Serie A 2017/18 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ferrero: ‘Four teams want Torreira’
By Football Italia staff

Sampdoria President Massimo Ferrero reveals “there are four teams” who want Lucas Torreira, and discusses Juventus’ Champions League exit.

Torreira has been one of the star men as the Blucerchiati have mounted a Europa League push, and he’s been heavily linked with Napoli.

“[Coach Marco] Giampaolo will stay with me again next year,” Ferrero insisted, speaking to RMC Sport.

Torreira wants to go so we’ll see, there are four teams that want him. We’ll decide at the end of the season. I love [Napoli President Aurelio] De Laurentiis and he’ll be privileged in my life.”

Samp face Juventus in Turin this weekend, with the Bianconeri smarting after their Champions League exit to Real Madrid.

“I was hoping for extra-time so the Bianconeri would use more energy and be more tired against us.

“Juve played their best match of the season yesterday and it was in Europe, I congratulate the lads and the Coach [Max Allegri].

“You can’t give a penalty 30 seconds from the end, you have to let the teams play and go to extra-time.

“An Italian referee would never have interfered in that match unless it was 100 per cent certain, yesterday it wasn’t even 3 per cent.

“The referee wanted to be the centre of attention and that’s not good, so I agree with Buffon’s words.”

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
So now since no more CL action a few basic serie stats ......

Last season Juve a +50 (77F - 27A) goal differential. This year so far +56 (74F - 18A). So with all the discussion about the porous defense Juve would have this season, so far looks like it will be below the 28 goals given up for 2016-17. And only 3 goals away from last year's season offensive total, stat wise also an improvement.

So as inconsistent as the team has been at times this year, I would say Max has done a excellent job at getting the most positive results possible. Only see this team with a few tweaks here and there (player and strategy wise) being even more potent next year at putting the ball in the net. Let me shut up now before I jinx the rest of the season.

:flag1:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I dont understand people who are against reduction of parallel games.

We get to watch Milan-Napoli, Juve-Samp, Lazio-Roma back to back tomorrow and it's beautiful.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I dont understand people who are against reduction of parallel games.

We get to watch Milan-Napoli, Juve-Samp, Lazio-Roma back to back tomorrow and it's beautiful.
Because Juve playing first always gives us an unfair advantage. Except when we play last, then playing last gives us an unfair advantage.

The only possible solution is to play all the games at the exact same time...until we win at that too and it is determined playing all the fixtures at the same time also gives us an unfair advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)