Serie A 2017/18 (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Gonna win their 21st league title in last 33 seasons ALONE :tup: :D

Bayern was 5 points behind Dortmund on matchday 7 when Ancelotti was sacked. Now they lead the league by 18 points. That is a 23 point gain in 15 matches. I mean ffs how bad are the rest of the clubs in being competetitve even for a little while :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That is my point. With their squad, Napoli should not be getting this kind of stats. Juve mostly plays like shit and yet we get the points because the team is just that much better than others. Napoli is not and they still destroyed Lazio yesterday and most of the others before that. I don't know why some completely disregard Sarri.

Also you forgot about Milik. They are playing without a typical 9 and still scoring regularily. I think Sarri gets some credit for that as well.
what kind of results should they be getting then? they arent Lazio/inter level of team obviously, they have the 2nd best team in the league and they play together for a few years now. they finished with 86 pts last season (Roma finished with 87 pts, i guess they shouldnt get those results either), naturally they would be improving the following year with Serie A as their only true goal to focus on.

Juve plays bad ::lol3::, OK. somehow we still scored more goals than Napoli, guess its all individual brilliance.

Milik was never a key player for Napoli hence his injury dont bother them one bit. scoring regularly? Lazio scored more than them as well btw, and they have a worse attack.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Bayern was 5 points behind Dortmund on matchday 7 when Ancelotti was sacked. Now they lead the league by 18 points. That is a 23 point gain in 15 matches. I mean ffs how bad are the rest of the clubs in being competetitve even for a little while :lol:
calma

Bundesliga teams are limited by 50+1, that's like a 100m runner carrying 25kg barbells. Serie A teams minus Juve are like butter scraped over too much bread. Once 50+1 goes away most Bundesliga teams will blow up to Chelsea+ManC size because of how much money there is to be earned in Germany compared to Italy for investors. Serie A will be below Portugal and Russia soon

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
what kind of results should they be getting then? they arent Lazio/inter level of team obviously, they have the 2nd best team in the league and they play together for a few years now. they finished with 86 pts last season (Roma finished with 87 pts, i guess they shouldnt get those results either), naturally they would be improving the following year with Serie A as their only true goal to focus on.

Juve plays bad ::lol3::, OK. somehow we still scored more goals than Napoli, guess its all individual brilliance.

Milik was never a key player for Napoli hence his injury dont bother them one bit. scoring regularly? Lazio scored more than them as well btw, and they have a worse attack.
Apparently losing to Shaktar and Feyenoord and crashing out of CL group stage is the benchmark of a great coach. Shaktar and Feyenoord are true giants playing in the top European leagues, so we can't expect provincial Napoli from tinpot Serie A to compete with such extraordinary teams. Was a tactical and motivational miracle that Sarri managed to get his rejects and second-rate players to even win two matches in that "deathiest" group of death ever. :seven:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

::lol3:: their biggest "rival" won 5 in the same timespan. #competition

Dortmund started their season 6-1-0, then went for a run of games of 0-3-5. how do you become so bad so quickly ffs :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

calma

Bundesliga teams are limited by 50+1, that's like a 100m runner carrying 25kg barbells. Serie A teams minus Juve are like butter scraped over too much bread. Once 50+1 goes away most Bundesliga teams will blow up to Chelsea+ManC size because of how much money there is to be earned in Germany compared to Italy for investors. Serie A will be below Portugal and Russia soon
good luck with that :baus:

#Tradizion

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
calma

:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

::lol3:: their biggest "rival" won 5 in the same timespan. #competition

Dortmund started their season 6-1-0, then went for a run of games of 0-3-5. how do you become so bad so quickly ffs :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

good luck with that :baus:

#Tradizion
Total domination, I love it :tuttosport:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Apparently losing to Shaktar and Feyenoord and crashing out of CL group stage is the benchmark of a great coach. Shaktar and Feyenoord are true giants playing in the top European leagues, so we can't expect provincial Napoli from tinpot Serie A to compete with such extraordinary teams. Was a tactical and motivational miracle that Sarri managed to get his rejects and second-rate players to even win two matches in that "deathiest" group of death ever. :seven:
its ridiculous how underrated players in Serie A are around here. apparently, if it wasnt for all the miracle working coaches, they would all be in Serie B and we would be the only club left in A

- - - Updated - - -

Total domination, I love it :tuttosport:
BL and Serie A should merge

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
its ridiculous how underrated players in Serie A are around here. apparently, if it wasnt for all the miracle working coaches, they would all be in Serie B and we would be the only club left in A
I think Sarri is a very good coach, could one day prove to be a great one.

