Serie A 2017/18 (96 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We are speaking about conflict of interest here, if we go by your logic of bias and it interfering with performance turn nobody's fit to ref since we all have biases.
i see a difference between - let's say - being slightly biased towards your hometown and being a fanboy. nobody's perfectly objective, but if it turns out that giacomelli is a roma fanboy, it's not a simple bias then.

btw that natural bias is the reason why refs are usually not assigned to the matches of their hometown teams. for instance, collina was already an established ref when they gave him a bologna match in '99 - and bologna were a serie a team for 3 seasons prior to that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
A belgian newspaper just said that Angelli is the family behind Inter.
Jesus fucking christ

De jongste jaren hield Verschueren zich voor Anderlecht meer bezig met de internationale dossiers. Sinds 2013 is hij bestuurslid van de ECA, de European Club Association. In die belangenvereniging voor (rijke) clubs werkt hij nauw samen met grootheden als Ed Woodward (ceo Manchester United), Josep Maria Bartomeu (voorzitter Barcelona), Nasser Al-Khelaifi (eigenaar PSG), Edwin van der Sar (Ajax) en de familie Agnelli (Inter). Hij controleert er zelfs de financiën. De hervorming van de Europese clubcompetities is een van zijn persoonlijke projecten. Daarnaast is hij professioneel actief als mede-eigenaar van een vastgoedkantoor en ceo van een reclamebureau.
@Seven

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I hate inter with a passion but there's no way id fuck em over intentionally as a ref, i think most adults can separate their personal and professional lives especially for something so trivial.
:agree:

Must be the same like beeing a mod, right? You have to be professional in spite of personal issues.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I hate inter with a passion but there's no way id fuck em over intentionally as a ref, i think most adults can separate their personal and professional lives especially for something so trivial.
i would and i'd be ridiculously blatant about it too. unscored goals will appear on the board type of shit, and reds for looking at me wrong.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
what's trivial about hating Inter? I'd never agree to ref their game, but if I had to, I seriously doubt I'd be able to be unbiased, I could try and fail

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:agree:

Must be the same like beeing a mod, right? You have to be professional in spite of personal issues.
Wrong, one it is not a profession, two only a handful of members are close enough for me to take anything they would do personally, and three your passive aggressiveness betrays your calm demeanor, gotta get that anger checked out.

- - - Updated - - -

what's trivial about hating Inter? I'd never agree to ref their game, but if I had to, I seriously doubt I'd be able to be unbiased, I could try and fail
It's just football.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Refs who are known to be a fan of a certain club often even end up whisteling against them in 50/50 situations.
They know they are under pressure. Everyone is watching them and they won't risk their jobs by giving away easy cards or penalties for "their" club.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Refs who are known to be a fan of a certain club often even end up whisteling against them in 50/50 situations.
They know they are under pressure. Everyone is watching them and they won't risk their jobs by giving away easy cards or penalties for "their" club.
I wish I was ref in UCL final that Juve played in, I'd give 4 red cards to opposition within first 3 minutes of gameplay, automatic CL for Juve :touched::tuttosport:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I wish I was ref in UCL final that Juve played in, I'd give 4 red cards to opposition within first 3 minutes of gameplay, automatic CL for Juve :touched::tuttosport:
Then imagine powerplay towards the opposition goal, hitting the post 5 times, chances cleared on the line, 90 + 2, a defensive blunder, 1-0 for the opposition from their only chance in whole game, final whistle seconds after, final lost :snoop:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:touched:

I remember when i was like 9 and played youth football. If there was no ref available, the guest team's coach would be the ref. Was the case when one of my team mates elbowed another kid. Nose started to bleed. The ref (our coach) looked at him - play acting. Didn't even give a yellow.

Der simuliert bloß @lgorTudor

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
[video=twitter;943855731492696065]https://twitter.com/DomenicoUrsolo/status/943855731492696065[/video]
'Bonucci is happy at Milan’
By Football Italia staff

Milan insist Leonardo Bonucci “totally believes” in their project, despite rumours he could leave the club.

It was reported this morning by Gazzetta dello Sport and La Repubblica that the Rossoneri captain is disillusioned after a bad start to the season, and could be willing to move abroad.

The Diavolo have responded to that in their Press round-up, declaring that the centre-back will remain at San Siro.

“But how beautiful the rediscovery of Bonucci is!” the comment from the club begins.

“Suddenly we go from teasing about shifting the balance, to the threat of a sudden abandonment of Milan and the interest of big clubs.

“In a nutshell, these really are inadmissible allegations. The reality is that Leo has already informally denied them. Not only that, he’ll do it formally too.

“Leonardo Bonucci totally believes in the Milan project, and this just proves that pre-Christmas stories are absolutely based on nothing.

“The Rossoneri captain is working hard, just like all his teammates, in the ritiro to redeem himself and the whole of Milan, who are in a very negative position.”
:shifty:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Then imagine powerplay towards the opposition goal, hitting the post 5 times, chances cleared on the line, 90 + 2, a defensive blunder, 1-0 for the opposition from their only chance in whole game, final whistle seconds after, final lost :snoop:
Wouldn't it be automatic lost though if the teams has less then X amount of players on field?

:touched:

I remember when i was like 9 and played youth football. If there was no ref available, the guest team's coach would be the ref. Was the case when one of my team mates elbowed another kid. Nose started to bleed. The ref (our coach) looked at him - play acting. Didn't even give a yellow.

Der simuliert bloß @lgorTudor
:lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
When i was young kid i kept getting stuck on a team with this kid whoss jackass dad was ref in like half the games. He gave every call against us and then gave his son shit after the game for losing. I remember we got rid of him for a short time because he went to southeast asia on a vacation.90% sure it was just to fuck another continents kids in the ass.

I was also on his sons baseball team and he would stand behind the dugout and loudly critisize every kid who was batting.

Apparently like a decade later he was elected mayor of the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)