'll win our 7th straight" - that has to be the greatest line coming from you, braveheart. Lastly, was I scared of Napoli or were you? Cause if it was me, I wouldn't be disappointed by the competition at the same time... No matter you can't be bothered to think, but you can talk more. I knew that.

I had a strong reaction to Sarri and his gameplan, but explaining those to you would be mission impossible. But look over the reaction of individuals who were really bothered by Napoli and their trophy-laden history - they always knew we'd win, but still they were worried. True fans, unlike me. ;)

And all of this makes sense. Its just you that can't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)