But thus far, he's won nothing, and had embarrassing European exits at the hands of Villarreal in Europa Rof32, and Shaktar in CL group stage, and Just as embarrassing exits at the hands of Atalanta and Inter in Coppa QFs.

Those are all teams with far weaker squads and worse players than Napoli. As impressive as what Sarri is doing this year in Serie A is, his failures in cup competitions against far worse teams are just as pathetic.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
calma

I know that, and actually said it to friends, but it still weak these bums cant win 2 games in a row sometimes...I mean come on.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

But thus far, he's won nothing, and had embarrassing European exits at the hands of Villarreal in Europa Rof32, and Shaktar in CL group stage, and Just as embarrassing exits at the hands of Atalanta and Inter in Coppa QFs.

Those are all teams with far weaker squads and worse players than Napoli. As impressive as what Sarri is doing this year in Serie A is, his failures in cup competitions against far worse teams are just as pathetic.
He's overrated imo. He's good, but he has one single narrow minded gameplan which doesn't work against top teams, as long as that stays the same he's not going to be elite

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

so far hes shown to be a great league coach (atleast at Empoli and Napoli, no idea what he did before) and a terrible cup competition one. might be that Napoli simply set their priorities to win Serie A at all costs (doubt it tho, CL money is to valuable to treat is as secondary competition + they always fielded their best XI as far as i know), but he definitely should have done better in some of those games. passin the CL group is the least to expect of the 2nd best italian team so no excuses there

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He's overrated imo. He's good, but he has one single narrow minded gameplan which doesn't work against top teams, as long as that stays the same he's not going to be elite
:tup:

The no bench thing is a myth too.

They have Hamsik, Jorginho, Allan, Diawara, Zielisnki, Rog for midfield alone. They have Koulibaly, Albiol, Tonelli, Chiriches at CB. And so on.

They can't handle an easy group in CL? Atalanta in Coppa?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
they are thin in attack (only Milik as a sub) so they are forced to change formation with Rog/Zielinski subbing for one of the attackers, but they are fine in ohter areas. and Higuain left them 4 mercatos ago, had enough time to sign someone if they didnt waste time with the likes of Lavaretti or whatever his name was

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I would say the difference is we have €40 million players who can ride the bench and get by where as Napoli do not have that kind of luxury

Yes Sarri's results are pretty bad in Europe but he is limited with his team as the quality isn't there in multiple positions

That's why he's using the same 13/14 players in my opinion

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@Fr3sh would love it
a bit unrelated, but how much impact do you think the Olympiastadion had to do with Bqayerns rise in power (especially money wise) in German football? if you look at the picture of german football in the 60s, you see 8 different champions and no one winning back to back titles, after which 2 great teams emmerge - Bayern and Gladbach - but only one stayed on the top until today. what i heard is that the stadium they got for free (?) after the Olympics gave them the monetary push to stay above the rest of the competition and poach their best players regularly (heard Hoeness once say theyve been finishing in the + for 20 straight years or something like that). could also be bitter Rheinlanders and Ruhrpotters so im having rservations on what i hear.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say the difference is we have €40 million players who can ride the bench and get by where as Napoli do not have that kind of luxury

Yes Sarri's results are pretty bad in Europe but he is limited with his team as the quality isn't there in multiple positions

That's why he's using the same 13/14 players in my opinion
and other teams have 75M CBs yet no sane person would claim they have better teams than us.

the money argument :touched:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
a bit unrelated, but how much impact do you think the Olympiastadion had to do with Bqayerns rise in power (especially money wise) in German football? if you look at the picture of german football in the 60s, you see 8 different champions and no one winning back to back titles, after which 2 great teams emmerge - Bayern and Gladbach - but only one stayed on the top until today. what i heard is that the stadium they got for free (?) after the Olympics gave them the monetary push to stay above the rest of the competition and poach their best players regularly (heard Hoeness once say theyve been finishing in the + for 20 straight years or something like that). could also be bitter Rheinlanders and Ruhrpotters so im having rservations on what i hear.

- - - Updated - - -

and other teams have 75M CBs yet no sane person would claim they have better teams than us.

the money argument :touched:
Sarri is limited with his squad, but Shaktar, Feyenoord, Villarreal, Atalanta have massive quality and depth at every position. ::lol3::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)